Cleanout for 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Now that we've finally put to bed any hopes for 2023 after that dogsht effort who should be punted for 2024.
My list

Tuipolutu
Saab
Harper
Parker
Johns
Arthur
Woods
Aloiai
Lawton
Boyle
Tuilagi
Roache

Go and find 12 players who deserve to be in a top 30 NRL squad because this current squad is bog average.

Now that we've finally put to bed any hopes for 2023 after that dogsht effort who should be punted for 2024.
My list

Tuipolutu
Saab
Harper
Parker
Johns
Arthur
Woods
Aloiai
Lawton
Boyle
Tuilagi
Roache

Go and find 12 players who deserve to be in a top 30 NRL squad because this current squad is bog average.
We offered extended contracts to a lot of our problems last year… this ride is gonna be long(er) and bumpy(er)…

Don't renew Johns or Woods and try to think of a way to encourage Aloiai to seek greener pastures.
I'd keep the rest. (Roach isn't even in the top 30)

Everyone of those players except Parker is a reject from a struggling club. Anyone think we might have got rid of part of the problem with the recent departure of a so called talent scout.

All players off contract should go. A tough call as I believe Parker should stay another season BUT we need improvement. Would like to see Harper stay on with Blacktown.

My list

Tuipolutu
Saab
Harper
Parker
Johns
Arthur
Woods
Aloiai
Lawton
Boyle
Tuilagi
Roache

Several of those players are off contract at the end of this year. Keepers for me would be Saab & Lawton. We don't have many backrowers, so I think Tuilagi is worth persisting with as a bench player. Maybe Arthur is worth keeping as a backup, but Latu Fainu is our future in the halves. I would be happy to let go of Aloiai. He has was our best front rower in 2021-22, but IMO, he doesn't fit well in the Sea Eagles culture and is the only unlikeable player in the squad.

My list

Tuipolutu
Saab
Harper
Parker
Johns
Arthur
Woods
Aloiai
Lawton
Boyle
Tuilagi
Roache

The reality is @mickqld most of those players are contracted through to 2025, and based on their recent form would be difficult to release them until their contract period is over. Five should definitely be moved on, i.e., Harper, Johns, Woods, Boyle and Roache. Unfortunately, the combined contract value of these guys is "sweet bugger all", and we won't be able to pick up any NRL player of value when we swap them out. We are stuck with promoting our younger players .i.e Humphries for Johns, Myers for Harper, Sykes for Boyle, Dias for Woods, Matterson for Roache etc., until we can rebalance our cap. There is no quick fix to our current situation, as we already have 22 players contracted for 2024, and 75% of our cap is already allocated for 2025.

Who can be let go for 2024:
Tuipolutu - No
Saab - No
Harper - Yes
Parker - No
Johns - Yes
Arthur - No
Woods - Yes
Aloiai - No
Lawton - No
Boyle - Yes
Tuilagi - No
Roache - Yes

what-do-you-mean-everyone.gif

2023 is not over.

But agree with your list in that the off contract listed not be renewed and the contracted be offered the opportunity to look elsewhere.

Bar Saab, rough night last night but a player there

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10