Clean Out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need cap space and the best way to get cap space is to tell Dylan and Marty they can find another club if they choose. Dylan would find another club easily enough, not sure about Marty at his current contract value.

Not saying I would try and move them on, but if the objective is cap space those two I see as more expendable than others. $1m between them plus Joel at $400k is enough to recruit to cover our deficiencies.

Sometimes I wonder how much thought has gone into our roster.

It doesn't seem that hard to me if you break it right down.

We are allowed 30 players. That's 2 in each position plus 4 interchange players.

So we need 4 props, 2 hookers, 4 second rowers, 2 locks, 2 halfbacks, 2 five eighths, 4 centres, 2 wingers and 2 fullbacks. Now there is cross over between positions for sure. But compartmentalising the positions this way should avoid having and unbalanced roster.

It may be harder in certain positions. Finding bona fide NRL standard 7's is hard. But the back up just needs to be sound. Not a superstar. I think Levi is the perfect back-up 9. Doesn't cost a fortune and is solid.

Our problem right now is that our first string players are more like back ups. And it's mostly in the back line. Our centres combined have scored 2 tries in 12 games. That's just beyond ridiculous. You can't be a premiership threat with such insipid outside backs.

I realise I've simplified things. But don't they always say KISS ? (Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Our 2011 team .These are the type of players that won our last Grand final .
How many of our current squad of players would qualify to match this team ???

I'd put AFB in for Joe. Marty, Jake and Tom wouldn't weaken the side. But we are well served by Snake, Gift and Brent.

I'd leave T-Rex in given the incarnation that was playing in 2011.

We have some promising young players in the squad who could potentially solve a lot of our weaknesses, just have not been given enough of a go.some players I think should be pushing for spots 2021

Back row - Quac, Shuster
Hooker - Faniu (pending)
Centre - Walker, Harper, Shuster
5/8 - Cust
Winger - Funa, Hoppa Jr

Bench - Sipley

We have some promising young players in the squad who could potentially solve a lot of our weaknesses, just have not been given enough of a go.some players I think should be pushing for spots 2021

Back row - Quac, Shuster
Hooker - Faniu (pending)
Centre - Walker, Harper, Shuster
5/8 - Cust
Winger - Funa, Hoppa Jr

Bench - Sipley
I want Schuster in the team but I don't see him as a centre. He is not fast enough imo. He is a 5/8 or second rower. Very skilful but more inclined to set up his outside player than make the break himself.
I may be wrong. But he has to be in the team somewhere.

There's simply no more excuses. Yes we cooped injuries but that doesn't excuse the complete lack of application or attitude last night. FFS the Titans and Cows pushed that Panfers team the whole 80 min the previous 2 weeks. We can't even push sht uphill with these rank park footballers masquerading as 1st graders. Give some of the young ones a go FOR FUKSAKE DES. At least if they get beaten they will have made a fuking effort.
Hahaha tell us what you really think Mick

I want Schuster in the team but I don't see him as a centre. He is not fast enough imo. He is a 5/8 or second rower. Very skilful but more inclined to set up his outside player than make the break himself.
Yes, I agree. Been training at centre but thought he would suit an edge back rower. Start off bench and work his way from there. His ball playing talent would wasted at centre. Could turn out to be a player like Freddy filter.

He should be in the side somewhere. As a lot of the other players I mentioned above

Too much loyalty shown to Jorge and Parker. Levi and Crocker are only there as default.

Our side potentially can look a lot more threatening. Even this young Harper, he looks promising

Last edited:
Our 2011 team .These are the type of players that won our last Grand final .
How many of our current squad of players would qualify to match this team ???

That's a well-balanced team. Considering how good T Rex was in the 2011 finals, where would Jake play? Prop? T Rex off bench? Surely not in front of Stewart and Watmough...

MANLY SEA EAGLES

TOP 30 SQUAD:
Morgan Boyle, Daly Cherry-Evans, Lachlan Croker, Cade Cust, Brendan Elliott, Manase Fainu*, Addin Fonua-Blake, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski, Albert Hopoate, Sean Keppie, Danny Levi, Luke Metcalf, Brayden Musgrove, Haumolo Olakau'uta, Brad Parker, Taniela Paseka, Josh Schuster, Toafofa Sipley, Curtis Sironen, Sam Smith, Moses Suli, Jorge Taufua, Martin Taupau, Joel Thompson, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Corey Waddell, Dylan Walker, Tony Williams.

