Chez injury news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Joey and Freddy said what we've been saying - Chez is trying to lift his forwards by taking on their role as well as being a half back. He exhausts himself and then his kicking game and game management suffer @:cool: They suggests he hang back and look for the plays like other halves :)

It may be a blessing in disguise, to have him observe how our forwards structure themselves :)
Agreed. If the forwards and centres/wingers had been doing there job then DCE would not have been injured. DCE often takes hitups when he shouldn't but that's because no one steps up to take the ball and he's the one left to take it.

A massive what if, but what would happen if say Isaac John came in, played confidently, and extremely well (knowing DCE has been ordinary for quite a while now), and we start killing it?

What happens when DCE then becomes fit? Do you just automatically drop John?

Well yeah....

Well depending how confident John is, and how poor DCE has been, I actually don't think we'll be going backwards.

In fact, I think we may look a little more crisp. I say that based on Johns ability to be called into the NZ International team, and perform very well with completely new and foreign players to him.

He performed, and won.

I'd be bringing Isaac John in for sure. He looked good in the 9's and has plenty of experience. We need a relatively steady hand and a solid defender - I'd be picking him over Moltzen or Hynes (at this stage of his career).

Leave Killer in the centres, otherwise we have two weakened positions instead of one.

I would have Moltzen at halfback over Isaac John any day of the week. They are both the same age but while Isaac may have been around for as long as Moltzen he doesn't have anywhere near the same first grade experience. Most of his career has been spent in feeder clubs.

NRL First Grade Stats Careers
-- Pld, T , G , FG , Pts
John
34 , 6 , 0 , 1 , 25
Moltzen 90 , 39 , 2 , 0 , 160

Moltzen is a pretty good player if he can stay injury free. I remember him killing it at half for the tigers in a few games many years ago. Probably not that many NRL games ago for him considering his injuries though. I am happy with either but I think John will get the nod.

If either john or moltzen play halfback i'll be happy.Just remember people souths are down in confidence plus are struggling to score points.We're at home we beat the sharks who tonight beat melb.We'll win this game i'm confident.

I hope one of these backup halves can come into the side and spark the team. The attack is disjointed but with new recruits and and lots of late changes that's to be expected. Walker is starting to show glimpses of becoming a legitimate 5/8th.

We need to get a consistent team on the field, good go forward players like Tapau, BJ, Vave etc., We missed BJ and Tapau last week. Lussick showed promise, Parcell gets better each game and imo should get the number 7 jumper with Godinet at hooker.

We will play heaps better with but we need to lay the platform with our forwards.

Rather Mateo play half and trample that little **** Keary every chance he gets :swear:
Or from left field - Tom T as halfback?
Or Jake?!
I certainly would not be moving Walker or Parcell, let them continue to get used to their current roles.

You would think John gets the nod, not sure how his organisation and game management is though?

Walker just needs to keep building on what he is doing week to week and im sure he will become a decent 5/8, he doesnt need the responsibility of running the football team around ontop of trying to find his feet in a new position. I think that will just take away from his strength which is his running game.

Speaking of running game... does anyone else here think Parcell isnt running the ball enough? I think it was a great move making him our first choice hooker and im not sure if playing 80 mins is having an impact but geez i wish he would run the ball more often!

Speaking of running game... does anyone else here think Parcell isnt running the ball enough? I think it was a great move making him our first choice hooker and im not sure if playing 80 mins is having an impact but geez i wish he would run the ball more often!
Probably playing to instructions as he gets used to NRL. I think he is more of a backing-up type anyway, which is why he scores so many tries. Apparently he was even looming up in support of Lussick's bust, but the big guy forgot to look.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6