Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Weekes wouldn't be high on other teams radar yet.
Every team has promising youngsters ,and atm ,that is all he still is.

I took the complete opposite from the Garrick article, I think he starts the season on the wing till Saab returns.

“I definitely want to switch to the centres,” Garrick said.

“Whether that happens straight away or not depends on how the backline sits with injuries and stuff like that for the start of the season, but I would love to play there."
Yeah hard to know, Josh quoted he was training there outside him in centres. I am onboard to leave him on flank til Saab is back tbh and have Parker with Koula

Apart from Ethan Fulton in the team list, lots of other well-known Manly names working with the team there:

Todd Eadie (Manager), Anthony Colella (Orange Shirt?), Daniel Gartner (Physiotherapist).

Yeah hard to know, Josh quoted he was training there outside him in centres. I am onboard to leave him on flank til Saab is back tbh and have Parker with Koula
Yeah only a few weeks till we find out for sure.

Though training in a position doesnt mean exclusively training in a position.

Id assume Garrick has spent time at centre and on the wing regardless of what position he lines up in round 1

There have been plenty of big-name players making big-money moves over the summer. It’s the ones that don’t cost a lot that can have the biggest impact on a club. Michael Chammas runs his eye over the top 10 value signings of 2023.
1. J’maine Hopgood (Eels)
Estimated salary: $150,000
Joined the Parramatta Eels from the Penrith Panthers over the summer on a two-year deal. Hopgood has played nine NRL games over two seasons for Penrith but struggled for regular minutes behind a star-studded forward pack.
Eels coach Brad Arthur is known for turning fringe first-graders into quality NRL players, and there’s plenty of optimism around Hopgood. With Ryan Matterson serving a suspension in the opening weeks of the competition, Hopgood is firming as the starting lock.
2. Luke Garner (Panthers)
Estimated salary: $275,000
Took less than what was on the table at the Wests Tigers to join the back-to-back premiers. Garner showed plenty of potential during his five seasons at the Tigers. He fell in and out of favour with former coach Michael Maguire and struggled for consistency.
The Panthers identified Garner as their priority target in their search for a replacement for Viliame Kikau, who decided to join the Bulldogs on a long-term deal. For under $300,000 the Panthers are hoping to transform his career like they did with Kurt Capewell.
3. Eliesa Katoa (Storm)
Estimated salary: $200,000
There were big raps on Eliesa Katoa when he first burst onto the scene with the Warriors in 2020. He hasn’t lived up to the hype, but the Melbourne Storm know how to get the best out of a player.
He’s a powerful back-rower with plenty of skill. He will be challenging for a starting edge position alongside Tariq Sims following the departures of Felise Kaufusi and Kenny Bromwich.
4. Hayze Perham (Bulldogs)
Estimated salary: $150,000
As reported by the Herald last week, Hayze Perham is set to be given first crack at Canterbury’s No.1 jersey ahead of Jake Averillo. It’s the first big move from new coach Cameron Ciraldo, who is renowned for his defensive focus.
Perham’s communication skills from the back are one of his strengths, as are his fitness levels. He joined the club in the pre-season after two years with Parramatta. He made his NRL debut for the Warriors in 2019 but has only managed to play 16 first-grade games.
5. Sam Verrills (Titans)
Estimated salary: $400,000
The Titans have lacked creativity from dummy half in recent seasons. The purchase of Verrills from the Roosters will help in that area.
Verrills moved on from the Roosters after the club signed Brandon Smith. He’ll be part of a new-look Titans spine which also includes Kieran Foran.
6. Jacob Liddle (Dragons)
Estimated salary: $200,000
The Wests Tigers are paying about $50,000 of his salary, leaving the Dragons to pick up close to $200,000 of his contract this year.
He will inject some much-needed spark and speed to what was a stale attack in 2022. The retirement of Andrew McCullough will see Liddle start the season in the No.9 jersey.
7. David Klemmer (Tigers)
Estimated price: $400,000
The Knights are still paying half of Klemmer’s $800,000 salary for this season. At $400,000 for 2023, the Tigers have picked up Klemmer for a steal. Especially considering the Tigers were meant to be paying Zane Musgrove (released to the Dragons) in excess of $500,000 for the next two years.
Klemmer picked up Newcastle’s players’ player award last year, averaging 155 metres per game. That was well ahead of Musgrove’s 89 metres per game on a 25 per cent higher salary than Klemmer’s 2023 contract.
8. Greg Marzhew (Knights)
Estimated salary: $240,000
Greg Marzhew was contracted to the Titans for 2023 but was released to the Newcastle Knights as part of a swap deal for hooker Chris Randall.
With Kalyn Ponga set to make the switch from fullback to the halves, the winger could become the beneficiary of his trademark cut-out pass.
9. Jack Murchie (Eels)
Estimated salary: $125,000
Two years ago, Brad Arthur picked up Isaiah Papali’i on a next-to-nothing deal from the Warriors and turned him into a star.
He’ll be hoping the same thing will happen with former Warrior Jack Murchie, who is fighting for the starting back-row spot vacated by Papali’i’s departure to the Tigers.
10. Ben Condon (Sea Eagles)
Estimated salary: $120,000
Didn’t play a game for the Cowboys in 2022 despite impressing in his 11 appearances the year before. Condon was brought to the club by recruitment manager Scott Fulton.
Anthony Seibold has been impressed with his no-nonsense approach and is in line to feature in Manly’s 17 in round one as a middle forward.

