Cleanout for 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Saab had a poor game last night but no way would you let him go. I like Lawton but a bit confused with his role this year, when we first signed him he played well on that left edge but now he’s in the bench hooker role where GCKT should be. I’d keep him for depth though

The rest can absolutely go as far as I’m concerned. Maybe harsh on Arthur but unless he does transition to a ball playing forward, he’s just a fill in until Fainu is ready, which might not be too far away from the looks of it
Saab is great at one thing. Running in tries with no one in front of him via space created by Schuster, Turbo. Other than that he is bog average

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
I completely agree , but my point remains , if we have an almost total cleanout , as are at least 2 other clubs , where are these “ dependable “ players going to come from??

I agree with the cleanout but it can only come slowly, and it’s going to take some years to get rid of the under performers.
In all honesty I have no idea but I reckon there must be country league players that fit the bill… problem you have then tho is the different level of fitness that those guys have…

You are right, there is no magic bullet but I feel like we are on a roller coaster at the moment… every up leads to a period of extended downs…

Leighbra

Reserve Grader
Aloiai needs to go I’m so sick of him he offers nothing. We need some leg drive and impact like what Mccines gives the sharks. I can see why parra gave Arthur a hard time unfortunately he just doesn’t look up to standard but harsh after two games I know but it’s just what I see.

Don’t think we need a massive clean, but I’d like to see the below blokes moved on.
Aloiai
Woods
Harper
Boyle

Aloiai needs to go I’m so sick of him he offers nothing. We need some leg drive and impact like what Mccines gives the sharks. I can see why parra gave Arthur a hard time unfortunately he just doesn’t look up to standard but harsh after two games I know but it’s just what I see.

Don’t think we need a massive clean, but I’d like to see the below blokes moved on.
Aloiai
Woods
Harper
Boyle
Add Tuilagi and Lawton to that list

1. Offload:

Aloai
Woods
Tuilagi
Lawton
Keppe
Harper
Boyle
Johns

2. Promote some BWSE players:

Matterson
Stuckey
GCKT
Toby
Myers
Vaega

3. Use spare cash to sign 1 player who is a potential leader:
ie
Liam Martin
Angus Crichton

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
It is interesting how Toby has developed into some sort of answer on here.

Just my view but he is not! I like the kid, plenty of ticker, but not a long term first grade prospect

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
1. Offload:

Aloai
Woods
Tuilagi
Lawton
Keppe
Harper
Boyle
Johns

Matterson
Stuckey
GCKT
Toby
Myers
Vaega

ie
Liam Martin
Angus Crichton
Perspective time (Based on my opinion only)

1. Offload:

Aloai - Contracted for 2024 and 2025 - Unlikely

Woods - Gone

Tuilagi - Contracted for 2024 and 2025 - Unlikely

Lawton - Contracted for 2025 - Possible but highly unlikely

Keppe - Contracted for 2024, 2025 and 2026 - Not happening

Harper - Gone

Boyle - Gone

Johns - Gone

Matterson - Likely

Stuckey - Unlikely

GCKT - Already in the 30 for 2024

Toby - Possible

Myers - Contracted to 2024 - Likely to be upgraded into the 30 for 2024

Vaega - Already in the 30 for 2023 - Likely to be re-signed for 2024

ie

Liam Martin - Contracted to the Panthers for 2024 at 850K. We might pick him up at 950K - Highly unlikely

Angus Crichton - Contracted to Roosters for 2024 at 750K. We might pick him up at 850K - Unlikely

Rocky

Bencher
It is interesting how Toby has developed into some sort of answer on here.

Just my view but he is not! I like the kid, plenty of ticker, but not a long term first grade prospect
Agreed - same as Vaega.

both of them shouldn't be near a fully fit first grade team.

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
Rather than that, I'd say a number 5, 9 and 13 should be a priority (and I mean marquee players). This team is very serviceable:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. XXXXXX
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. XXXXXX
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Samuela Fainu
13. XXXXXX

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Ben Trbojevic

If we go into a 5th campaign with a halfback playing hooker, we should just pack it in. We currently are playing props at lock (and have done so for many years). We need a fast, lean, mobile winger (not a meat axe).

Players I'm keeping, investing time in: Kaeo Weekes, Jake Arthur, Latu Fainu, Karl Lawton, Kelma Tuilagi, Lachlan Croker, Toff Sipley.

