clairvoyant picks the eagles in 2007

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PJ

Bencher
I had to see a clairvoyant going through the town I work in (Maria- she works out of one of the woman’s mags), so she could do a reading on what lies ahead for the town as far as the drought etc. goes and I write a story for the paper on it.
While I think this is a load of crap (taken straight from what is probably going to happen anyway) there was a bit that was good to hear…

The funny bits were
-she said Derryn Hinch would die this year (durrr)
-she said she could see a herd of sheep going down the main street of the town- not sure why (WTF)

The bad bits were
-she predicted a famous motor racing identity would die late last year (Brock- I checked it out she did….but having said that it’s a fair chance that a prominent racing identity will die…it’s a dangerous sport)
-A bridge will collapse somewhere in NSW and a lot will die….
-There would be a Terrorist attack on a boat in Australia with 3,000 people on board

She went on with a lot more stuff about the local scene etc. but I don’t want to bore you- once I got past all that stuff I got to what I really wanted to ask…how would my football team go this year….and she told me…..
“You support a team with a bird in it don’t you…. an Eagle.”
Now I don’t know how she did that- I didn’t tell her anything (but I still think it’s a load of crap). I was a little more interested though.
She said the Eagles would surprise everyone this year and go a lot further, a lot quicker than people expected. She said it was a while since the Eagles last title (she said bout ten years -close enough) and the numbers indicate this was their year.

Anyway I don’t really believe in that sort of ****e- but some of you guys might so I thought I would chuck it up.

go manly

That is pretty spooky though

Well it's as good as done then.

I am still waiting for the odds to blow out a bit before i get my money on them (i do it every year anyway)... all they've done is come in :lol:

The bad bits were
-There would be a Terrorist attack on a boat in Australia with 3,000 people on board

Thats a big call. I think there are only 2 ships in the world that carry 3000 people or more and one has already been here, and the others not coming.

Doug it could be linked to the bridge in NSW falling

Boat blows up under harbour bridge in rush hour and you would knock out a good few thousand right there

Doug it could be linked to the bridge in NSW falling

Boat blows up under harbour bridge in rush hour and you would knock out a good few thousand right there

Possible. Pete, tell her I want clarification on that one.

me too.

I walk across the bridge every afternoon Mon through Friday and I think about this everytime, that this would be an easy thing for those foreign shiping containers to do, not a happy thought at all especially the way that bridge shakes sometimes!

it would have to be a hell of a big bang for a boat blowing up to bring the bridge down

Do you think?

An expansion bridge like that has a tensile point in the middle (Fluffy or another engineer would be able to confirm) A large explosion underneath could put some fair damage in the road surface and the supports and significantly weakening the bridge. Add the rush Hour weight load onto it and you have a recipe for a collapse in the middle. Once the middle goes the rest of a bridge like that would fall in on itself I would imagine

unless its detonated on the bridge ,a detonation on a ship under the center ,wouldnt do a thing to that iron.unless u are talking a big fusion blast.. lets hope not..

Yeah I have to get some clarification...I thought the same about the boat one but my knowledge on it wasn't good enough to be able to stump her on the spot.
Alot of what she said was based on what will happen with celebrities and things like that (stuff you could guess).
She claimes she has been warning of a looming terrorist attck in Australia for a while but now the time has come and within the next 12-18 mnths it will happen. I asked where and when but she said her powers aren't that strong....mmmm

The design of the harbour bridge would make it near on impossible to blow up from a boat underneath. The structural strength is in the arch - the rest virtually hangs off it. The blast would have a lot of free air to dissipate hence the energy transfered to the structre would be significantly less than the total of the blast. The mass of the rush hour traffic would not be significant either as the bridge is designed as a dual layer bridge. It could hold twice the capacity of vehicles as well as an entire new road surface etc.

A bridges strenth is in compression - tensile supports are only really there to keep the others in compression

There are only 2 bolts in the bridge - its all rivets. It is hinged at either end to allow for thermal expansion. The pilons do SFA but look good.

To bring the thing down you would need cutting charges in specific points or an extreme amount of heat to weaken (melt basically) the steel strucure. There is just to much free space for the explosive gases to dissapate in my eyes.

That said i am a mechanical engineer with basic structural knowledge, strucutural engineers would know more.

Dan - don worry about the vibration, steel has a rather large elastic zone where is can bend like rubber without deformation or loss of strength. On a bridge of that length it would be metres of movement before it was a problem.

My main concern is an attack in the tunnel - driving through it gives me the creeps (which isn't that often living in Canberra)!

Maybe the woman was talking about a car towing a boat through the tunnel that blows up :doh:

My main concern is an attack in the tunnel - driving through it gives me the creeps (which isn't that often living in Canberra)!

Maybe the woman was talking about a car towing a boat through the tunnel that blows up :doh:

Ha- my mum flips a lid everytime she drives under it- it freaks her out. It probably doesn't help when my nephew asks if you can see the fishies swimming past. She stopped the car once and I had to run around and drive.

Im a firm believer that some people can do this sort of thing.

i know a lady who went to clairvoyant. One who apparently contacts the dead. But, she didn't go by her real name because she was a little skeptic herself.

When she was their the lady said their was a man wanting to talking to her but he was calling her 'Jo'.

She apparently broke down in tears because not only did she tell the lady her name was clair, but her real name is 'Jesmina'.

Even more freaky is that the only person who ever used to call her 'Jo' was her deceased grandfather.

yeah it's all happening on Neighbours at the moment- Skyes chatting with a dead Stingray and old Madgie baby has popped in for a chat with Harold.

gaaaawdd I remember having a rather long debate and informing som deluded individuals about the tunnel and that a tunnel isnt a few sections of pip put together and sunk onto the floor of the harbour, I also had to inform them that the harbour, where the tunnel is, is not actually that deep and that most of the big ships are only 1 metre off the bottom at times!

The tunnel is the same as any tunnel you have ever gone under and is bored into the Syndey Bedrock and shail. Same as the Lane cove tunnel, cross ****ty tunnel and so many others!

Cut in stone ppl not just plonked to drift on the sea floor!

Ahhhh wrong. The Sydney Harbour tunnel is actually precast concrete sections that were fabricated in Port Kembla and towed up to Sydney and sunk into a trench dredged in the harbour floor. They were covered back over and had rock armour placed on them. The approaches at each end are bored through the rock obviously, but the main piece (about 1km in length) is actually a submerged tube. I'm sure you can google something to confirm, but trust me, I had a little bit to do with the project when it was constructed.

I can't comment on your allegation of harbour depth, but 1m clearance seems bs to me.

Actually I was interested to find out more about the harbour depth and found this

"The port has two separate channels: the Western Channel, 210 metres wide with a minimum depth of 13.7 metres, and the Eastern Channel, 180 metres wide with a minimum depth of 10.5 metres. An under-keel clearance of 10 per cent of draught is required."

And I also found out that container ships have a draught of up to 15m (most around 12-13). The Queen Mary 2 for instance has a draft of 10m.

So it looks like you might be right about a 1m clearance at times. That really surprises me, you learn something new each day.

yeah but essentially whilst they were pre-fab, after installation they function almost exactly as a tunnel right?

So my point being in peoples minds they see it as a tube sitting exposed on the see floor, when in reality they are much more like an actual tunnel, just put together differently

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4