Chooks claim that they are $100,000 under the cap.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brookie Brawler said:
A lot of talk about players on 15K or 40K.

I thought the minimum for the 25 man squad was 80K.

Can anyone clarify this?

"Minimum wages in 2013 of $77,500 – up from $55,000 in 2012 ($75,000 in 2013)."

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

They spoke to "a high ranking Roosters official"
"Roosters officials chose to speak out on the condition of anonymity."
Guess that clinches it, the info in this story must really be true.

Ranger said:
Brookie Brawler said:
A lot of talk about players on 15K or 40K.

I thought the minimum for the 25 man squad was 80K.

Can anyone clarify this?

"Minimum wages in 2013 of $77,500 – up from $55,000 in 2012 ($75,000 in 2013)."

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

The article says "Winger Daniel Tupou signed with the Roosters for just $40,000 ... Forward Isaac Liu was playing last year for just $15,000"

So these guys were not in the top 25 then I guess, and hence are irrelevant to any salary cap discussion.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
They spoke to "a high ranking Roosters official"
"Roosters officials chose to speak out on the condition of anonymity."
Guess that clinches it, the info in this story must really be true.

It was Ian Schubert.

Did someone forget to tell the Roosters that the Prize money for the Minor Premiership is 100K cash, not 100k increase in the Salary Cap :)

Soon as I saw this, it just confirmed what we all already knew - that the Roosters 2013 & this season are clearly cheats and way over the salaray cap.

In a few years, they'll be stripped of the 2013 premiership that was rightfully Manly's.

I'm predicting Manly 22 v Rorters 14,
in this year's GF.

push it up Manly.
cheers

mickqld said:
They're cheats. Plain and simple, liars and cheats. No different to the drizzle. Same book cooker different colours.

@mickqld and the Donkeys as well mate ie the "missing $300K cash"

Really what it shows is the National Rabbitohs League has no firetrucking idea of what's going on, zero, nada.

And remember they would not have known about the Drizzle without a whistle blower.

Having a past knucklehead forward such as Ian Schubert in charge is just BS, if they were at all serious (and we know they are not in the least that) they would hire forensic accountants from some of the big firms, Ernst & Young would be a start, and have them go through each club / each player EVERY YEAR.

That might sort out the men from the boys!!

Bandit said:
Soon as I saw this, it just confirmed what we all already knew - that the Roosters 2013 & this season are clearly cheats and way over the salaray cap.

In a few years, they'll be stripped of the 2013 premiership that was rightfully Manly's.

I'm predicting Manly 22 v Rorters 14,
in this year's GF.

push it up Manly.
cheers

We usually beat salary caps 40 nil after they cheat us out of a premiership the year before.

Mark from Brisbane said:
mickqld said:
They're cheats. Plain and simple, liars and cheats. No different to the drizzle. Same book cooker different colours.

@mickqld and the Donkeys as well mate ie the "missing $300K cash"

Really what it shows is the National Rabbitohs League has no firetrucking idea of what's going on, zero, nada.

And remember they would not have known about the Drizzle without a whistle blower.

Having a past knucklehead forward such as Ian Schubert in charge is just BS, if they were at all serious (and we know they are not in the least that) they would hire forensic accountants from some of the big firms, Ernst & Young would be a start, and have them go through each club / each player EVERY YEAR.

That night sort out the men from the boys!!

They would rather put all their energy into rubbing out players for putting on $5 multi bets.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I notice our mate Roger isn't coming back at us denying anything.......probably knows just like the rest of us that it's " creative accounting".

Oh well they'll lose SBWurst at the end of the year saving them a million so they'll be right after that !!

hey Mark, since you named names, I am here...
Maybe 'read back' and see that i responded earlier to this, anyway how would I know what happens. It seems odd that those that have no idea about this subject of contracts, 3rd parties etc, are the ones that go on about it. maybe fans should just stick to discussing bad refereeing decisions, taking dives, scoring tries and other footy matters cause that's all we know about. If this was such an issue, then I don't see anyone coming out in a press conference calling for an investigation to happen. No one had an issue when the Roosters were struggling mid-season but as soon as we start winning well, then beetroot comes out with an article like this probably written while a topless barmaid was on his lap. I am disappointed though with the Roosters coming out and saying anything. This gives the weak minded fodder to feed their envy.

Anyway who cares about this, our aim is to get B2B and another bit of the puzzle was completed last week.

Yes - of course its not important if they are/are not under the cap & are possibly a far better team for affording players they should not have.....
Maybe at the next Olympic games they can give someone a 20 metre start so they can win the event, all is fair just worry about who won???

mickqld said:

I love that name. From now on I'll be referring to the Rorters as
THE BOOK COOKERS.

HappilyManly said:
I always assumed that a base of $75k was the minimum till just recently, for any registered NRL level Player.
Makes a farce of the Cap if a first grader is valued at $15k :dodgy:

Agree that the managers of Toupuo and Cordner are not working in their Client's best interest by getting them upgrades.

Would be interesting to compare how the NRL allowed them to value SBWurst, in contrast to Folau :cool:

The base is about 75K and match payments will almost double the player payment over a season. Maybe they've dodged 'greedy manager' syndrome and managed to keep their break-out players on their minimal initial contracts. The loss of SBW may help see them top them up, but will be interest see who's around in 2 years.

MadMarcus said:
Roger_Ramjet said:
maybe fans should just stick to discussing bad refereeing decisions

You're right. Let's get back to talking about how about how Shayne Hayne screwed us in the GF and gifted the match to those salary cap rorting Roosters...

Now you're talkin!

Worth a read:

Discord: Why NRL players' salaries should be public knowledge

September 10, 2014 - 7:24PM
Steve Mascord
SMH

DISCORD
Some people will sit down to watch the finals this weekend without complete faith in a level playing field.

The reaction this week to commentary about the Sydney Roosters' playing roster, and how much it may be "worth", is an unwanted distraction to the club and to the National Rugby League.

Just as the original newspaper column was only an opinion, the Roosters' response was via an unnamed club official.

But in some cases, mud sticks.

Click here to read the full article at SMH.com.au

Also with back ending / front ending / differed payments how can any one tell what a player is being paid

Matty Johns on Sterlo tonight came out with a cracker
He did say it in jest though.
Something along the lines of
"The Roosters have come out and said they are $100,000 under the salary cap, but didn't tell us that their salary cap is $25 million"

I would like to see a salary cap along the lines of American Sports, in particular the NBA. Of course it would have to be amended to suit League but basically players can only really become masters of their own destiny when they have served a number of seasons at the club which gave them a start, players can only earn maximum amounts and current clubs have options to match it. Has a few things which of course need to be ironed out but its a lot more transparent. However I don't think the professional sportsmen in this country would ever allow it to happen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4