*Fainu is currently suspended under the NRL's no-fault stand-down policy.

SPOTS AVAILABLE: None.

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD: Jade Anderson, Abbas Miski, Zac Saddler, Keith Titmuss, Ben Trbojevic.

honestly of our squad of 30 we have 19 that I would like to keep, one that is gone and another out for the season and maybe in prison next year, at least two that you never hear anything about, one going next year, one dinosaur that is likely extinct, and a second grade hooker!!
Hey bro .... you’ve got 31 in that list .... just sayin!

I actually don’t think our roster is all that bad. Not Roosters standard but potentially OK. Go through them name by name and imagine what would happen if they went to the Storm. With the exceptions of George and Froggy I recon Belly Ache could turn them into good players. The Storm, of course, have resources including multiple feeder teams and endless cash that we can only dream of.

I love Des. Loved him as a player and a coach and was overjoyed to see him come home but his game plan is killing us. We play a dull forward game. The ball is consistently turned in to forwards rather than being spread wide to the backs. Rather than creative halves we have running halves. We have no plays to bring our second rowers, centres and wingers into the game.

I actually don’t think our roster is all that bad. Not Roosters standard but potentially OK. Go through them name by name and imagine what would happen if they went to the Storm. With the exceptions of George and Froggy I recon Belly Ache could turn them into good players. The Storm, of course, have resources including multiple feeder teams and endless cash that we can only dream of.

I love Des. Loved him as a player and a coach and was overjoyed to see him come home but his game plan is killing us. We play a dull forward game. The ball is consistently turned in to forwards rather than being spread wide to the backs. Rather than creative halves we have running halves. We have no plays to bring our second rowers, centres and wingers into the game.

The difference, in my opinion, is that the Storm's stars never seem to miss many games, or if they do are always 1-2 week injuries. Our superstars miss too many games. If Walker and Tom were there for a fair chunk of the season we would be top 4, or very close to it. With Tom at the back, and with Dylan to a lesser extent, I think the average players feel less pressure to perform and they can just focus on their roles.

Last edited:
Parker a bsckrower again ?? A centre who gets smashed every week and whose health is a serious issue to go to the back row.! Can we just forget this fairytale. He gets targeted now by outside backs. Can you imagine him running into Radley JWH etc every week.

If the club are serious they should give the lad an extended break. Four concussions in a three months.if that is not ringing alarm bells under the NRL protocols what the hell does ring them.
I think their just jeeing you up @susan ...ie Glass jaw to the back row. I reckon V’landys would knock that idea on the head (pun intended).
Parker is a definite candidate for CTE one would assume.
I think he should do an Elgey, call it a day, and go surfing.

You don’t need to be fast in the modern game to play centre. Running hard and straight, then hold your own in the collision to feed runners outside or back through the middle. Strong D a must
At his age and given the pace of NRL, playing closer to the middle would be a mistake. He will get his flair bashed out of him in no time.
Think Bradman Best. He gets some space out wide and time to recharge his batteries.
Seriously, he will get monstered in the back row, which will blunt his skills in attack.

I agree roster is OK, it’s how it’s used and implemented.

Bellamy continues to bring through and unearth young players consistently.

With the talent coming through we will loose some due to the amount of it, we could loose more through Des and his loyalty to a under performing players.

How Guacamole has not been on the bench all this season is a reflection of where Des is in weening players into the team. Guacamole has more upside then Waddell and JetSki however Des has these guys in front of him.

With the talent coming through we will loose some due to the amount of it, we could loose more through Des and his loyalty to a under performing players.

How Guacamole has not been on the bench all this season is a reflection of where Des is in weening players into the team. Guacamole has more upside then Waddell and JetSki however Des has these guys in front of him.
Agree. I hadn’t looked at it from that angle.

Nico Hynes killing it off the bench for the Storm. Another one of our ex U20s playing well elsewhere. Recruitment has been a joke for years.

I was super excited to see Haumole develop this year, coming off his couple of games last year. The only thing I can think of, and the same with Sipley, is perhaps they aren’t training, day in day out, to the expected standard. Des is big on attitude.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4