Clean out time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Problem is Mateo is gone and the good props are gone.

We have ZERO cover, not a single back up prop and that doesn't worry you?

We have 1 player not in the top 17 who has first grade experience right now, just 1.

lol everyone complaining about the clean out we are in a battle for the wooden spoon with this roster so I'm sure we will survive next year with out them.

I'm not leaving Manly: Mateo

With the buzzards circling around the Sea Eagles, Feleti Mateo says it's up to him and his Manly teammates to drive away the smell of rot.

In yet another week of high drama for Manly, 14 members of the NRL playing squad have reportedly been told they are unwanted by the club next year.

With the proud club heading towards a bottom-eight finish for the first time in 10 years, more than half the playing group including senior players such as Mateo, Matt Ballin, Luke Burgess, Willie Mason and Justin Horo are expected to be shown the door.

Experienced forward Mateo said he planned to be at Manly next year and would not discuss whether he had been told to look elsewhere for season 2016.

"I have one more year left on my contract and I want to honour that," he said.

Manly are under mounting pressure in 13th spot, with coach Geoff Toovey believed to be on the chopping block and Penrith assistant Trent Barrett being sized up for his position.

He says the only answer to his critics is to prove in the final seven weeks of the season that he is giving the club value for money.

Mateo on Saturday will come up against his former club the Warriors, who he parted ways with last season with two years left on his contract.

Failing to live up to high expectations in Auckland, the 30-year-old is reportedly on big money at Brookvale as well.

He has made 195 first-grade appearances for Parramatta, the Warriors and Sea Eagles and has been linked with a move to Super League side Catalans.

Mateo said his form during his 12 appearances this year had been hindered by injuries and it was up to him to find good touch and secure his future.

"I thought I started off pretty good. I've been plagued by injuries this year - it's been really tough," he said.

"The whole club's been hit with injuries so it's been hard for myself to create combos with people and we're slowly getting people back on the park and it's about getting results."

Stewart. Trobojovic. Gutherson. Matia.
My top 25 players for next season:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Api Koroisou
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Blake Leary

18. Peta Hiku (Backline back-up)
19. Jesse Sene-Lefeo (Backrow back-up
20. Addison Demetriou (Centres / Backrow back-up)
21. Riley Travers (Halves back-up)
22. Jesse Ramien (Backline back-up)
23. Will Pearsall (Halves back-up)
24. PROP one
25. PROP two

That's without us signing anyone, and all players on the "list" apart from Feleti going.
That's a top 4 side right there brother eagle.

With the buzzards circling around the Sea Eagles, Feleti Mateo says it's up to him and his Manly teammates to drive away the smell of rot.

In yet another week of high drama for Manly, 14 members of the NRL playing squad have reportedly been told they are unwanted by the club next year.

With the proud club heading towards a bottom-eight finish for the first time in 10 years, more than half the playing group including senior players such as Mateo, Matt Ballin, Luke Burgess, Willie Mason and Justin Horo are expected to be shown the door.

Experienced forward Mateo said he planned to be at Manly next year and would not discuss whether he had been told to look elsewhere for season 2016.

Manly are under mounting pressure in 13th spot, with coach Geoff Toovey believed to be on the chopping block and Penrith assistant Trent Barrett being sized up for his position.

He says the only answer to his critics is to prove in the final seven weeks of the season that he is giving the club value for money.

Mateo on Saturday will come up against his former club the Warriors, who he parted ways with last season with two years left on his contract.

Failing to live up to high expectations in Auckland, the 30-year-old is reportedly on big money at Brookvale as well.

He has made 195 first-grade appearances for Parramatta, the Warriors and Sea Eagles and has been linked with a move to Super League side Catalans.

Mateo said his form during his 12 appearances this year had been hindered by injuries and it was up to him to find good touch and secure his future.

"I thought I started off pretty good. I've been plagued by injuries this year - it's been really tough," he said.

"The whole club's been hit with injuries so it's been hard for myself to create combos with people and we're slowly getting people back on the park and it's about getting results."

Not leaving means no one else will be foolish to sign the fat no hoper. Toovey and his cohorts signed him to a two year deal what a joke.
Des left us with back ended contracts and Toovey has left us with a dud forward pack mateo with another year and ballin with two more years. Great job tooves

Not leaving means no one else will be foolish to sign the fat no hoper. Toovey and his cohorts signed him to a two year deal what a joke.
Des left us with back ended contracts and Toovey has left us with a dud forward pack mateo with another year and ballin with two more years. Great job tooves

I got the impression Tooves has little to do with the signings by his comments on NRL 360? Also seems a little strange.

Good on him - perfect reply.....

Gees this story has ****ing media beat up written all over it.

I'm still yet to see the 14 players who have been tapped on the shoulder. So far we've seen 6 named.

Ballin
Burgess
Lui
Mason
Mateo
Horo

Of these, only 3 are actually contracted next year?

Who are the other 8? Safe to assume they are "lesser" names than the above.

Why any self respecting Manly fan would care if the above are cut loose (Ballin aside) is beyond me.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Api Koroisou
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Blake Leary

24. PROP one
25. PROP two

That's without us signing anyone, and all players on the "list" apart from Feleti going.

It's a strong 18 or 19 but we are definitely lacking a bit of depth. Clearly more players are coming.

I really want to know the 14 on the list. Are they including Foran? Surely not.

These magical 14 players on the list cannot possibly be from our top 25 contracted players, because I can see 14 current squad members in your list that aren't leaving.

Stewart. Trobojovic. Gutherson. Matia.

That's a top 4 side right there brother eagle.

What happens when we get only 5 or 6 injured players (like right now)?

Re-do your yart with the average injury toll and we are looking at some cookware

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Clinton Gutherson
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Api Koroisou
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Blake Leary

24. PROP one
25. PROP two

need a new 5/8 now as Lyon is also on the clean out and won't be Mateo as he is on the target list.

Lyon is "safe", he got the backing today. However i wouldn't have Taufua in my 13, looks like he's gonna fall asleep most games

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7