Cliffy GC or Vidmar & Co

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Cliffy GC or Vidmar & Co

For those who there tonight any chance of match/game/function report?

PS You lucky bastards   :D  it looked like a great night

Re: Cliffy GC or Vidmar & Co

looked like a decent manly crowd there as well.

Saw 1 or 2 i recognised albeit none of those mentioned above

Take a bow Manly fans. It is getting like the old days as one of the best supported clubs. I loved the sign about not caring who hates us.

I loved the "BEVER" sign

good to have the qlders on board

Canteen Worker link said:
Take a bow Manly fans. It is getting like the old days as one of the best supported clubs. I loved the sign about not caring who hates us.

I reckon that was Vidmar - it looked like Brookie at the emd of the game when the team was thnaking the crowd

Not to mention the amount of times you heard the "MANLY" chant go up.

boys im a bit dusty atm getting home at 5:30am will do that to you.
The pregame meeting was great as were both bus rides there was alot of singing and chanting.
Function was excellent well worth the cash, Bk wombat, steve martin were all there. for the people who went to the broncos game Jughead jones came and had a drink with us all the robina tavern before the game.

Saw chuckwood at the ground.

Best sign i saw was one that said "OUR FULLBACK IS NOT A BENCHPLAYER"

Cliffy Gc link said:
Best sign i saw was one that said \"OUR FULLBACK IS NOT A BENCHPLAYER\"
That's a ripper.

You supporters were terrific. I just loved the roar when Snake went in for his second, that sent tingles down my spine.

Canteen Worker link said:

Yeah, it was a good night & a good sized Manly crowd at probably about 30+% of the 21,374 who attended. Probably an over exaggeration but (judging by the size of the Manly crowd who were left at the end of the night after all the Titans fans left when the Manly players came over to thank the Manly crowd) it may have even been close to 40%.

I was going to say it was more like 50/50 manly titans fans.

The best part of the night was the Stewart Try that was like 30 mtrs in front of us. That pass from Orford had every manly fan jump 10mtrs out of their seat and scream.

The second best was when the Titans chant went up and the Manly fans all called over it too drow them out. Sensational effort.

How good is that stadium though??? Brilliant venue. 

Flip link said:
I was going to say it was more like 50/50 manly titans fans.

The best part of the night was the Stewart Try that was like 30 mtrs in front of us. That pass from Orford had every manly fan jump 10mtrs out of their seat and scream.

The second best was when the Titans chant went up and the Manly fans all called over it too drow them out. Sensational effort.

How good is that stadium though??? Brilliant venue. 

Did the Titans fans chant? I don't recall, oh yeah, before the game & at half time when their ground announcers got them to do it. Other than that, they didn't get much of a chance because whenever they even looked like starting one the Manly crowd drowned them out. The funniest thing that I saw was about 2 or 3 rows in front of where we were sitting was this guy & about 2 or 3 kids who were all Titans supporters sitting in the away supporters bay & every time that they scored he would stand up & turn around to the crowd behind him & skite by doing his Woohoos & raising his arms in the air. He ended up very quiet by the end of the game.

The function put on by the club was absolutely first rate, quality venue with quality finger food in ample quantities.

The players were extremely generous with their time with a particular thank you due to Adam Cuthbertson for an wonderful gesture. To meet Graham Eadie was also a high point. One of many highlights of the evening was David Williams selling raffle tickets with great enthusiasm and fun (how do you say no to someone who scored such a great try!)

The Many crowd at the ground was sensational, the trips to and from the ground in the coach were brilliant and Skilled Stadium is what a Rugby League ground should be.

To all the people involved in making this night so wonderful, both players and officials thank you and for those of you that ever even remotely considered doing a trip to either of the SE Qld  venues, Just Do It, you will not be disappointed.

The video on MSE thread really shows the atmosphere at the ground

Hi All,
Got back last night from a wet and windy weekend on the Gold Coast (on what should be the last “BIG” away day trip for the season).

Awesome trip and as others will have reported officially or unofficially I’ll stick to the “What I did on my holidays” angle.

We were on the 12.35 Jet star flight from Sydney on Friday and got there nice and early to see quite few Manly fans wandering around the airport (as well as some QLD supporters heading home after origin!)

Caught up with a few people and off we went (The Titans logo at the side of the door as we entered the plane was roundly booed by the boys and girls as we boarded)

Funnily enough as were getting off the plane the captain came out and give us a “Go Manly” and we had a quick chat with him before we got off – he was a Manly fan and commented on “How d’ya think I feel flying this plane?” which didn’t register until we got off and saw it had the Titans players pictures on the side!

Arrived at the Crowne Plaza around 3.00’ish and there were already a number of supporters there plus players, admin and support staff wandering around the lobby so the “buzz” was already kicking off.

