Choc the recruitment officer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Couple of thoughts.
1. Loobs are you a lawyer?
2. If I can prove it, therefore its the truth, would it still be defamation?
3. Watmough has a reputation outside of being an idiot?
4. I don't think we pursue defamation cases in Australia or else the telecrap would be the most litigated against publication in recorded history ;)
Studied law.

This is from Slater & Gordon - sums it up.

Here are five things you should know about social media defamation:
  1. In general terms, defamation occurs when a person intentionally spreads information about another person, group of people, or small company that damages their reputation, or can make others think less of them.
  2. Defamation is actionable regardless of the medium. A person can be defamed, for example, in print, through photos and on the internet.
  3. Defamation cases involving the internet and social media are relatively new, but the same principles apply.
  4. A person who did not create the defamatory material, but only shares it (for instance, by “retweeting” a tweet), can also be held found liable guilty of defamation.
  5. There are several defences to defamation, including that the statement was true, or that it was an expression of an honest opinion. Consequently, you may be liable for defamation if you spread information which constitutes a hurtful and untrue statement of fact about another person.

Studied law.

This is from Slater & Gordon - sums it up.

Here are five things you should know about social media defamation:
  1. In general terms, defamation occurs when a person intentionally spreads information about another person, group of people, or small company that damages their reputation, or can make others think less of them.
  2. Defamation is actionable regardless of the medium. A person can be defamed, for example, in print, through photos and on the internet.
  3. Defamation cases involving the internet and social media are relatively new, but the same principles apply.
  4. A person who did not create the defamatory material, but only shares it (for instance, by “retweeting” a tweet), can also be held found liable guilty of defamation.
  5. There are several defences to defamation, including that the statement was true, or that it was an expression of an honest opinion. Consequently, you may be liable for defamation if you spread information which constitutes a hurtful and untrue statement of fact about another person.

lol I'm sweet then @Loobs because its true

This is a forum people can express views how they see fit. If they step over the line I'm sure Dan or a mod will pick them up.

Fair enough. I was just hoping we could be a little more....I don't know. Classy? I don't mind the tongue in cheek stuff. Some can be funny, but when it comes to the crunch....

Toovey most likely called him out on spinning negative vibes through the players in 2014, so this makes him show poor leadership.
Truth is some of these big names think they are bigger than the club but this is BS, the club will prosper long into the future when they are gone & those unfortunate enough to not be a part of this can & will be replaced by a player willing to put their heart & soul into the Seaeagles emblem.
As a supporter , regardless of any players talent, prefer having a united team with less talent than those looked upon as leaders tearing the club apart.

100 metres plus a game? Bring back the Ox,they are now including sideways running as metres gained

Error free? In his own mind maybe because when he drops the ball he is the victim just like his leaving manly

He's such a victim

It's just so sad seeing a once Manly great doing himself a huge disservice in saying what he has.

There's no doubt he's not the sharpest tool in the shed but surely even he is smart enough to know the things he's saying would be taken this way by our fans and quite possibly our club.

I doubt the FC would renege on the LM, but I bet they never award one for a current player again, if they do I'll be moving an amendment to award it when the player retires but NOT before.

I don't even see an issue with awarding it to a player who went to another club for the last 2 years of his career ( Bob Fulton is a great example) but I do have an issue awarding it to a current player, who can then do what this one is doing.

I just went and read through some of his twitter posts, he needs a tap on the should by someone with some common sense because some of the photos that he's put up with witty comments ( in his mind ) are embarrassing and bordering on downright distasteful. I can overlook the spelling and the grammar, but some of the comments he's made leave a lot to be desired, my 10 year old nephew has more brains than him!
Thank god he could play footy, otherwise he'd be centrelinks number one customer.

And to think, apparently Choc has found God and become a Christian. I highly doubt any of his Parra Christian teammates (Mannah et al.) would ever talk like this about others.
Where did he find it? After a big night taking class A's?? Lol He's just discovered religion? As a thinking adult man? I understand when children are indoctrinated with religion and have little choice but believing that garbage as they get older, but an adult converting? Lol what next, the easter bunny is real. God bless you Choc (sorry couldnt help myself, thats too funny)

I was once asked - "have you found Jesus?" To which I replied, "I didn't know He was lost."

As a Christian folks (and I am not ashamed to say it) I believe in God and Jesus. I would even go so far to say I am a fundamentalist. Even the scientists are now saying intelligent design.

I once read a poster saying, "I will believe in God and hope I am proven right rather than not believe in God and then be proven wrong."

A very good Buddhist friend of mine had a saying in his office - "God is like insurance. You may not want to believe but when things happen you'll hope He is there."

If you, LE, think it's garbage pal so be it. If you are right we are just all going to be dead bones in the ground. But if I am right and you are wrong - that's a pretty big call I hope you can stand the heat.

I don't want to make this an argument on religion guys but let us respect other people's belief's.

Guys be very mindful of social media, he is a grub and is inciting a bit of emotional slandering. These things can bite on the arse.
Imo he is worse than even hasler now, he will never be a manly legend in my eyes simply a spoilt brat.

I was never for stripping his life membership but you would have to think that telling the media publicly that you 'hate' the club would have to be grounds for removal.

Maybe the club should publicly ask him if he wants to hand it back?

"There's people in this team that hate Manly even more than I do" -

Maybe we're all misunderstanding this. Maybe he loves Manly...and is just surprised that people don't love Manly as much....therefore he thinks they hate us????

Maybe his 'hate level' is actually zero?!?!?!?!?!? :think::think::think:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8