Channel Nine NRL Ratings Plummet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
For all you wishing for the demise of chn 9, a word of caution from an old fart with a memory.

If you think 9 has too much influence on the game .... they are rank amateurs and moderate to what fox will demand when they are the total control.

For all you wishing for the demise of chn 9, a word of caution from an old fart with a memory.

If you think 9 has too much influence on the game .... they are rank amateurs and moderate to what fox will demand when they are the total control.

That will never happen, the numbers don't add up , far more FTA viewers than pay so the NRL would always sign a multi level broadcast agreement.

Streaming is probably the way of the future, so it will be interesting to see how this develops.

Already I can stream all games free to my Telstra run mobile phone and IPad, and with Telstra NBN at home I can stream all games to my Telstra TV.

I however have Foxtel Sat, as I can take a box with me when I travel and watch games anywhere ( and places where there's def no internet ), so it will probably continue to be a mixture for some time.

Plus the Foxtel HD telecast is the ducks nuts, far far better than streaming but I imagine as that progresses you'll get the same quality ( as I already stream Netflix in HD).

Last edited:
Everything about CH9's NRL package is stale. Game day, Footy Show, news coverage....it all needs a big freshen up. Fox kill them, so glad I can afford Foxtel, didn't watch one game on 9 last year and didn't miss it for a second Fox still have some work to do, like getting rid of that muppet Gasnier, but overall their coverage is much better.

Its not Nein or Fox's fault for trying to own and run the game ,its the completely useless pricks running the NRL who have let the game down. Grow some balls ,sell the BROADCASTING rights ,Thats it.
Sorry ,No input needed ,just broadcast our product when and where your told.
Take some control back you fools...

Nine suck , they are arrogant but i feel its a decline in league in general. The current management seem to have no long term strategy, other than to annoy and alienate fans with inconsisent rules and the application of them

No one i know watches games like they used too. they watch there team but not much else. There is still team engagement , but not to the code.People attachment to there own team is the only thing keeping league on life support.

The independent commision and greenberg in particular are a massive flop and have spent far too much time patting themselves on the back for achieving the basics at best.

The cap, scheduling, the refs, the judiciary, the bunker, and poor quality games as a result of all or one of those reasons cost the code. Each and every aspect of the game is shrouded in controversy, inconsitencies, and a general bias that the working class person despises.

Nines numbers are down and fox are up but that is probably more about fox changing its pricing due to netflix etc. despite this , overall numbers are dropping as the product is losing its lustre .

... Same with the league and fox. It pains me to say it but even Braith Anasta, Michael Ennisar and Mark Gasnier and good talent. I didn't like them as players but they do a great job on the coverage.
Gasnier and Anasta maybe! but Ennis??? why does he call everybody "mate" Cant Fox coach that out of him? He's on national TV for chrissake!

BTW, as a grumpy old man, I would burn in hell (or become sexually involved with Pauline Hanson) before I would give Murdoch one stinking cent!
(edit) Lest we forget: Murdoch Ruined the game, And the Club (when it was a club)

Now... I feel better!

Last edited:
Gasnier and Anasta maybe! but Ennis??? why does he call everybody "mate" Cant Fox coach that out of him? He's on national TV for chrissake!

BTW, as a grumpy old man, I would burn in hell (or become sexually involved with Pauline Hanson) before I would give Murdoch one stinking cent!
Now... I feel better!

We should start a " grumpy old men" forum, there's a few of us on here, @nightster amomgst them.

We can relive all the old days, and whinge and bitch about how **** the modern game is!!

Anyone with half a brain could see that Inglis should have been pulled straight away.

Not sure why Gus gets a pat on the back for mentioning it in commentary.
Commentary isnt about stating the fkn obvious.

Its not Nein or Fox's fault for trying to own and run the game ,its the completely useless pricks running the NRL who have let the game down. Grow some balls ,sell the BROADCASTING rights ,Thats it.
Sorry ,No input needed ,just broadcast our product when and where your told.
Take some control back you fools...

This.

This is just another example of where the AFL has it all over the NRL. The AFL dictate their own schedule and the TV broadcaster (Seven in this case) works to that. They don't pick and choose which games they want to show, they just show the games.....ALL of the games.

For too bloody long the NRL have let Nein dictate who plays when which has led to the situation we have where a team like Brisbane has become the staple Thursday or Friday night team and frankly most people are tired of it.

Having to watch the Donkeys every week on Channel Nein is like Groundhog day. Eventually people realises they have seen it all before.

Talk about karma. Channel 9 have been pathetic for years and finally it's coming home to roost.

Where to begin?

1) Rabs the voice of league? Does anyone still think that? The guy has been on autopilot for 10 years.
2) Gus. Now Gus has some good points....which he then labours to death and makes you believe the opposite.
3) Gus and Rabs together. Memo guys: you are not Bill Lawry and Tomy Greig. This niggling agro rubbish you think you've got does not work.
4) Ray Hadley. Not sure if he is still on (shows how much I watch 9). But once the decision was made a few years back to bring this bully boy back and shaft Andrew Voss you really lost me.
5) the commentary. We do not want to hear about the voice, or whatever crap show is on.....call the rugby league. Sure we don't mind a joke or two or an observation about something a bit off topic, but 99 percent of the time we want to watch the footy!!
Which then leads to what Foxtel have been doing. Have good commentary and then some fun with Matty Johns, Hindy, Fletch etc.
6) etc etc.

After the Thursday night CH9 game I saw some of the Fatty Show. I didn't think it possible but worse than ever.
I've heard the CIA show it on loop to extract information from suspects.
"I'll tell you what you want, just make it stop..." ;)

I don't mind Gould's commentary, I just hate it when he goes off on a tangent that has nothing to do with the game at hand or league itself.

Warren is ok for an old bloke.....other when when he gets names wrong or just calls the so-called superstars by their first name. He may be on a first name basis with the likes of Greg, Billy, Cameron etc.....but the audience isn't.

Johns and Lockyer know their stuff, but Johns is as boring as watching grass grow while Lockyer has trouble putting together coherent sentences.

Fittler is a 15 year old in a 45 year old's body. Thinks everything is a joke and is probably more suited to the stupidity that is TFS than he is commentating or interviewing.

And don't get me started on the arse clown that is now hosting the telecasts. Not only is Yvonne Sampson much better looking but even when she looked bored because no Qld team was playing she was better than him.

Then there is the shameless cross-promotion. People watch rugby league because they want to watch rugby league. We don't give a toss about The Voice or The Block or whatever. Talk about the bloody game, not Nein's other shows that never promote the NRL.

Last edited:
I ticked the agree box .... and mostly I do ... except for Rabbits .... f****n retire you goose!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8