Chris Ryan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Thought some of the brigade here would be able to answer my question

Was watching a 1993 Year in Review tape i bought last night, and this bloke was in a lot of the manly highlights scoring some tries and looked a handay player. he also made the Rising Star side they picked

I dont recall the bloke at all, so was wondering what happened to him ?

He left for the Reds then I'm not sure, I think he may have ended up in England, he's another one that came through with Beaver and co like Olejnik and Elsegood.

Kiwi - he was a young star and should have gone a long way in footy. He moved to the western reds (Perth side) and dropped off the radar after they were shunted from the Comp after super league. he moved and played in the UK for 2 seasons with the London Broncos in 1998/99 I have a feeling he now lives in Perth.

Rumour was that his footy sufferred due to his association with the reds (and the sides preference for the good life if you know what i mean).

Cheers fellas, sheds a bit of light on him

Showed a few highlights of Elsegood, had forgotten how much pace he had !!!

We also had a fella in the team of the year, a prop named David Alexander, dont really remember him either

Yeah he came over from Penrith, he had a few wraps on him, he might even had played in their first premiership side. Never really set the world on fire with us though

yeah- surfie looking bloke- not too bad but had some good players around him.
I remember he scored a try to bring us within two points of Parra in the early 90s but Cliff Lyons missed the kick (which was a drop kick) and I had to cop crap from the Parra scum who to the game went with me.

Yep - I knew a relo of his who pretty much confirmed what Wheel said. Was a bit overwhelmed at the buckets of cash that Perth threw at him and didn't spend wisely.

Him & Jon Grieve both went over to the Reds.
They were both WA boys originally.

Since them & Polla-Mounter from Victoria, can anybody think of any other inter-state players in the NRL ?

Since them & Polla-Mounter from Victoria, can anybody think of any other inter-state players in the NRL ?

Matt Petersen is from WA.

I remember Chris Ryan who was a talented young back in the early 90s. Had heaps of potential but when Manly signed Tezza and had Danny Moore and some other talented young players such as Jamie Oljenik the field was ripe to sign with an up and coming club such as the Western Reds. He had a few good games for them too prior to SuperLeague but I have no idea what happened after that.

Alexander was a very solid Prop who played some first grade but again we had Spud, Cement and later Neil Tierney so his opportunities were limited.

[quote author=Duff]

Matt Petersen is from WA.
[/quote]

So is Daniel Holdsworth.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4