Club injury updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
Why does our club keep the fans in the dark about injuries so much?

As soon as Tom is injured there is a press release, but not a single word about anyone else.

I still haven’t heard an official statement on Parker from last week. Did he have Covid?

What about Schuster? What about Walker? Why did Bully not play?

It’s frustrating because most other clubs have an official injury update each week and we get nothing.

Why does our club keep the fans in the dark about injuries so much?

As soon as Tom is injured there is a press release, but not a single word about anyone else.

I still haven’t heard an official statement on Parker from last week. Did he have Covid?

What about Schuster? What about Walker? Why did Bully not play?

It’s frustrating because most other clubs have an official injury update each week and we get nothing.
at the open training session, i got told by a staff member that one player had covid but they wouldn't tell me who. obviously, it was parks but no official announcement like other clubs do. bully warmed up with the team and just missed out on final selection because of aloai. even Schuster, nothing ever was confirmed by manly. i dont know why they keep everything secret but anything with tommy its posted offically straight away.

at the open training session, i got told by a staff member that one player had covid but they wouldn't tell me who. obviously, it was parks but no official announcement like other clubs do. bully warmed up with the team and just missed out on final selection because of aloai. even Schuster, nothing ever was confirmed by manly. i dont know why they keep everything secret but anything with tommy its posted offically straight away.
I think they had to release a statement about it because daily telegraph reported they saw him in a knee brace walking into hospital.
While it's frustrating as fans when the club dosnt report injuries, its good cause it keeps the opposition guessing.
Wouldn't it have been great if the club kept on saying that Tommy's fine, then just before the game they switch him for koala, which completely messes up knights game plan which orientated around shutting down tommy.

I think they had to release a statement about it because daily telegraph reported they saw him in a knee brace walking into hospital.
While it's frustrating as fans when the club dosnt report injuries, its good cause it keeps the opposition guessing.
Wouldn't it have been great if the club kept on saying that Tommy's fine, then just before the game they switch him for koala, which completely messes up knights game plan which orientated around shutting down tommy.
If keeping information a secret is your thing may I suggest you investigate a trip to Russia or China.

The club should invest in disguises to ensure that snoopy journalists don't spot our players going to hospital. A false moustache and glasses for turbo would have done the trick.

I think the general rule is not to give too much info to the opposition, and the effect on the fans is just an unhappy side effect of that.
Turbo is different - the effect his absence has on betting would mean an uproar if his injury was kept quiet.
As for Covid, well everyone's health information is supposed to be confidential. I guess some people don't mind the world knowing, maybe others do?

Yet another underwhelming injury update from the club:

With all due respect, the fans don’t need to know technical information about rehab, strength training etc. we want to know when our favourite players will be back on the park.

Nothing useful here at all.

Artistic impression of a Schuster return.

JS.jpg

With all due respect, the fans don’t need to know technical information about rehab, strength training etc. we want to know when our favourite players will be back on the park.

Underwhelming is exactly what it is. Lots of gaps missing. Looks like it is written up in about 2 mins to appease the mob. So, when is Turbo and Josh expected back and what about Tuitavake? he doesn't even rate a mention

I guess it is all about Des under the radar and smoke and mirrors - tell nobody anything about anything. To me... they are back when they are back and until then it is next man up and that should be how the team sees it - no excuses accepted. You can only play with who is healthy and if they say Tom is back in 2 weeks and it is 4 more.. we will then be up in arms about that. Let's just hope the team plays with this new found grit that funnily enough Aloiai started that ball rolling. We need the rest to keep that ball rolling.

Injuries and return dates are multi faceted. Healing time, risk of recurrence, form of replacements, form of the team/ladder position and time of the year all play a part. It's a complicated balancing act.

Fans demand information on when players will return but reality is even the well payed experts don't know because there are too many variables. They begrudgingly provide injury updates that they know are pure guess work because the only thing worse than inaccurate info is radio silence. They can't win unless they only ever estimate based on the worst case scenario and we still won't have any idea when players will be back.

Manly is no better or worse than any other club we just notice it more.

Let's face it. The communication from the club sometimes is on par with the responses you get from a grunting teenage boy.

But given how the situation with injuries can change from minute to minute, I'm happy to just wait for the announcement that "such and such" is returning this week.

We've done pretty well so far given we're yet to field a full strength side this year.

Let's face it. The communication from the club sometimes is on par with the responses you get from a grunting teenage boy.

But given how the situation with injuries can change from minute to minute, I'm happy to just wait for the announcement that "such and such" is returning this week.

We've done pretty well so far given we're yet to field a full strength side this year.

I could do the job, and I'd honestly do it for free, and be just as accurate:

Josh Schuster: He's recovering and will be back sometime we hope
Josh Aloiai: Sore shoulder, will be back between 1 week, and 58 weeks
Tom Trbojevic: When's origin? A week or two before then !
Morgan Boyle: Is he still at the club? Ummm.. 8 weeks ! Or 3.5 !

We haven't been at full strength for 1 round since 2013.

I dont know why anyone even listens to these injury updates, team selections etc.
Its not our go

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8