Quick beer and a feed at the local surf club and then back to hop on the maxi taxi we had ordered for 5.00 (ended up we needed 2) to get us to the Robina Tavern.

The Robina Tavern was ABSOLUTELY CHOCKERS with Manly supporters – great spot and even a “kids club” for the littlies.

I was chatting to a Titans fan at the bar and he was blown away at how well represented we were and seemed quite impressed that we’d been organised enough to sort out a pre-game drinks venue.

Old mates caught up and new friendships forged – The “No one Likes us banner” was unveiled (wasn’t mine but apparently the inspiration from it was from the “Overrated” song that gets a regular airing (especially at away games as we leave the ground having won!!) – Top effort to the guys for that (From memory it was Northern Eagle and his mate that had it)

Another impressive effort was the guy who had a shirt with all of Manly's shirt emblems since 47 on it – It was a V neck NSW Blues colour and was only missing the new centenary logo (Which he was having trouble getting a copy that he could stitch on to it)

He had a fair few signatures on it and had brought it to get more at the post match function.

As we’d figured that the free shuttle from the Tavern to the ground was  likely to be busy the club had organised a coach ($5 ahead) to the ground which turned out to be a good move and we left the pub with a few rousing renditions of Eagle Rock  as 50 odd of us boarded the bus.

The driver looked like a young Dessie which of course was commented on by many.

With a few drinks under their belts at this stage the boys and girls were in fine voice and it was great to see other Manly supporters joining us as we made the 5 minute walk from where the bus had to drop us to the ground.

Couldn’t estimate how many Manly supporters were there but outside the ground (We were in the away supporters bay (S14) it was mostly Manly colours and very few Titans to be seen.

Got in with no worries and was in the upper tier and loads of familiar faces around (Both the QLD crew like Cliffy and Spook etc) but also travelling NSW fans – had FSE and the girls in front of me (the OUR FULLBACK IS NOT A BENCHPLAYER banner was Sarah and Kylies effort).

Everyone was buzzing and the atmosphere was excellent (the video on the “official” forum gives a great view of this)

I felt it was going either way until David Williams scored (and boy didn’t we enjoy that!!!!) and from there I was sure we were going to win.

Mayhem at the end of the game and the players appeared to be absolutely stoked with the support they had received during the game (Something that was commented on after the game, at the function and a number of times from the players and staff over the weekend – so onya all those who travelled)

Loads of singing and cheering as we walked back to the bus from the ground – Some of their supporters from their end came round and starting being a bit cheeky – light hearted fun initially but a couple of them started getting a bit carried away but some of the scary heads travelling with us calmed that down pretty quickly and we carried on enjoying the win.

BIG SING SONG on the bus back to the Crowne Plaza for the function that was a sell out – It was a shame that for anyone that was turned away without tickets as they missed a great night so best advice for next time (Gold Coast AND Brisbane) - book tickets for an y functions  early – you missed a great night).

To those who believed me when I told them that the wrist bands had a lucky door prize number that would be revealed by Ultra Violet light when the lights would be dimmed at 12.15 (Prize – a night with Beaver and his missus….) – Sorry, guess you’ll have realised I was joking by now?

Players past and present (poor BK couldn’t get within 20 meters of the bar for people shaking his hand and wanting pics and autographs) were there and everyone was in fine form.

Huge thanks to everyone concerned in the planning and running of the evening (Especially Aaron, Grace and Alicia from the club) and of course the players for being so willing to give of their time.

Top top night and even a wet and windy trip to Sea World on Saturday failed to dampen the kids sheer enjoyment of the weekend – One of my daughters highlights was me pointing out Andy Goldman from Big Brother coming in to the function after the game – I knew who he was but don’t watch the program but had never twigged he is the son of Grant Goldman the Brooky ground announcer (BEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAVVVVEER – or BEEEEEEEEVER for one man and his sign LOL) – she had a chat and was sooooo happy she got his autograph (She didn’t know who Wombat was unfortunately as he’s not on the telly….)

Saturday evening we relaxed with several of the travelling fans who had stayed on and had a couple of pints of Guinness at the Irish pub down the road and then a Thai meal next door.

Sunday a trip in to town and then back to the airport from the hotel in a white stretch limo (long story BUT a great way to get back to the airport!!!)

For those of you there – good to catch up with you or meet you for the first time.
Thanks for a great weekend and one step closer to the title!! – See you at Cronulla on Saturday!

Vidmar

Great report vidmar sounds like you had a top time

Great comprehensive summary Vidmar - sounds like a huuugggee night/weekend

Sounds like a great weekend, Vidmar.

Thanks for the run down. You truly are a great Manly supporter. I only wish I could see the boys run around as much as you do.

Make sure you rally them all together again for cronulla on saturday. The boys are going to need all the help they can get out there. I think we are in for a tough one.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6