Club announcement - Matai & Stewart to Retire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sad news but we all knew this was coming.

Great servants to this mighty club, we will miss both of them.

Once they are given medical retirement from the NRL we need to start the process of looking for 2 or 3 quality signings for 2018, I say one prop and centre is what we need.

2 absolute Manly legends and it will be quite the adjustment seeing the team run out without them (and Jamie )

Last edited:
Things may have changed in the last week, but from the news i got a couple of weeks ago from a massive informant ( not zorba ) that steve matai is at 80% and training, but a few weeks behind the other players . So ill wait and see how this pan's out . This icon was very sure he'll be there at some stage but it might be manly can get out of this through insurance.

8a62d87cc689e00cd2164c9a39bc5697

:clap:

Things may have changed in the last week, but from the news i got a couple of weeks ago from a massive informant ( not zorba ) that steve matai is at 80% and training, but a few weeks behind the other players . So ill wait and see how this pan's out . This icon was very sure he'll be there at some stage but it might be manly can get out of this through insurance.
I believe you, but I hope for Matai's sake that he can retire. A lifetime of pain with a dodgy neck wouldn't be worth it. Having said that if he is healed and pain-free ...

My mail was matai was always gone back when we all knew it anyway and for Brett to train for a month and then to prove he physically wasn't up to playing anymore and go for a medical retirement .

All smoke and mirrors by our ever transparent club lol

Hope they can find pens to sign off on them both or snotberg brings one himself

On the Sea Eagles website it says " they are working with the management of both players to give them the farewell they deserve in front of their adoring fans". I'm so glad that they are planning on doing this as they have been a very important part of our two premierships and our decade of being in the finals. We are going to miss them and they both deserve to walk out onto Brookvale Oval one last time even if it is just for a farewell.

Your informant is wrong old mate.

On the Sea Eagles website it says " they are working with the management of both players to give them the farewell they deserve in front of their adoring fans". I'm so glad that they are planning on doing this as they have been a very important part of our two premierships and our decade of being in the finals. We are going to miss them and they both deserve to walk out onto Brookvale Oval one last time even if it is just for a farewell.
Hope it's Round 7 - so we can chant 40-0 in front of the Scumos as Snake and Matai trot around Brookie :giggle:
The last of the 2008 band of Manly Brothers :clap:

It's not likely to be round 1, I'd suggest there's a whole lot more negotiating to be done before we get the final walk around Brookvale Oval.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8