Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder if snake has full time coach potential?

I'm hesitant to raise points like that as there is no way of telling (from an outsider) which former players have the desire or qualities to make a coach.

Anyone in the know, know if he has the interest or if he is highly regarded....obviously it would be a long term plan

I'm hesitant to raise points like that as there is no way of telling (from an outsider) which former players have the desire or qualities to make a coach.

Anyone in the know, know if he has the interest or if he is highly regarded....obviously it would be a long term plan
Great question, from a distance and totally without any knowledge of him I'd guess ... not!
There's something about the demeanour of most successful coaches, hard to explain but a bit more gravitas or seriousness, a bit less of the skylarking type?
Matty Ballin seems to be trying to make a serious go at coaching.
Glenn Stewart always appealed to me as the 'type', but no idea if he has any interest in it.

What he lacks in major coaching credentials, he makes up in stature. If we did a poll on Brett Stewart about being our the next future coach, I'm sure he'd be up in the high 80's%..

Not too sure if there is such a thing as a natural coach but especially at a high pressure level including the N R L , seems most eventual successful or competent coaches require some type of an apprenticeship or grooming . Snake may have some coaching ambitions or assistance level and is showing at present that he is obviously taking his present role seriously . Literally had well over 10 years at the back in his playing career reading the play and giving instructions so probably would have a good array of playing wisdom to pass on as well as more up to date trends and tactics . , Being highly respected as a top line performer probably has its own sense of some status but then that delicate balance in player management , the relevant playing styles to take into account and learning the trade in general with coaching accreditation and so on

1670801383453.png

In training just in case The Shu throws a shoe ...

What he lacks in major coaching credentials, he makes up in stature. If we did a poll on Brett Stewart about being our the next future coach, I'm sure he'd be up in the high 80's%..
I think Brett is more suited to playing a mentoring and ambassadorial role with us.
Just like he said he wanted to do when he returned to us in 2019. “I have a few roles within,’’ Stewart said. “I am doing some ambassadorial stuff and mentoring the fullbacks, wingers and centres while doing some coaching as well.
Who knows what will happen with Seibold as head coach, but he may end up as an assistant coach with us in the future. It would be good to see that happen entirely within the Manly system, but personally I think its highly unlikely.

Anybody know what Cleal and Hales are on, got a feeling it's not big money. If so, I'm ok with then staying on.

So you're ok with whoever's on the support staff, good to know that you are so trusting.

mmm....where did I say I was worrying or judging, ...just curious, as am sure most on here would be.

mmmm ... These are not the words of someone ... just curious

At what point are you going to ring Mestrov and let him know if you are okay with them staying on, or instructing him to let the go?

mmmm ... These are not the words of someone ... just curious

At what point are you going to ring Mestrov and let him know if you are okay with them staying on, or instructing him to let the go?
Oh ok..I'll ring Mestrov right now ..lol. I know you just want to s... stir a bit. And as usual you have gone way off base from my original 1st post of "does anybody know what Cleal and Hales are on" simple question, obviously no one knows.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8