I have not seen too many media wraps on Condon before, so the above could be a smokey for the future.
Round One seems a stretch to introduce him - who from last year is not impressing enough to make way?

We've got 6 middle forwards that I would have thought would be in contention for 4 spots: Aloiai, Paseka, Keppie, Sipley, Bullemor and (possibly still injured) Morgan Boyle.

I guess that the trials will be enlightening to see who are Round One starting props are.

Yeah only a few weeks till we find out for sure.

Though training in a position doesnt mean exclusively training in a position.

Id assume Garrick has spent time at centre and on the wing regardless of what position he lines up in round 1
I don't have an issue with having Parker as short term measure is a better option than inexperience on flank. Once Saab fit I like to see Reuben in centres

I don't have an issue with having Parker as short term measure is a better option than inexperience on flank. Once Saab fit I like to see Reuben in centres
I would rather look at long term options as it is in the long term towards success we are building up to

I would be giving out more dynamic backs a shot to shine on the wing If their trial form warrants it offcourse

The dynamic Rueben needs game time in the centres to perfect his game there

Parker is a back to the future player . We need to move on from that towards a more dynamic era

I would rather look at long term options as it is in the long term towards success we are building up to

I would be giving out more dynamic backs a shot to shine on the wing If their trial form warrants it offcourse

The dynamic Rueben needs game time in the centres to perfect his game there

Parker is a back to the future player . We need to move on from that towards a more dynamic era
Mate I agree but it's a big risk to have 2 relative inexperienced wingers in Tuipolotu and prob Vaega. Parker safe we know what we get, it's all on Seilbold this one.

There he goes again. ...
Good old Jake Building up his Goodie two shoes Image

Jake .....
But I just want to try and be a good person off the field and a good person on the field and try and be a good leader.”
End quote

Jake be a good person off the field but be a bastard on it

Our Flat tack bullies Pack needs a change of attitude and Image or nothing will change

We need to be intimidating on the field and not good blokes and liked

Last edited:
Mate I agree but it's a big risk to have 2 relative inexperienced wingers in Tuipolotu and prob Vaega. Parker safe we know what we get, it's all on Seilbold this one.
IMO it is not a risk when you give talent a go as they have the talent to prevail

AS I have said many times Talent not used is Talent wasted

How else can young talent get experience if they are not given a go

Maybe another club will give our young talented players a go and we can keep playing the average players like Parker for life

When your talented enough your old enough and good enough to make your mark

IMO it is not a risk when you give talent a go as they have the talent to prevail

AS I have said many times Talent not used is Talent wasted

How else can young talent get experience if they are not given a go

Maybe another club will give our young talented players a go and we can keep playing the average players like Parker for life

When your talented enough your old enough and good enough to make your mark
Yeah I suppose we will see how it falls. I say that centre/wing spot and starting props are most open spots in starting team.

Yeah I suppose we will see how it falls. I say that centre/wing spot and starting props are most open spots in starting team.
I hope Seibold rewards the best performing players on trial form

Nothing more frustrating and demoralizing to a player busting his guts in a trial and being the superior performer and the coach rewards the lesser performing player on his past reputation

2023 should be the Manly home of player opportunity
Which ever player knocks the NRL door down on performance is one that wears the NRL Jersey

We need to move away from Complacency in 2023

I think every position should be open to opportunity for every player

Complacency is the Mother of all Failures

I hope Seibold rewards the best performing players on trial form

Nothing more frustrating and demoralizing to a player busting his guts in a trial and being the superior performer and the coach rewards the lesser performing player on his past reputation

2023 should be the Manly home of player opportunity
Which ever player knocks the NRL door down on performance is one that wears the NRL Jersey

We need to move away from Complacency in 2023
I am sure we will, he bloodied alot of kids at broncs and even at rabbits

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4