Changing of guard as Manly front up with fresh faces and attitude

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
9,11,12,13 and the bench Manly is good. It is just the 8 and 10 manly are below avg compared to the other teams in the comp. Neither of our starting forwards made over 100 meters a game.

The forward battle is usually won in the first 20 minutes. I think Mason will lead from the front in the early exchanges (sometimes it only takes one big run, and the statement has been made). As for Vave being rejected by the Sharks; we have a great coaching staff who have a proven track record for extracting every last ounce of talent out of rejects.

I agree with Bones as well; we lost the battle due to attitude as much as size. The game against Penrith showcased that perfectly. We coasted along without a care in the world for most of that match, expecting it to just happen, then when we realised the game was slipping from our grasp, we turned it on. With the right attitude, we have so much talent at the club, and we'll take some beating.

Vave did ok at storm, went backwards at sharks like all players do. He'll improve at manly.

Vave had coaching talent at the sharks like Shane "I don't know what's going on with my own team" Flanagan, a chap called Mr Peter Sharp, and what's his name, the bloke the dragons sacked. Clearly an environment committed to continuous improvement.

bones said:
The reason manly were 'rag dolled' a couple of times by Souths, Dogs and the Cowboys towards the end of last year was because of attitude, not ability . The rot had well and truly set in by then from the players wanting out etc. We had the same forward pack at the start of the season and in round 2 we beat souffs and also beat the Roosters twice. It wasn't only the forwards who were off their game in the back end of the season. The same can be said of DCE, Lyon, Foran, Matai and even Snake. It wasn't a happy camp. Now that quantum are gone things will be different in 2015. The mindset that the team can't win because of the division should be a thing of the past.
Hi bones i hope you are enjoying this great sunny Sunday
Forwards that dominate win the big games and this is why 2V signed forwards with intimidation and can bend the line like Mason , Vave , Tetevano
The Sad Stats Show us that only one of our forwards averaged more than 100 metres a game
Buhrer 107
Lawerence 94
Starling 88
Horo 77
King 68
JSL 62
Lui 59
Hasson 41
Tyson Andrews 14 (from 4 games off the bench)

BOZO said:
bones said:
The reason manly were 'rag dolled' a couple of times by Souths, Dogs and the Cowboys towards the end of last year was because of attitude, not ability . The rot had well and truly set in by then from the players wanting out etc. We had the same forward pack at the start of the season and in round 2 we beat souffs and also beat the Roosters twice. It wasn't only the forwards who were off their game in the back end of the season. The same can be said of DCE, Lyon, Foran, Matai and even Snake. It wasn't a happy camp. Now that quantum are gone things will be different in 2015. The mindset that the team can't win because of the division should be a thing of the past.
Forwards that dominate win the big games and this is why 2V signed forwards with intimidation and can bend the line like Mason , Vave , Tetevano
The Sad Stats Show us that only one of our forwards averaged more than 100 metres a game
Buhrer 107
Lawerence 94
Starling 88
Horo 77
King 68
JSL 62
Lui 59
Hasson 41

In my opinion, those stats should also take into consideration, the time spent on the field because without that, your stats don't show the player's true worth (in metres per game). If player only comes onto the field in short periods from the bench as a replacement player then of course, their metres per game will always be low in comparison to a player who spends the majority of time on the field during the game.

Jethro said:
BOZO said:
bones said:
Buhrer 107
Lawerence 94
Starling 88
Horo 77
King 68
JSL 62
Lui 59
Hasson 41

In my opinion, those stats should also take into consideration, the time spent on the field because without that, your stats don't show the player's true worth (in metres per game). If player only comes onto the field in short periods from the bench as a replacement player then of course, their metres per game will always be low in comparison to a player who spends the majority of time on the field during the game.
You have made a fair call their Jethro but from what I have seen through out last season our boys up front lacked a bit of fire power and hopefully the new guys on the block can give us what we signed them for

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2