Churchill medallist

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Killer03 said:
SBW had a shocking first half, but it was his injection in the last 20mins that won the Roosters the game....does that deserve a Clive Churchill Medal? Tough one.

'Injection' lol...no, the HGH injections were in the preseason mate!

if this upsets the roosters fans,good,and maybe the lovefest with money bill is over,and maybe they already know he is going back to union,and thought stuff it,give him nothing else to take with him

I was really shocked that he got the medal. I thought SBW would have got it for sure.

I did enjoy seeing him get it though, it was a slap in the face to the chooks really.

It is very rare a player from the losing team wins the medal. I think Brad Mackay and Brad Clyde are the only two other examples. Still, I thought it was really poor form for the Roosters fans to boo Daly. They might have plenty of money, but very little class after that.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

While I thought DCE was a standout in our side, I probably would have looked to the best Rooter on the ground for the Clive Churchill medal.

Probably Maloney.

The booing though was extremely poor form. You'd hope they were booing the decision and not DCE personally.

I just re-watched the game and DCE had a great game, so despite being very surprised at the time, in hindsight it was a fair call. Particularly when the key momentum swings for the Chooks didn't really come from their players...

I would just like to say, as a Roosters fan, that I was embarrassed by our supporters booing DCE on that stage.

For mine he was clearly the best player on the ground. I thought DCE handled the situation with great class, which the majority of our fans did not.

DCE and Foran have made it almost impossible for me to hate Manly as I used to. They are fantastic young players and role models for the game and your club. Manly will be competing for titles for the next decade if you can hold onto them both.

What made this premiership so special was having to beat such a bloody tough team to do it. After the Brookie game this year I said the only team I didn't want a bar of in the finals was Manly.

To win the title after beating you twice in the semis puts this title on a pedestal for mine.

Congrats on a great season. Let's do it again next October - a) because it's piss funny that the entire rugby league community hates our clubs because of jealousy and b) it will mean more Souffffffs failure.

DCE has already said he'd swap the medal for a premiership.

So the ball is now in the roosters court!

DR82 said:
I would just like to say, as a Roosters fan, that I was embarrassed by our supporters booing DCE on that stage.

For mine he was clearly the best player on the ground. I thought DCE handled the situation with great class, which the majority of our fans did not.

DCE and Foran have made it almost impossible for me to hate Manly as I used to. They are fantastic young players and role models for the game and your club. Manly will be competing for titles for the next decade if you can hold onto them both.

What made this premiership so special was having to beat such a bloody tough team to do it. After the Brookie game this year I said the only team I didn't want a bar of in the finals was Manly.

To win the title after beating you twice in the semis puts this title on a pedestal for mine.

Congrats on a great season. Let's do it again next October - a) because it's piss funny that the entire rugby league community hates our clubs because of jealousy and b) it will mean more Souffffffs failure.
good read and good post

DR82 said:

Great post mate, cheers.

I was sitting at the Roosters end (it was horrible) and when it was announced by Sutcliffe, the vitriol I heard from your lot was disgusting.

Happy to hear that not all Roosters supporters are that undignified :p

Congrats on your win and on beating us 4/4 in 2013!

simon_eagle said:
DR82 said:

Great post mate, cheers.

I was sitting at the Roosters end (it was horrible) and when it was announced by Sutcliffe, the vitriol I heard from your lot was disgusting.

I agree. I was up your end( roosters) and what some of the roosters were saying around me- awful.

Evey time I watch the presentation DCE I feel for him so much- he did not deserve that at all.

I had a young mother and her 7 year old son sitting around me- manly fans. Some of the stuff that was said - unbelievable. Took evey ounce
in my body not to respond. Won't go into what was said in the last five minutes or so.

On my way out I went quickly and got a manly kids jersey from the merchandise stand and gave it to boy. I told him chin up and to keep the faith. I wanted him to have something to remember the day by and not the filth that we had to endure- he and his mother have had it pretty tough of late- it was the least I could do. He was so excited and the mother was speechless and in Tears.

To the previous posters DR82 and DNA it is supporters like you that I hope you enjoyed the victory on Sunday. You show class coming on here and being well spoken.

To all the other weak ******( refrain from using words I want to say here) chook supporters I hope one day you get a taste of your own medicine. You are now added onto my list of teams whom I will support whoever is playing against you.To think I supported you in 2010 Grand final as a nuteral fan.

Sunday night made me even more prouder to be a manly supporter.

Well done DCE. I will take you and Kerian over mp and JM anyday. I hope you get the opportunity next year to give it to the roosters when we play them next year.

Not commenting on the specifics of what you heard said dav123, but I can understand the booing; If we had come from 10 pts down to clinch the game I'd be wondering why one of my team wasn't the MOM.

Anyone that refers to the CCMedal being for "best on ground" exposes themselves to be an AFL loving twat. The CCM award is for the MAN of the match. Congratulations DCE. Well earned and deserved.

Judging by the media, this was the biggest controversy to come out of the game.

Besides that one forgotten article on news.com... is anyone mentioning the refereeing or is it firmly under the carpet?

simon_eagle said:
DR82 said:

Great post mate, cheers.

Cheers mate. I was sitting on the 40m line but the Manly fans outnumbered us about 5-1 in that area (I thought the crowd was pretty 50-50 all up; the best thing was only seeing about 3 Souffffffs jumpers all day). All good people, good banter and no dramas.

I don't think any Roosters were booing DCE, just the fact one of our players didn't get it. Still doesn't make it right and if they watch the game back they will see how well DCE played.

In that moment I was so happy I'd seen my team win a GF in the flesh, they could have given the medal to Tony Abbott and I wouldn't have cared less!

See you in October next year...

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/act-sport/stats-guru-gets-ashes-call-up-20131019-2vtyt.html

Furner backs DCE

He was booed for winning the Clive Churchill Medal on a losing team, but Manly’s Daly Cherry-Evans got a vote of confidence from national assistant coach David Furner when the Australian Kangaroos assembled. Furner, who won the Clive Churchill in Canberra’s last premiership in 1994, was quick to extend a handshake to Cherry-Evans. “I said to him I thought he deserved [the medal] ... it’s his and no one can take it away from him,” Furner said. “I think it’s distasteful [the boos]. The kid’s gone out, earned the respect of playing in that grand final and done everything possible, it was just a couple of touches of brilliance by the Roosters that got them the win. I thought Cherry-Evans was pretty dominant for Manly.”

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4