"Close Proximity"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Rynostradamus

Reserve Grader
Okay so I can't claim to be a scholar of the international rule book for our game.

So first things first. Has anyone ever heard of a shepperd judgement based on rugby league rules called "Close proximity"?

I ask first as a Manly Warringah supporter. Turbo was denied the first try of the test match due to this invented Call.

I ask second because my punters club stood to win a motza if turbo scored first in the first try scorers market.

The back rower did not go through the line. Yet he was called for obstruction when he stopped before the line. Nor was their any touch of any defender. He stopped behind the man with the ball.

So the video ref to my knowledge invented an excuse. Again happy to be schooled on this.

After watching our players and club be scrutinised and cleared for match and spot fixing at what point do the Police investigate officials. 1 official is easier to influence than a team. As evidenced in many sports around the globe.

I think the Police should be looking at the payout trail from the first try scorers market in tonight's game.

A long shot forward vs the favourite. House wins.

I think gambling in league should be banned. The officials and the players need protecting. As do clubs and fans.

To quote the great man "there needs to be an investigation". It needs to happen now before the criminals win; year to year, month to month, game to game.

Nuff said.

Okay so I can't claim to be a scholar of the international rule book for our game.

So first things first. Has anyone ever heard of a shepperd judgement based on rugby league rules called "Close proximity"?

I ask first as a Manly Warringah supporter. Turbo was denied the first try of the test match due to this invented Call.

I ask second because my punters club stood to win a motza if turbo scored first in the first try scorers market.

The back rower did not go through the line. Yet he was called for obstruction when he stopped before the line. Nor was their any touch of any defender. He stopped behind the man with the ball.

So the video ref to my knowledge invented an excuse. Again happy to be schooled on this.

After watching our players and club be scrutinised and cleared for match and spot fixing at what point do the Police investigate officials. 1 official is easier to influence than a team. As evidenced in many sports around the globe.

I think the Police should be looking at the payout trail from the first try scorers market in tonight's game.

I think gambling in league should be banned. The officials and the players need protecting. As do clubs and fans.

To quote the great man "there needs to be an investigation". It needs to happen now before the criminals win; year to year, month to month, game to game.

Nuff said.
Um the house always wins.

Is it a rule defined by an extent?
Its just part of the obstruction rule.

Whilst the French player wasn't touched by the Roos player, he could not sidestep to tackle the ball career due to the Roos decoy standing right in his face.

______
Obstruction
The indicators for an obstruction include:
1. (a) ‘Block’* or ‘Flat’ runner (who do not receive the ball) must not stop in the middle of the defensive line
(b) ‘Block’ or ‘Flat’ runner (who do not receive the ball) must not run at (chest or outside shoulder of) defender
and initiate contact
(c) The Referee or Review Officials can determine the significance of contact initiated by the ‘Block’ or ‘Flat’
runner (who does not receive the ball) in impeding a defender’s involvement in a try scoring play

Last edited:

Whilst the French player wasn't touched by the Roos player, he could not sidestep to tackle the ball career due to the Roos decoy standing right in his face.

______
Obstruction
1. (a) ‘Block’* or ‘Flat’ runner (who do not receive the ball) must not stop in the middle of the defensive line
(b) ‘Block’ or ‘Flat’ runner (who do not receive the ball) must not run at (chest or outside shoulder of) defender
and initiate contact
(c) The Referee or Review Officials can determine the significance of contact initiated by the ‘Block’ or ‘Flat’
runner (who does not receive the ball) in impeding a defender’s involvement in a try scoring play
So the rules agree with me

______
Obstruction
and initiate contact
I do not see the words close proximity in the rules

I quite like the international reffing and thought they have been great so far. That was a shepherd. Feel bad for Turbo and your betting team but there it is.

Nuff said.
I know I probably sound like a wowser, but gambling is a blight on the game and always has been in my view.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8