Cliffy and Tooves to Coach MWDJRL U16/17s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One of the most Inspirational Players I have seen
One of the most passionate coaches I have seen
One of the most extraordinary Manly person that I have met
1_630_1120_1_70__News_GettyImages-481870794.jpg

Cliffy with the young ones will hopefully be a winner, my favourite ever League player and that will never change, but from what I heard of when he was coaching reserve grade here the coaching game at the top level isn't for him

Cliffy with the young ones will hopefully be a winner, my favourite ever League player and that will never change, but from what I heard of when he was coaching reserve grade here the coaching game at the top level isn't for him

Yeh I would say you are right. I would love to see TooV as coach and Cliffy as our Laurie Nichols, winding up and down the sideline shadowboxing and handing out encouragement to the players! Imagine how awesome that would be! He could stop for a fag at half time like the old days, no one on the paddock will have half his resume ... might even be able to show our halves a thing or two?

Haha yeah he can coach the under 15s, only problem will be our Jersey flegg team will have a salary cap crisis in 3 years with all the back ended contracts.

Didn't hear any whinging when he was winning us those premiership's, short memory..??

Didn't hear any whinging when he was winning us those premiership's, short memory..??
I do remember that, I also remember him sliding out the back door on a mega deal $$$ to the mutts a week after the gf leaving tooves and the rest of the club to clean up the mess. I also remember him taking the pick of the assistants and staff and attempting to poach our best players. Then he went on to repeat the same act at Belmore. Maybe you have the short memory?

I do remember that, I also remember him sliding out the back door on a mega deal $$$ to the mutts a week after the gf leaving tooves and the rest of the club to clean up the mess. I also remember him taking the pick of the assistants and staff and attempting to poach our best players. Then he went on to repeat the same act at Belmore. Maybe you have the short memory?

No, quite the opposite, I remember the good and bad, I celebrated the wins, so can't really attack the man for doing what was right for him after what he done for us, 2008 & 2011 wouldn't have happened without Des,

No, quite the opposite, I remember the good and bad, I celebrated the wins, so can't really attack the man for doing what was right for him after what he done for us, 2008 & 2011 wouldn't have happened without Des
Wouldn't say I was attacking him, just pointing out he got us into a hole, the club still isn't it of it yet. Those wins were great, but imagine if it worked out like at the dogs where we make a few gfs but didn't win and then have to sort out the back ended nonsense. No thanks.

Wouldn't say I was attacking him, just pointing out he got us into a hole, the club still isn't it of it yet. Those wins were great, but imagine if it worked out like at the dogs where we make a few gfs but didn't win and then have to sort out the back ended nonsense. No thanks.

if that's the only way to get there, yes please !!

MANLY TURN TO GREATNESS FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
Welcome back, Tooves and Cliffy.

The Sea Eagles have drafted club legends Geoff Toovey and Cliff Lyons back in their coaching system with the pair to coach Manly's 16/17 development squad.

Their appointment was emant with overwhelming support on social media.

Seriously Ned, Des left us in 2011 and it is now 2018. You cannot possibly blame him even slightly for our current predicament........sheesh........

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8