• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan79 said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Nice suits, well spoken, and amusing, unlike the pogs from other clubs who turn up in polos and can't string a sentence together.
are you referring to Des? Speaking of Des. I heard him on the radio today. In the past when I was interested in what he had to say. I didn't mind his lack of fluency. Now i no longer care, the muttering stuttering babble he speaks is funny. There was a moment today where I wish I had a pen to write down his exact words. But he was babbling on about how good the warriors are and that they are the benchmark. He went on to say something like " They are a side that can score more Then they can have  scored against them. That makes them a real chance"
itonstein at work

Naah mate, I was referring to players from other clubs who wouldn't have put the effort into a TV appearance like our blokes did. No ref to Des.

bennyeagle said:
League week also stated that he asked for a release, crazy stuff, get off your ass manly, if we lose cherry you lose dollars for my membership ! Wake up !!!

Seriously can we stop with the threats of revoking membership or discontinuing being a fan every time we might lose a player, it's childish and stupid. If you can't handle the negative stuff as well as the good stuff as part of being a Manly fan, piss off and go join De$.......just sayin'

But I do feel your frustration benny and maybe I'm reading it wrong but no where has it been said that it was DCE himself who asked, just his manager who's job is to better his client financially I do hope though that he remembers he would still be playing QLD cup on food stamps if it wasn't for Manly.

This is where the Manly COO. Should come out with a press release putting a stop to these Media hacks rumours

My apologies I'll never be revoking my membership, just heat of the moment, us manly fans have to many ups and downs with player rumours, gets to me sometimes, just wish manly would realise that not everyone can be kept, but DCE should be if the highest priority to our club moving forward.

So Manly should immediately agree to whatever the player agent demands? A ridiculous assertion. The process is a negotiation, and this is a tactic. There are many variables to consider from the club's viewpoint.

By the way, was this the same player agent who negotiated Daly's current contract? If the contract is that bad maybe Daly should be looking for new agent, not a new club.

its obvious what has happened. He asked for a release that he doesnt want, knowing full well that it wont be granted, but he expects that it will put a scare into the club and hopefully result in re-negotited terms for this season and next. Now i am sure if we had room to move we would have. If it is true that snake is on his way i think something will be sorted reasonably quickly.
He may have even been put up to making this public by the club. If stewart walks fans will be up in arms, but if a long term contract is signed by cherry, and the club comes out and says it was only made possible by stewart leaving, then fans will be somewhat placated

Berkeley_Eagle said:
This is where the Manly COO. Should come out with a press release putting a stop to these Media hacks rumours

What and deny the truth he has asked for 1 of 2 things to upgrade his contract and an extension ( and I say fair enough) or if they don't upgrade him he wants out.

The sticking point seems the upgrading of his current contract for this year and next.

We are up to the limit for the salary cap and can't give him anymore (it seems).

Unless we can release someone, it's going to be hard to upgrade him the way he wants and probably deserves.

Here's hoping they find a way.:-/

This is why we need to dump Rose. What do we want. A fat slug playing NSW Cup or the future of rugby league?

Fukn Des is the main culprit for our situation we find ourselves in. Hed signed midway through last year(with the Dogs), and late in the season re-signed Kite,Georgie,King Smokin Joe instead of DCE Foz Trex.

Matabele said:
This is why we need to dump Rose. What do we want. A fat slug playing NSW Cup or the future of rugby league?
Can't just 'dump' a player that has a binding contract. Daly is stuck with Manly and Manly is stuck with George - for now.

I missed fox tonight.

So what happened?

DCE was on the show first and didn't say much about the contracts. Then when he leaves they discuss DCE asking for a release.

byso said:
I missed fox tonight.

So what happened?

DCE was on the show first and didn't say much about the contracts. Then when he leaves they discuss DCE asking for a release.

Apparently DCE confided in Paul Kent that he's asked for a release.

So, what does this mean? Is he not happy at the club? Or just not happy that he can't get more money for the next 2 years?

I think Kent is correct in saying Manly just simply don't have a heap of money to throw around as the League Club is dying a slow death and can't fund the Football Ball club no longer. This is not an ideal stuation and i can't image Penn is all the cashed up at the moment either especially in this climate. I hope it all sorts itself out sooner than later

It was full page, page 1 of todays rlw. Direct quotes from his manager that a release had been sought and refused. A release was requested because he is only earning about 80k this year which is less than last year because last year also had 3k per game match payments.
Obviously kent would ask him about it backstage. there would be no point denying it given his manager had gone on record. i doubt kent would outright lie about a conversation he had 2 minutes previously

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7