christian life centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you make up your own definitions well you shape the argument....

lets use the dictionary

# A reproduction of the form of a person or object, especially a sculptured likeness.
# Physics. An optically formed duplicate, counterpart, or other representative reproduction of an object, especially an optical reproduction formed by a lens or mirror.
# One that closely or exactly resembles another; a double: He is the image of his uncle.
#

1. The opinion or concept of something that is held by the public.
2. The character projected to the public, as by a person or institution, especially as interpreted by the mass media.

# A personification of something specified: That child is the image of good health.

just to step ahead f the obvious "likeness response"

" Likeness:
1. The state, quality, or fact of being like; resemblance.
2. An imitative appearance; a semblance.
3. A pictorial, graphic, or sculptured representation of something; an image.
"

Who is bigger? God or "the public"?

Who is the author?

Therefore, who sets the definitions and whose job is it to understand?

I have 2 statues 1 is solid gold the other is a hollow plaster copy sprayed with gold paint - are they of equal value even though they look the same ?

no but they look the same none the less, if not it is a cheap imitation.

You are both changing the text to try and suit your agenda.
Take it as cold hard fact boys!

No, we are going behind the text to understand context.

However, seeing as you want to take text literally, what do you think it means when it says Jesus Christ "took human form".

Either you have a contradiction, or you have your answer?

But over time would not the plaster copy be prone to chips and flaking paint and cracks etc so that something that at first apperaed the same was now quite different.

Do you think anyone I am with would fall that easily fro preaching???

I told her next time she is preached to, to ask the person who is preaching \"given the known scientific fact on human origins, and that man was created in \"gods image\" and the fact we now have a great global understanding of race and several different skin colours, What colour is God?\"

It has confused the one or 2 I have asked

After some more thought I have come up with a better answer, The same colour as Adam. God made only 1 man in his image (likeness) the rest he left to chance if identical twins marry totally different people will their children look the same ?

UP that does not explain colour!

And whilst it might crack over time, would an omnipiscent and powerful god create something so flawless if it was to be his masterpiece and in his likeness?

And matas. yet another convenient excuse. For a man who so often disagrees with religions/church you love using their same tactic!

hypocracy methinks!

then how are we created in his image?

Why would this statement be required?

Both yourself and Matas have tripped over your own explanations in this one

That was my point with the statues. You can create something that looks the same as something else but the original can be of far greater quality then the copy.

I should have left off with my translucent remark and not been drawn into this debate as you are probably on a fishing expedition (but hey it's dead quite at work)

I think you are putting too much stock on what is written in the bible. Imo considering that what is now the bible has undoubtably been altered and twisted through translations and bias you can only use it as a very rough guide

lol I love this

"putting too much stock in what is written in the bible"

what would the religion you follow be without the bible?

You see the hypocracy which is so rife?
eeegaad we all like to argue we are different or better but when you scrape it all away you are what you eat my friend!

My point being how can you pull out a line like "created in his image" and say that everyone on earth should be the same colour when none of us know if that was the original meaning intended. Once man got involved the bible (or word of god) had no chance or remaining uncorrupted.

I would also point out that I am what I call a C & E parisioner meaning I go to church at Christmas & Easter (mostly to please the oldies) But do not consider lack of church attendence to be a barrier to a belief in a higher power

So did you find a childcare centre for the little guy, that was what this thread was for wasnt it???

UP, haven't you realised yet that Dan thinks he IS God?

Fro, the random jumble of quarks and atoms that is Drae has not yet been enrolled in a child care centre.

Once man got involved the bible (or word of god) had no chance or remaining uncorrupted.
What do you mean ONCE man got involved. Didnt MAN write the Bible thus being involved from the outset?

I mean that as it was not originally in written form and passed by word of mouth until such time it was written down then it could not be exact (Chinese whisper theory) It was then subject to translation from Hebrew to English etc where I would think other spins would have been put on it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2