Choc still Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Choc is not the sharpest tool in the shed and has said some damaging things about our club. Some may say he has crossed the point of no return. But I still feel that everyone deserves a second chance especially someone who literally busted his body and bled for our great club.
Agree, and he wasn’t the only malcontent manly player at the time.

That 2008 last rounds and semi finals series was as dominant a display from Choc as I have ever seen.
He was immense during that time.

People have no idea what he's done for the club, including taking personal haircuts to accommodate other players to remain. That's where his frustration stemmed from.

Some of the comments in this thread are unbelievable.

People have no idea what he's done for the club, including taking personal haircuts to accommodate other players to remain. That's where his frustration stemmed from.

To be honest if have two hair cuts for Manly@:D@:p

silvertails says it's your birthday!

Or did you just throw in any old date?

I seem to remember doing this with another member some time ago (exactly a year ago? - lol)

If Choc once, just...once... showed 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of remorse for anything he said, then to me it'd be a lot easier to go yay, choc! But even as late as last year he was slamming dce (but still apparently supporting the team).

I don't forget what he did either on the field (but also off). I did a post some years ago when he was getting older; something along the like of:
Run metres: 90
dropped balls: 2. Average opposition metres gained 40 + kick = 60 x 2 = 120.
penalties per game: 2: Opposition meterage: 60 x 2 = 120

Run metres = 90
Run metres cost = 240
Difference = 150 cost to Manly! So why is he here?

- though I think I was miffed with him at the time, lol.

The article sounds like "hey manly, i'm manly selling my manly house so I love manly and please as manly people may be the only ones that can manly afford my manly house then manly manly manly.
Haha Yer mate another year younger.

Look imo time to get over it a bit. I had quite alot to say to choc on Twitter and instagram got personal called me a fatty and i let it be known he should lose his life membership. But he made a decision at time he thought was right and yes it did not.
If snake can brought back then anything possible. He a legend great forward and played hurt alot, had mongrel. Many games at home we won on back of his metres.

Too hard for me to read the OP post on my computer so here is the website version.

The former Sea Eagles player and the return of coach Des Hasler

News-Corp-journalist-Kathryn-Welling-120x120.jpeg

Kathryn Welling
04 May 2019

capi_4cf0dc357dde6904d4b617c9b26e6c3a_b2c6dd79d36f332334dbb54abfd2d373.jpeg

Anthony and Elle Watmough with their daughter Jagger, 3, selling their large and very private Dee Why home.

Anthony ‘Choc’ Watmough is selling his family home of seven years, but is adamant he is not leaving Sea Eagles heartland.

The former Sea Eagles player who first pulled on a maroon jumper as a 13-year-old schoolboy finished his career as a Parramatta Eel in 2016 but his heart still belongs to Brooky and the boys.

He applauds the reinstatement of Des Hasler as coach saying it was the only way forward for the team.

capi_4cf0dc357dde6904d4b617c9b26e6c3a_c22f471639b4025174ad08c844830388.jpeg

Anthony Watmough in his Parramatta Eels jersey. He retired from the game in 2016.

Tony Abbott's property life in Forestville

0:25

“Manly needs a Manly person as coach,” he said.

“It doesn’t work when an outsider comes in and Des knows how to control the board and the players and already you can see the impact of his presence with back to back to wins,” he said.

The 35-year-old forward follows all Manly games and spent most of his professional career as a Sea Eagle.

“Manly was always home for me, I am always rooting for the Sea Eagles,” he said.

He is now helping to run a city Lebanese restaurant and said several of the customers have commented he is looking trim and slim and looks as if he could play again.

capi_4cf0dc357dde6904d4b617c9b26e6c3a_69be7775837177023d7a00510a33cb5e.jpeg

Anthony Watmough at Cubby’s Kitchen in Sydney.

“The business has been good, it’s busy and we have a good bunch of customers,” he said.

Watmough and his young family are auctioning their tri-level Dee Why home in June and looking for something smaller they can renovate in the area.

“We don’t use most of the house,” he said.

“And we want to put our stamp on another place.”

Actually it is Elle Watmough’s creative flair on show in their five-bedroom home at 33 Undercliffe St, Dee Why,with its 180-degree views that stretch from Dee Why Beach to Long Reef headland.

capi_4cf0dc357dde6904d4b617c9b26e6c3a_3b3bdb8a17b22bf013bb81a7ee0ff0d9.jpeg

The Watmough home in Dee Why.

capi_4cf0dc357dde6904d4b617c9b26e6c3a_f30ccae03d66ebd587358e641ad4c7fd.jpeg

Large and light with an ocean view.

Elle loves deer and antlers, and her style shines through in every room.

The couple bought the headland home with Elle’s late mum Leona and together they updated the house, that was stuck in the 1970s.

“There is so much of my mum in the house, our daughter was born at 33 weeks and mum finished the upstairs level for us,” she said.

“I love the barn door she found, and the sandstone fireplace, and the downstairs lounge is where we all watched football games together,” she said.

When the couple bought in 2012 the extended Watmough family numbered six, but now the house usually has just three people at home — Anthony, Elle and their three-year-old daughter Jagger.

capi_4cf0dc357dde6904d4b617c9b26e6c3a_7bb20c94c74731840e1b885b98d79046.jpeg

The parents retreat take the top floor and is a real sanctuary.

capi_4cf0dc357dde6904d4b617c9b26e6c3a_9011a0de33b555b093478ce07ac8ae5f.jpeg

Looks like ‘Choc’ has more shoes than his wife Elle in the dressing room.

The house has the top floor dedicated to a parents’ retreat, with its large dressing room and edgy ensuite. There are two bedrooms in the middle level and on the ground floor there is a self-contained area which be ideal for an older child or for in-law accommodation.

The crisp gas kitchen opens to a deep balcony and the ocean views.

capi_4cf0dc357dde6904d4b617c9b26e6c3a_7afaf4bd7557459a98f5471fe1a1c921.jpeg

The kitchen with a lovely view.

Each level has either a balcony or a patio facing the ocean, and the cathedral ceilings with full height glass doors and half-lights ensure the home fills with morning sun.

The lowest level steps out to a lawn and a timber deck complete with fire pit and built-in seating.

There is a large downstairs rumpus where Anthony loves to watch the footy. The second living room is off the kitchen and dining room. This is a large home in an exclusive enclave.

Agent Tulo Sila, of Upstate, said the quiet position and versatile design means it suits families of all shapes and sizes. It goes to auction on Saturday June 1 and the auction guide is $2.7 million.

If snake can brought back then anything possible. He a legend great forward and played hurt alot, had mongrel. Many games at home we won on back of his metres.
How can you compare the two?
When did Snake rubbish the club, year in and year out?
When did we have to constantly hold our breaths when Snake got the ball in hand or even had to play it, for fear that he'd f up?
How many genuine off field incidents did we have to endure or cover up for Snake?
etc.

Lost me when he tried to punch a sponsor when the dad had to step in and stop Choc drippling all over the sponsors 18 year daughter 2 feet in front of me. Only time I ever wanted to punch out a Manly player along with a few other fellow sponsors. One word summary of Choc - IDIOT

I call BS. He and others certainly took deferrals but that was all they were, deferrals.

The bloke is barely going to be able to walk in 10 years time because of what he did to his body in the Manly jumper, and that is good enough for me

The rubbishing the club is all a bit meh for me, and a lot of people bagging him for it have spent the past few years bagging the club as well !!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8