Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Thank you for another up lifting Manly story @The Wheel

The very humble Rueben is one of our success stories and is growing from strength to strength as an accomplished footballer

His 13 line breaks, 930 post contact metres, 56 tackle breaks, and nine try assists for the season are the reason we have over come our One Man Manly Tommy team who injected spark into our backline

Rueben May not be Tommy but he has proven to be Terrific in his own right

Our Inspirational leader DCE in the article said he was proud of Rueben and so are all the Manly supporters who marvel at his coming of age as one of the impressive Manly backs in our clubs very proud history

Rueben making the Legendary Manly jersey proud !
r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
Don’t thank me Bozo, thank the Great media team at the Sea Eagles 🦅

This Passionate quote sums up the Great Passionate Spirit from one of our valued Great Contributors of our Legendary club

We’re proud to be partnering with the Sea Eagles and Gotcha4Life Foundation on this important initiative, and to do what we can to help educate and empower Australians on taking positive action towards their own mental fitness

Earl EvansCo-CEO of Shaw and Partners

All Great things are made from Passion

God Bless all the Passionate Manly People that keep the Greatest club of all Dream Alive

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Last edited:
JULY 21, 2022 11:15 AM.BY JOSH SPASARO

They already have a strong junior nursery, but incoming Sea Eagles CEO Tony Mestrov has declared he will look closely at Manly’s pathways system to “make the club great again”.

A former front-rower for the Northern Beaches outfit, Mestrov will bring the same uncompromising work ethic to Brookvale as he did during his 47-game career in Australia, where he also represented South Sydney, before playing 145 Super League matches in England.

And one of his top priorities will be strengthening a respected junior system.

Manly won the last incarnation of the National Youth Competition in 2017, before its SG Ball Cup outfit – featuring star playmaker Josh Schuster – made the 2019 grand final.

And the Sea Eagles’ Harold Matthews Cup team won last year’s under-17 competition.

The club has also enjoyed strong ties with Queensland over the years.

Current captain Daly Cherry-Evans first made a name for himself with former feeder club Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles – before they reverted back to the Falcons and struck up an affiliation with Melbourne Storm – in the Queensland Cup.

And with the Bulldogs recently revealing details of a partnership with Western Clydesdales, who will enter the Q Cup next year, Manly could also look at continuing to expand its junior nursery.

Mestrov said that might include the Sunshine State, particularly on the back of the Maroons’ stunning State of Origin series victory over New South Wales’ star-studded team last week.

“There are opportunities all over the place. Manly is a club renowned for success, but also a club that players want to come to,” he told BettingSite.com.au.

“I think the opportunity (to expand the club’s junior base) is there. I need to look at the pathways. Currently there are some strong pathways locally, but also with Blacktown (in the NSW Cup).

“I’ll need to discuss that with our recruitment team to see where it’s at, and expand them if I can.

“I’ve also got contacts in the UK, which is another place we can look to expand.

“All those areas I’ll be exploring.”

Coming off a five-year stint as CEO of Greyhound Racing NSW in which he oversaw unprecedented prizemoney increases, Mestrov believes he will thrive at a club which demands success.

“It’s a club that requires a winning culture. I’m fully aware of that. That’s the kind of pressure you’re under,” he said.

“It’s a fantastic club with a fantastic coach. The Centre of Excellence is magnificent, and there’s potential to upgrade the ground with government funding, which is exciting.

“The platform is there for the future for Manly to be great again. That’s part of my job – focusing on the commercial side of the club.

“I’m excited by the new opportunity, and I look back at my time at GRNSW and I couldn’t have worked harder.

“I’ve fulfilled my role there by working as hard as I could. And now the next step is exciting.”

Set for his first day at Brookvale on August 1, Mestrov will become Manly’s sixth CEO in the past eight years.

He said the lack of stability in the front office would not faze him.

“It doesn’t worry me, the number of CEOs. I think the very fact is that I understand the culture, the DNA and the people,” he said.

“And if you do that, it gives you a pretty good idea of what’s required. And I think at times there’s been a lack of understanding.

“There are some big personalities there, but it’s about managing that. So I’m excited about doing that.

“From my point of view, it’s a very close-knit club and that’s what I want – I’ve always been a team-focused person.”

