Choc out of form

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Choc was good in 2007, but back then he couldn't tackle.
He was like Inglis - his attack covered his defensive weakness. He could break the line at will and had pace and that little shimmy step.

I remember a game against the Dragons at Brookie where he got KO'ed, wouldn't come off the field, the Dragons knew he was out of it, ran at him the next play and he air grabbed as Gaz crossed. That's always been Chocs problem. Too dumb to know what's best for the team. At least with the ball he could just run and do damage...

I remember once reading an interview with Des and he talked about Choc and his rise to representative football. IIRC Des said that after 2007 he sat down with Choc and basically laid it out to him that unless he learned how to tackle he would never establish himself as a rep player.

Oh yeah, he is as dumb as dog ****. I am finding myself watching the Eels play more this year than I ever have just so I can enjoy watching him drop the ball and run sideways for another team.

Funny, so do I , and PMSL every time he does !!

this has been the best thing about this season so far ... seeing Choc play. I still cheer every thing good Gifty does .. It makes me little sad by the end of the game but still wish him well. Good footballer, champion block

I personally think his best season was BK's last in 2007. After that its been a marginal decline each year with others stepping up. 2007 Choc was amazing.
Probs right mate but lets face it - the 2008 - 2013 Choc was still superior to anyone in todays pack - that 2007-08 Choc was the elite 2nd rower in the world imo.
Hate to admit it but if we had Choc still here I think just his presence would have us another 1, maybe 2 wins......

Probs right mate but lets face it - the 2008 - 2013 Choc was still superior to anyone in todays pack - that 2007-08 Choc was the elite 2nd rower in the world imo.
Hate to admit it but if we had Choc still here I think just his presence would have us another 1, maybe 2 wins......
You're right there - I thought he was the best in the game too - and you know what? He totally ****ed up his rep career at the time being a dickhead off the field.

Understand - I just think it's quite funny. This is the second one of these after 6 weeks. And it was interesting to read that Choc seemed to think his success at Manly would just materialise at Parramatta. I mean the guy is pretty dumb but this is a whole new level...
His "success at Manly"? Apart from one good season I found him to be a constant disappointment. I am happy to see him continue his "success" at another club.

Funny, so do I , and PMSL every time he does !!
+1. My interest in league is strictly limited to Manly games these days but this season I have enjoyed watching Watmough fail. It's a pain having to wipe the spit off the TV screen every few minutes. Still worth it.

His "success at Manly"? Apart from one good season I found him to be a constant disappointment. I am happy to see him continue his "success" at another club.
Not personal success - more being part of the "decade of dominance"

How good is Parramatta's recruitment going.

Watmough who is old and on the decline and Foran a 5/8 who doesn't bother playing because he is unhappy. Sounds like his career will go downhill next year when he hates playing for Parra and their intellectual giant fans

He is not performing because Parra don't have any cans of superglue for his hands. Bunnings Parramatta has sold out of them

Last edited:
Choc's 2008 semi final games for us were phenomenal.
He was belting guys all over the park.

How good is Parramatta's recruitment going.

Watmough who is old and on the decline and Foran a 5/8 who doesn't bother playing because he is unhappy. Sounds like his career will go downhill next year when he hates playing for Parra and their intellectual giant fans
Their recruitment is doing better than ours .... players are even preferring Raiders than us now?

I cheered for Choc and as a Manly I loved what he did.

Now he is a Parramatta player who cares.

You cannot buy a culture you can only create one. Parra-warringa or Parra-Manly are still to learn that in the future. Next year Parra-Manly will have 5 ex Manly players in their first-grade line up.

I wish them all well but will not be cheering them on.

Choc's 2008 semi final games for us were phenomenal.
He was belting guys all over the park.
Everyone was on it. It was like 110-12 for and against in 3 games. You'll never see that again.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Choc story in the Telecrap today with Brad Arthur telling him to work smarter not harder.

Choc and smarter..? Maybe this is why everyone loves BA. Obviously a comedian!
I watched watmough since he was a reserve grader, and he clearly plays his best footy IF HE DOESN'T TRY TO THINK :)

If he's thinking, he's doing dumb things like passing, fumbling the play the ball etc. He needs to switch his brain off and play on instinct.

He will continue to spiral downwards in form if Arthur gives him ideas and lets him try to think.

I watched watmough since he was a reserve grader, and he clearly plays his best footy IF HE DOESN'T TRY TO THINK :)

If he's thinking, he's doing dumb things like passing, fumbling the play the ball etc. He needs to switch his brain off and play on instinct.

He will continue to spiral downwards in form if Arthur gives him ideas and lets him try to think.
For some reason that made me think of this, but in relation to Chocs brain:

You know, a town with money's a little like the mule with a spinning wheel. No one knows how he got it, and danged if he knows how to use it!
―Lyle Lanley

For some reason that made me think of this, but in relation to Chocs brain:

You know, a town with money's a little like the mule with a spinning wheel. No one knows how he got it, and danged if he knows how to use it!
―Lyle Lanley

"Mono..D'oh"

Classic

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4