Clinton Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why'd Gutherson leave Manly? Didn't he leave on his own accord because he wanted to play fullback and he wouldn't have had much chance of playing fullback at Manly? Seems like he's still a way off at playing fullback. If he had have stuck around then it's more than likely that he would have been playing on the wing in first grade with the way Taufua has been playing. Maybe he did not think he was as good as Taufua or Tom Turbo.

If I could, I'd trade:

Taufua for Gutherson
DCE for Foran

We'd look a whole heap better.

I say Foran because DCE's form has been dreadful, and it will take me a while to forgive the debacle that was his contract negotiation.

Forans was just a complete joke. He obviously didn't want to be here

If I could, I'd trade:

Taufua for Gutherson
DCE for Foran

I say Foran because DCE's form has been dreadful, and it will take me a while to forgive the debacle that was his contract negotiation.

So you would forgive Foran for how he treated the club but not dce for his contract situation?

So you would forgive Foran for how he treated the club but not dce for his contract situation?

No. I'll never forgive either to be honest.

I know DCE is a Manly player, but that debacle, plus his demands, plus what he signed for, means I'm always going to be very hard on him.

To date, he's been plain bad. Not even kicking the ball out on the full at penalties.

I actually take back what I said. If Foran didn't have that history (and either did DCE) and just raw player for player...

I make the trade.

There's a reason the club chose our former no 6, over cherry, in the 1st place. It's like when snake's out, we're a different team. Cherry must learn to do the same things, his former halves partner did. Run the damn team. He's never been a structured half, mostly bootleg & play off the cuff. Wether he's able to do this or not, remains to be seen. I def would not trade Jorge for gutho either Ryan. Gotta feel for poor Jorge. His catching seemed to improve last year? Don't forget, in a team that struggles for yardage, Jorge is constantly making metres week in, week out.

If I could, I'd trade:

Taufua for Gutherson
DCE for Foran

Disagree. I know Taufua had a bad game but I'll never forget the impact he had for our side last season when he returned from injury, it made me realise how much he does for our team. I can forgive an off night because he can produce big plays.
As with dce I honestly don't think his form has been as awful as everyone says. No, he hasn't been earning his monster pay cheque, but these last few games he's defended like a champ and his effort hasn't been questionable. Hopefully our forwards are finding their feet, and Parcell and Walker are both getting better as well.
At first I thought the club asking for time was a bull**** excuse but it's getting easier to believe when I can see the team improve every week.
I'm retrospect, given all of our new players and coaches, and our draw and injuries, 2/4 isn't a bad start for our team.

Foran lost the passion for Manly at the back end of 2014. From that point on we were never going to see him play another good game for us.

He has the passion back - for now. But with the Eels board in charge of the ship I'm pretty confident that they'll piss him off too sooner or later and he'll revert to that moody useless player we became accustomed to in 2015.

When did we ever win without DCE with Foran playing? We won plenty without Foran playing and that's not even counting the games he was physically present but mentally elsewhere.
Can't understand the DCE bashing totally new and utterly inexperienced spine around him for the first two games with forwards not aiming up. Third round he's exceptional apart from one poor kick for touch (and unfortunately that's the thing a lot of people will remember because they lack any deeper understanding of what's going on other than that called by the commentators) and on Saturday he tried his guts out after a five day turn around and got injured. He's a bloody durable halfback rarely misses games and is as good defensively as any half I have ever watched.

FFS I want the club to have as many passionate supporters as it can, but if your knowledge of the game and what players actually do is limited to the level of the screaming hysterics and jealous' unfounded, uneducated, semi literate, Queensland sensationalist-inadequacy placating media inspired Facebook memes and bandwagon alighting - keep the opinions to things like how the green blob on the jersey looks.

I loved watching Foran play for Manly when his heart was in it. DCE will deliver us a premiership before he hangs up the boots.

No. I'll never forgive either to be honest.

I know DCE is a Manly player, but that debacle, plus his demands, plus what he signed for, means I'm always going to be very hard on him.

To date, he's been plain bad. Not even kicking the ball out on the full at penalties.

I actually take back what I said. If Foran didn't have that history (and either did DCE) and just raw player for player...

I make the trade.
Fair enough - take away the history and I am on the fence as I think dce has had some significant changes to deal with at manly where Foran has come into a more structured environment (including a more experienced coach)

When did we ever win without DCE with Foran playing? We won plenty without Foran playing and that's not even counting the games he was physically present but mentally elsewhere.
Can't understand the DCE bashing totally new and utterly inexperienced spine around him for the first two games with forwards not aiming up. Third round he's exceptional apart from one poor kick for touch (and unfortunately that's the thing a lot of people will remember because they lack any deeper understanding of what's going on other than that called by the commentators) and on Saturday he tried his guts out after a five day turn around and got injured. He's a bloody durable halfback rarely misses games and is as good defensively as any half I have ever watched.

FFS I want the club to have as many passionate supporters as it can, but if your knowledge of the game and what players actually do is limited to the level of the screaming hysterics and jealous' unfounded, uneducated, semi literate, Queensland sensationalist-inadequacy placating media inspired Facebook memes and bandwagon alighting - keep the opinions to things like how the green blob on the jersey looks.

I loved watching Foran play for Manly when his heart was in it. DCE will deliver us a premiership before he hangs up the boots.
Well said

I guess we'll see how the team goes for a month without DCE. Should be interesting. I'll predict he will be welcome back. And he will silk in as the season progresses.

Logged in just to give you an agree!! Well said.

I was one of those that thought we would just hit the ground running but now I can appreciate it's going to take some time to get the Manly Machine running on all 8 cylinders.

Regarding Gutherson I don't think he would have been happy to stay on the wing at Manly and he certainly wasn't going to beat Tom T for the future fullback position, which only leaves him as a possible centre and I'm just not sure he was going to be the best the club could find to fill that position. It's a gamble but I can now start to see what the club was thinking.

I'm not really knowledgeable enough to comment on the DCE thing but I can appreciate the fact that he's had to strip his game back to basics but he still busts his guts out every week, which was more than I could say for Foran last year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4