I'd be cancelling any deal for Tommy Talau. Like Tuilagi, another Tigers reject that puts the plonk in plonker. Same goes for Condon, Matterson, Fulton, Boyle, Aloiai, Woods, Harper, Vaega, Johns, Tuipulotu.

Parker is a tough one. If the plan is to play him in the backrow, when the centre position already busts him apart, let him go and play centres in the U.K. or something. Please don't break him, like we have so many others.
Think harsh on Fulton . The one time we saw him in 1st grade I thought he had a real go. I’d like to see him get another crack in place of Aloai or Lawton

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
Saab is great at one thing. Running in tries with no one in front of him via space created by Schuster, Turbo. Other than that he is bog average
Yep . Can’t catch. Poor defensive reads . Doesn’t bend the line on kick returns… I think he’s worth hanging onto to see if he can put some size on and be a tupou type winger but if he doesn’t improve by next season he needs to go

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
We need to stop going for these gang member wannabees. Our culture is lazy and dumb. Need more hard working red neck types in the side like Gilbert / Ray Stone

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
We need to stop going for these gang member wannabees. Our culture is lazy and dumb. Need more hard working red neck types in the side like Gilbert / Ray Stone
Always thought we should've signed Ray Stone couple years ago. Not highly skilled or talented just a hard working, mongrel type of worker. Something we've lacked since Thompson, Choc, Horo, Hall, Rodney, Gift.

Always thought we should've signed Ray Stone couple years ago. Not highly skilled or talented just a hard working, mongrel type of worker. Something we've lacked since Thompson, Choc, Horo, Hall, Rodney, Gift.
Did you see Ray Stone's statline 2 weeks ago. 55 Tackles no missed tackles. Thats insane.
Aside from Jake, we have no one that can tackle all day. I mean Croker can tackle but he then becomes to gassed to get involved in the attack.

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
I think Keppie can be a bench prop and we do need Jake to move back to 13 . Just don’t play the way Des had him at 13 . Get him to Tackle , run and ball play every so often, not every set.

Croker is a warrior but he’s just not the man for us. Our pack , when fit , is fine. We desperately need a new 9 & two new wingers who can jump , catch and bend the line on kick returns

I think Burbo can come good on the flank.

Need those wingers stat!! Who’s off contract winger wise next year ?!?

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Perspective time (Based on my opinion only)

1. Offload:

Aloai - Contracted for 2024 and 2025 - Unlikely

Woods - Gone

Tuilagi - Contracted for 2024 and 2025 - Unlikely

Lawton - Contracted for 2025 - Possible but highly unlikely

Keppe - Contracted for 2024, 2025 and 2026 - Not happening

Harper - Gone

Boyle - Gone

Johns - Gone

Matterson - Likely

Stuckey - Unlikely

GCKT - Already in the 30 for 2024

Toby - Possible

Myers - Contracted to 2024 - Likely to be upgraded into the 30 for 2024

Vaega - Already in the 30 for 2023 - Likely to be re-signed for 2024

ie

Liam Martin - Contracted to the Panthers for 2024 at 850K. We might pick him up at 950K - Highly unlikely

Angus Crichton - Contracted to Roosters for 2024 at 750K. We might pick him up at 850K - Unlikely
I thought Vega and Lawton were off contract eoy

KNUCKLES

Bencher
I think Keppie can be a bench prop and we do need Jake to move back to 13 . Just don’t play the way Des had him at 13 . Get him to Tackle , run and ball play every so often, not every set.

Croker is a warrior but he’s just not the man for us. Our pack , when fit , is fine. We desperately need a new 9 & two new wingers who can jump , catch and bend the line on kick returns

I think Burbo can come good on the flank.

Need those wingers stat!! Who’s off contract winger wise next year ?!?
Sweet FA in the winger department. Better off moving koula there and looking around for a centre. Montoya would of been a good pick up in my opinion. He recently extended though

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought Vega and Lawton were off contract eoy
Lawton contracted until the end of 2024
Vaega only contracted until the end of 2023 but is unlikely to be let go in my opinion. (Harper going, Talau unconfirmed, Myers only outside back under development likely to be upgraded)
As I said just my opinion.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16