Cherry Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not saying he will be the next Thurston or will play soo in no time at all. The comparison was to make the point that a few games in first grade is not a basis for judging their ability or knowing what you can expect of them. DCE has done really well as the halfback of a first grade team in the games I've seen. 'presence', and 'vision' are things that develop in a half/playmaker, as they are really ways of saying they are playing with maximum confidence.

If I wanted to make some extravagant predictions about somebody it would be Hopoate; he has world class potential written all over him. Alot can happen before he actually reaches that level of course....

Don't know why anyone would be down on DCE. Missed a few hard kicks from out wide, so what. I'd rather have him develop over time than be a flash in the pan.

He's solid now and will only get better.

This thread is the biggest load of hogwash ever.

The kid is developing well. I think Des doesnt need to revisit the goal kicking not because i don't think the kid is good enough but because i think for someone so new to first grade it was an added pressure he doesnt need right now. If Jamie's legs are right maybe he should be doing the kicking.

Things I've notice about DCE since round one
1) he general play kicking as improved out of sight. How good was the 40/20 on saturday and the fact hes got the kahunas to have a crack at it I know he kicked 2 out on the full against penrith but when you think about it we have had a real lack of 40/20s over the years poor little ox could never get close.
2) hes starting to take the line on more thats a good thing it shows hes growing in confidence.
3) his defence is improving you couldnt call him a turnstyle we have had several worse halves defensivly over the last decade.

This year i really see his role to just support Foran and Gifty they are man men in attack what i think we will see next year is DCE emerge as a true playmaker and when he does we are going to be a very hard team to stop

After our first game of the year I prematurely proclaimed that we finally had found a sharp shooting goalkicker. Since that game he has failed to live up to expectations. Against the cowboys he missed a lot of difficult kicks, however, you need to make at least 70% of these kicks to be considered a good goalkicker in the modern game. I think it's time that Lyon resumed the duties or perhaps Matai if Lyon has a problem there.

Whilst on the subject of kicks from out wide, why is it that some players fail to look at improving their position when scoring tries? Surely any assistance you can give your goalkicker should be a priority when scoring a try. Oldfield seems to be a serial offender here. He scored a try toward the end of the cowboys game where he crossed the line out wide where he seemingly could have touched the ball down much closer to the posts. Why would you not make the effort to improve the chances of a successful conversion? It is particularly frustrating when your goalkicker is missing them all night from out wide and you lose a game by a measly 2 points

With regard to DCE's general play I think he's going OK. He appears to be the kind of player that will improve over time. Let's face it, we either develop a half-back on the cheap and hope he will become a fine player, or, we spend the big dollars and buy one. There aren't too many quality half-backs available to any club at the moment so I'm happy with the way DCE is coming along. Evidence of this is the tug-of-war and money being thrown at Sandow.

Yeah i think we should shoot both DCE and Oldfield, they are rubbish, I'm sure we could get Orford and Scott Donald back, or maybe Jack Elsegood has some spare time when he's not doing his hair or driving cars.

Check their birth certificates guys, they are hardly at their use by dates yet....

Fro said:
Yeah i think we should shoot both DCE and Oldfield, they are rubbish, I'm sure we could get Orford and Scott Donald back, or maybe Jack Elsegood has some spare time when he's not doing his hair or driving cars.

Check their birth certificates guys, they are hardly at their use by dates yet....

Did I say they were rubbish?

Cambo said:
This thread is the biggest load of hogwash ever.

The kid is developing well. I think Des doesnt need to revisit the goal kicking not because i don't think the kid is good enough but because i think for someone so new to first grade it was an added pressure he doesnt need right now. If Jamie's legs are right maybe he should be doing the kicking.

Things I've notice about DCE since round one
1) he general play kicking as improved out of sight. How good was the 40/20 on saturday and the fact hes got the kahunas to have a crack at it I know he kicked 2 out on the full against penrith but when you think about it we have had a real lack of 40/20s over the years poor little ox could never get close.
2) hes starting to take the line on more thats a good thing it shows hes growing in confidence.
3) his defence is improving you couldnt call him a turnstyle we have had several worse halves defensivly over the last decade.

This year i really see his role to just support Foran and Gifty they are man men in attack what i think we will see next year is DCE emerge as a true playmaker and when he does we are going to be a very hard team to stop

Couldn't agree more Cambo. We've gotta be patient with any newcomer to 1st grade and DCE is a potentially top rate half and has already shown his worth & class in many games. Experience obviously takes time to develop and DCE's going great IMO - plus every player has his good and bad games as we know....

Its only a minor point but every time I see DCE's goal line drop outs I think thank goodness Des has got this great kid playing for Manly.
Go DCE!!

Fro said:
GG i wasnt singling anyone out.

I can if you want but wasn't in this instance,

No problem. Your comments came straight after my post and you referred to the only two players I mentioned! I was puzzled as to how you came to that conclusion.

Nah it was after your post, but was basically my being fed up with every time i log on here theres are endless critical posts of all and sundry, from Lowe to Des to the guy that washes the jockstraps. :)

I can be as glass half empty as the next guy but its getting a bit old.

Was after your post, but wasnt purely aimed at yours if that makes sense?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6