[Resurrected] Chris Sandow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He had a death in the family mate when he played the warriors, give him a break.
He played well last night and he played well against us!
The warriors wreck him everytime, regardless of personal tragedy. As HM stated he had the option to pull out.)

Former South Sydney and Parramatta star Chris Sandow wants to make a shock comeback to the NRL – for a miserly contract worth just $150,000 a season.
“A chance, that’s all I want. No club would regret it,” said Sandow, 32.

Sandow is living in Moranbah, 190km southwest of Mackay, but would “pack up tomorrow” for another chance in the NRL.

“I’ve still got something to offer and I’ve still got something to prove to myself. I just want that opportunity. A chance, that’s all I want. No club would regret it, no chance,” Sandow said.

“There are things you just don’t lose – skill and knowledge. I could offer those to a lot of young guys who are a bit lost.

“I want to play unstructured footy because it’s too structured now. Once I do a full pre-season then it’s game over, I can let my footy do the talking.

1621293246574.png

The photo that went with that article - wow, he is massive, he is kidding himself if he thinks he is fit enough to play today’s game

I feel for blokes like this. They have a light bulb moment in their early thirties that they have wasted their talent, taken things for granted, and can't earn any real money back in normal life

FWIW I actually think there are some clubs that could use a player like him on their roster helping to develop young talent and teach them the game. Just plucking it out of the air - The Titans or Cowboys could use a player of his experience.... get him fit, assign him a bunch of 18 year olds to train and mentor, and almost use him as a reserve grade player + coach

$150k is bugger all money these days.

Can't comment on whether he is a good or bad bloke (but judging by his former clubs, he must be a D#ickhead!!!!)

Remember - we signed Andrew Walker at one stage late in his career.

On second thoughts - that didn't go too well.

Andrew Walker played great for us in that rebuilding phase. It just ended badly, but there was no problem with his playing performance.

If Sandow was fit he would improve the broncos. But that wouldn't be hard.

Andrew Walker played great for us in that rebuilding phase. It just ended badly, but there was no problem with his playing performance.

If Sandow was fit he would improve the broncos. But that wouldn't be hard.
Walker , Sandow and Roberts .
Extremely talented players .
Discipline got in their way from reaching their pinnacle of Dominance

Jimmy the Jet at his best

Last edited:
I feel for blokes like this. They have a light bulb moment in their early thirties that they have wasted their talent, taken things for granted, and can't earn any real money back in normal life

FWIW I actually think there are some clubs that could use a player like him on their roster helping to develop young talent and teach them the game. Just plucking it out of the air - The Titans or Cowboys could use a player of his experience.... get him fit, assign him a bunch of 18 year olds to train and mentor, and almost use him as a reserve grade player + coach

$150k is bugger all money these days.

Can't comment on whether he is a good or bad bloke (but judging by his former clubs, he must be a D#ickhead!!!!)

Remember - we signed Andrew Walker at one stage late in his career.

On second thoughts - that didn't go too well.
“Get him fit”that’s what every coach he’s ever had in the NRL tried to do.Played a dozen games for Norths in the QCup with very little interest or effort,didn’t bother turning up to training a few times so they sacked him.I wouldn’t feel sorry for him,he was overpaid for most of his career and wasted so much of it on the pokies.Far more deserving people should get another chance before him

Didn't he go to Parra on some insane big dollar contract at the time but returned most of the money back into the pokies.
I think he got confused that players got paid in brown paper bags on what ever a certain machine collected but he filled the machines instead.

He looks like he could be a front rower these days if he could loose 20kg.
He is living in fantasy of everyday waking up a better footballer he once was and still is.

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4