I'm confused. I thought the NRL stopped NSW clubs from having affiliations with Queensland feeder teams....
If I was suggesting promising pathways it would be with Christchurch in NZ where a few years ago such a promising link existed.

Well done on your commitment @BOZO As you said we never really gave ourselves any chance tonight.

Very hard now to make finals
Thank you feathered friend , Well done to you also and all the passionate , loyal and committed Manly souls

Passionate Manly people may be committed to our Legendary club but we are not committed to Mediocrity

We have not lived up to our proud clubs benchmark of excellence since 2011
And it is our Benchmark of excellence that we are defined as the Greatest club of all

Last night performance was a so close but yet so far North Sydney Bears performance

We are so far from our Great Manly champion teams that conquered both adversity and the Rugby League World

Look at the way The Queenslanders made their Maroon colours proud by passionately winning the series against all the odds

At the end of the series the NSW blues were clutching at excuses
And The Mighty Maroons were clinging on to the winning trophy

It is very hard now to make the finals
And We have two options
To start making adjustments and start winning
Or keep making excuses

1658521747638.png

Manly will become the first club in rugby league’s 114-year history to wear a pride jersey. See the playing strip here.

Dean Ritchie

Follow

@BulldogRitchie

2 min read

July 24, 2022 - 6:00PM

Manly will become the first club in rugby league history to wear a pride jersey – titled Everyone in League – to celebrate diversity and inclusivity in the NRL.

Rainbow colours will replace the traditional white piping on Manly’s jumper for Thursday night’s big game against Sydney Roosters at 4 Pines Park.

Boy, hasn’t rugby league come a long way.

Could you imagine this happening at Brookie in the 1970s?

As legendary songwriter Bob Dylan prophetically wrote, The Times They are A-Changin’.

“LGBTIQA people have always been a part of sport but haven’t always been allowed the visibility,” said former Manly forward Ian Roberts, who in 1995 became the first rugby league player to come out as openly gay.

“Honestly, I have been trying to get the NRL to have a pride round for the past three years and it still hasn’t got the traction it deserves.

Manly's Sean Keppie, Kieran Foran and Reuben Garrick in the Sea Eagle's Pride jersey. Picture: Manly Digital

“It saddens me because they think having a float at the Mardi Gras is enough and it’s not.”
Roberts tells the story about being king hit by two thugs as he admired the Sydney Harbour Bridge at Circular Quay many years ago.
There was also the time at Kogarah when he was punched in the face by a fan and called a “faggot” when leaving the field at halftime.
Years of gut-wrenching vitriol just for being gay.
“So it’s wonderful that the sporting community is finally embracing all parts of the community,” Roberts said.
“And that’s what this is, total acceptance and inclusion. I am so proud of Manly for doing this.
Manly legend Ian Roberts.
T
o further celebrate the jersey, Roberts hopes to attend Thursday night’s game. And one player who will run out for the vital match is Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran.
“We are very proud to wear this jersey that delivers such an important message in society today,” Foran said. “The great game of rugby league is for everyone, irrespective of who you are or where you have come from.”
The AFL has a pride round but no NRL club has ventured into such historic territory – until now. Manly’s initiative is part of the annual NRL Women in League round. The rainbow jumper has been designed in collaboration with the club’s apparel partner, Dynasty Sport.
Founder and director of Dynasty Sport, Tyler Rakich, said: “Sport is one of those great things where people come together from all walks of life and participate in something without exclusion. This jersey is a celebration of that and the first of its kind in the NRL.
“The Everyone in League jersey is something we’ve wanted to do for a number of years. As soon as we got the concept locked in, all parties have contributed to make it what it is and it’s something we’re all really proud of.
“The design itself maintains the iconic Manly DNA with the striped design and maroon but with the subtle inclusion of the rainbow colours, which are a nod to inclusivity for Everyone in League.”
Interim Sea Eagles CEO Gary Wolman said his club was proud to “share such an important message that means so much to so many people in the community”.
“The Sea Eagles have such a rich and diverse history in rugby league and in the community,” he said. “To be able to bring this concept to life with Dynasty Sport is a fantastic achievement.”​

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8