Cliff Lyons + Beaver - it's time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its about lifting your vision. Cliffys skills are totally coachable. Beaver and him can just get both halves and backrowers running the same lines. The game is not that different and they both bled as often as anyone. We need a new start. Two fellas just inducted into the hall of fame hulllooo. Defo matty ballin as fitness coach. Weight lifters have **** knees not suited to the greatest game of all (albeit on a brief holiday while greensprog plies his manipulative ways). The best Manly Warringah sides took bs on field decisions as motivation to hit and run harder. Not as a b1tch slap like the current "coach". In the great words of one Steve Tyler "Dont get mad get even".

Still playing Masters footy (over 35's) in recent seasons and a good mate playing up Central coast reckons he still has the 'Magic".
Just has that time on his side as he drifts at angles and carries the ball in 2 hands, looking both inside and outside to "Freeze" the defence, who watch on in anticipation till....presto - his team mate's hit a hole where he 9/10 hits the right man who is off and gone.

If we are fantasising I say let brad Parker , Moses Suli and Dwalks spend a night on the bar and playing pool with killer

never a tougher or complete centre that has ever played the game that did not fit the build of the traditional centre

both brad and Suli are not considered the ultimate or classic 3/4 and Dylan can make any defence eat **** at his explosive best

a few nights with killer would help in lock their potential and help them call a game

a Snakey manly superstar confided with me just how talented killer was in deception and had you before you knew it

he looked slow and then would burn you

I think Brad and Moses can work the same way

Moses smoked gaghi and Brad consistently busted defence when you thought nothing was on

ahhhh killer
You were a superstar

Just saw Cliffy wandering around the mall at Raymond Terrace and couldn’t believe my eyes. Although I didn’t talk to him I was thrilled that he looked my way and I was wearing a Manly T-shirt
My old man spoke to cliffy at the terrace mall on Tuesday. Asked if he was moving up here as he had seen him a few times there before Xmas as well.. cliffy said nah, just doing the rounds.. too hot here and we have too many bloody fires LOL

Guess that there are only so many assistant coaches and coaching staff that a club can have on their books . Apart from Des and Carty as head coaches , Monas , Snake and Ballin seem to offer a pretty good range of tuition and instruction and footy knowledge . Particularly Snake in helping the relatively young side , he would have seen a lot from the back in his time with Manly to provide plenty of guidance on positional play and so on . Beaver seems to be performing a good role already as a club ambassador or what ever and seems sufficient to just be referred to many of Cliffy "s better moment highlights package to get some additional inspiration on playing a smart brand of footy .

Cliffy was an assistant coach I believe under Tooves in his first year but I don’t know what happened there. Maybe it was the cigarettes or he couldn’t translate his ability to others.

Cliffy was such a brilliant player because half the time he didn’t know what he was going to do, it wasn’t structured, but pure instinct and you either have that or you don’t. Joey Johns can teach players his tricks but even he can’t coach his instinct.

I know a previous World Cup winning Wallaby captain and asked him what it was that made him so good as a player. His answer ... lateral vision, the ability to see what was happening at any time, anywhere on the field. I then asked “So how did you get it, was it coached?” His answer “I don’t think you can actually coach it, you either have it or you don’t and that’s what separates the great players from the good players as they see what others don’t.”

And that was Cliffy, Wally, Lockyer, Thurston, Bozo, among many others. The best players don’t always make great coaches.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6