cliffy Lyons or Thurston?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So sad to hear Thurston out for the year, but he still gets ultimate credit for giving QLD a chance to win this series.

Just reflecting on Thurston vs Cliffy and their influence over their careers there is absolutely no doubt that Cliffy had THE sweetest timing when it came to passes I have ever seen, and he ran great lines, but when I think of why Thurston will be the next Immortal the clear distinguishing feature that Thurston has is his fitness. Unlike Lyons who would kill it in open field play, but also have long flat moments especially in tight spots, Thurston is almost always dangerous and can cut open lines at any stage of the game. He runs effective lines in second phase play better than any other player I have seen and opens up lines with those angles, rather than the pass timing (which is still sweetly timed but not quite as perfect as Cliffy).

In defence, Thurston is an effective rover and hovers around almost every tackle in a game. His field coverage is amazing - he'll assist 10 tackles, miss 5, but still be effective because he is always there if the ball pops out or they are against their line. Cliffy never had that coverage probably because he was gassed from being a smoker.

Both players have been an inspiration to watch, and their unique line running and ball skills obviously comes from heritage. I hope another player like them emerges when Thurston is finished.

NYEagle

Sorry, two different games. If JT played in Cliffy's day he would have been smashed into the next decade. Imagine what the likes of Tommy R would have done to him, imagine what some of the thugs, mean second rowers & locks of the day would have done.
And if Cliffy had played in current times the clock would have stopped him before he finished a cig.
Based on scheming Cliffy has the edge, problem being no one include his own team knew what he was going to do. JT everyone knew what he was going to do, but couldn't stop it.

Sorry, two different games. If JT played in Cliffy's day he would have been smashed into the next decade. Imagine what the likes of Tommy R would have done to him, imagine what some of the thugs, mean second rowers & locks of the day would have done.
And if Cliffy had played in current times the clock would have stopped him before he finished a cig.
Based on scheming Cliffy has the edge, problem being no one include his own team knew what he was going to do. JT everyone knew what he was going to do, but couldn't stop it.
Beaver knew what Cliffy was doing

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4