Clint Gutherson......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now that Des is back in charge I hope we get Gutho and Will Hopoate back.

Gutho
A Hoppa
Turbo
Walker
W Hoppa

That's a backline I can get excited about.

Nah, let them stay where they are, for the past five seasons Will has been getting big money without really setting the world on fire, and is slow, as for Gutherson , for us to take him away from the Slime you would have to look at around $550,000 + , he has already had two knee reconstructions, the only thing he really has to offer is energy, he's not a playmaker, he's a goer, but so was Lewis Brown.

Nah, let them stay where they are, for the past five seasons Will has been getting big money without really setting the world on fire, and is slow, as for Gutherson , for us to take him away from the Slime you would have to look at around $550,000 + , he has already had two knee reconstructions, the only thing he really has to offer is energy, he's not a playmaker, he's a goer, but so was Lewis Brown.

Gutho would be worth that kind of money if fit, but yes he is a risk. Hoppa is only 25, and some of his best performances for the Bulldogs have been quite recent. I think he still has untapped potential and could return to something more akin to his 2011 form. I think playing for Manly and with his brother would do him a world of good and that would be reflected on the field.

Would I bring Gutho back to Manly if it were up to me?

Maybe. I know he has been relatively healthy for about 2 years now, but I still can't take the feeling that he is one side-step, one awkward tackle away from a 3rd ACL injury and that to me is probably a risk too far.

We've already spent the past two years with enough players getting paid and sitting on the sidelines with injuries or whatnot. And we're going to be down $330k as it is next year.

I'd honestly rather we brought Will Hopoate back to the club.

See how Elgey goes at 5/8 next season - if he doesn't work out, get Gutho back to partner DCE in the halves in 2020.

See how Elgey goes at 5/8 next season - if he doesn't work out, get Gutho back to partner DCE in the halves in 2020.
I would be hoping a youngster is in the wings to take advantage if Elgey is a misfire, though I must agree, at times during that 2018 season would have loved Gutho as our 5/8.......

Maybe. I know he has been relatively healthy for about 2 years now, but I still can't take the feeling that he is one side-step, one awkward tackle away from a 3rd ACL injury and that to me is probably a risk too far.

We've already spent the past two years with enough players getting paid and sitting on the sidelines with injuries or whatnot. And we're going to be down $330k as it is next year.

All his home games on the ACL cemetery

Hes the smarter option isnt he... gutherson is a gun he can kick goals and witha good team is an origin player imo but! Such a big risk, we already have injury prone players like sironen taufua hodkinson and elgey. Id love for him to come back i think he'd really kill it at manly but hoppa is the safer option and imo he is yet to reach his full potential

Hes the smarter option isnt he... gutherson is a gun he can kick goals and witha good team is an origin player imo but! Such a big risk, we already have injury prone players like sironen taufua hodkinson and elgey. Id love for him to come back i think he'd really kill it at manly but hoppa is the safer option and imo he is yet to reach his full potential

With Will we really had no choice but to let him go because he was going on a Mormon mission for 2 years. But we should never have released Gutho in the first place.

Hindsight can be a convenient reference point again in the case of or suggesting some merit for not releasing Gutho at the end of 2015 or so but again the reality was that there were not easy options at the time . Retain Gutho or not recruit Walker or alternately let go either Snake or Matai and which of course was definitely not in favor at the time . Probably could have only had one more higher paid player after D C E and Tom on the books as back line players in the past couple of seasons in any case even if Gutho did stay so i guess the choice then would have been either Walker or Gutho again . Both have had their injury issues in recent times but on balance , i guess the preference would have been for Dylan . Just one of those times where ideally it would have been good to have kept a talented local junior in Manly colours , similar to Will Hoppa , but circumstances just worked against it . Let 's hope that there is some better luck in keeping young Albert Hoppa in the back line ranks in many future seasons for Manly .

He’ll go to the Roosters. They still have some cap space left after releasing Ferguson.

At least another 4 or 5 million left I’d say , they use very little of the cap when attracting big name players, you can bet Cronk is on about $200k cap and $900k Uncle Nick.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6