Chooks claim that they are $100,000 under the cap.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Star-studded Sydney Roosters declare they are $100,000 under the NRL’s $6.1 million salary cap

Dean Ritchie
The Daily Telegraph
September 09, 2014 12:00AM

ANGRY at ongoing innuendo they are cheats, the Sydney Roosters have come forward to deny any rorting and to sensationally declare they are actually $100,000 under the NRL’s salary cap.

Click here to read the full article at FoxSports.com.au

The claim is that guys like Tupou are on minimum value contracts. The value quoted on Talkin' Bulldogs yesterday was $40K.

I can't understand how his manager would not have sought a significant upgrade as we were forced to do when DCE became the marquee player he is.

I'd be surprised if there weren't a few boats at Rose Bay owned by chookies.

If they had. 100 k left they would have bought 3 players from the uk mid season and made a play for choc to switch mid season as well and still had enough to shout the team to hawaii

Does everyone know that the recruitment officer working for them is the same guy working at The Storm during those "special" years?

Funny that Meblourne at the time seemed to be able to afford the big guns, even with a star studded team at the time.

Check the bookshelves at Bondi for the red buttons. They may flip around to expose the second edition player contracts. JWH's contract is the one signed with an "X"

Are you giving credit to Rothfield now? We're only over the cap when we're winning but when we're losing mid season, we're last years champions. Well at least he got people talking, if only by dishing out the usual crap we get for being Roosters.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I always assumed that a base of $75k was the minimum till just recently, for any registered NRL level Player.
Makes a farce of the Cap if a first grader is valued at $15k :dodgy:

Agree that the managers of Toupuo and Cordner are not working in their Client's best interest by getting them upgrades.

Would be interesting to compare how the NRL allowed them to value SBWurst, in contrast to Folau :cool:

Was the $400,000 they paid Shame Hayne counted under the cap?
Shame Hayne wouldn't even put his lips to a whistle for a paltry $100,000. The Rorters are going to have to bump up his fee this season to guarantee them of another premiership.

Theres no point just saying ''we're 100K under the cap'' and expecting people to take your word for it. Especially with a team that the Roosters have. Show us the spreadsheet. Show us the numbers and let us decide if X rep player is worth 120, 000

Interesting when Manly had players on basic contracts (eg DCE) and they became champs we got bashed for not upgrading them straight away, and player managers threatened releases etc.

The Who said:
Was the $400,000 they paid Shame Hayne counted under the cap?
Shame Hayne wouldn't even put his lips to a whistle for a paltry $100,000. The Rorters are going to have to bump up his fee this season to guarantee them of another premiership.

He gets a management salary from Uncle Nicks brown paper bag factory, not that it shows as a salary its simply called "General Expenses"

Oh and this weekend he's getting a management salary (not that you can call it this) from the Gladiator Film Company, he's promised a "starring role" in their next feature film.

i guess uncle nick didn't like rothfools story and told someone at the telegraph to fix it.

Was there DT advertising revenue at stake?

2 words - Pigs Arse! I remember when the Sorensen brothers went from the Sharkies to the Rooters and they came out years later to say they got paper bags from Uncle Nick............

I notice our mate Roger isn't coming back at us denying anything.......probably knows just like the rest of us that it's " creative accounting".

Oh well they'll lose SBWurst at the end of the year saving them a million so they'll be right after that !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6