• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's not completely a personnel thing. I'd like to see Crocker to the bench to share with Levi 40 minutes each (at least) and Cust in at 6. Elliot to fullback, Suli to centre and Garrick to stay on the wing forever.

Just need to start with some energy. Line speed and strong contacts in defence. Some running onto the ball and second phase play in offence.

It's not completely a personnel thing. I'd like to see Crocker to the bench to share with Levi 40 minutes each (at least) and Cust in at 6. Elliot to fullback, Suli to centre and Garrick to stay on the wing forever.

Just need to start with some energy. Line speed and strong contacts in defence. Some running onto the ball and second phase play in offence.

what is going on in this forum...... everyone knows our Croker isn’t the one that wears headgear and plays at Canberra right,,

ours is rubbish but seems to get a lot of love on here

is that really you posting On here Lachlan?

what is going on in this forum...... everyone knows our Croker isn’t the one that wears headgear and plays at Canberra right,,

ours is rubbish but seems to get a lot of love on here

is that really you posting On here Lachlan?

He has been good for us coming off the bench at hooker. Was **** today at 6.

Fuking idiot hanging anywhere near around gangsta fukwits when you've got an nrl career and big money at your fingertips. It just defies belief.
i agree he has so much talent but has now thrown it all away.

brent kite /BK needs to have a word with this kid about what life choices he is making.

Last edited:
Des thinks Shuster a great young talent but they don't think he's ready between the ears yet for playmaker role. A run at 14 later on maybe at best.Albert is fit and maybe a chance with a few more losses, which are coming due to our anaemic backline. I suppose anything could happen with a couple of performances like that.

But seriously,they were always going to struggle today against quality outside backs.Other than Horhay,Parker and DCE the guys out there today in the positions they were picked are not first graders.Our pack has to totally own the opposition for us to win now,which they can do - but every week?
Our depth is our weakness even though Des gets the best from them. Paseka and to a lesser extent Jetski not good enough.

We have a top notch run on pack, a couple of decent reserve forwards ,but without Tommy and Walks we are just making up the numbers until Shuster and Albert are ready for full time first grade and Funa develops hopefully.
The Knights fullback next week will be virtually unstoppable with our pedestrian backs.

Require a herculean performance by the starting six and an improved DCE for the next eight weeks to sneak into the eight.Top 4 wont happen and that means no title.Our reliance on Tommy and no Fainu /Api combo is too great an obstacle even for Des.The 9 mess is just as big a blow as Turbot.

Last edited:
Hate to say this guys but I could see this one coming and I hope Des sees the problem clearly.

No 1 You are not going to win games firstly without a good play maker. Walker and Corker are not play makers. Metcalfe is a half, and Cust is OK but not the answer. Des has to bring in Schuster.

No 2. There are too many safe players in the backline. Fine to have one such as Parker, for good defence. But you need attacking players in the backline. Elliott is a good safe player in the Parker mould but you seriously need players who set the game alight. I would get Hopoate in there as quickly as possible at full back. No one else in this side handles that position well.

No 3. Hopefully Suli will be back to give some grunt in that centre partnership while Walker is absent.

Defence alone will not win you games as shown in this game,. They could see there were limited points available in this backline and it gave them confidence

I just hope Des doesn't play conservative and use much the same backline, otherwise we will be in the bottom half of the comp, by seasons end
Good post Bear. However if Des had stayed true to the team list on Tuesday I think we would have won. Didn’t he do something similar against Parra late last year yielding a similar result? Look I’ve not seen Schuster or Hoppa to make a call on their readiness for 1st grade but it is a big step up. Inpartivular if young hoppa is coming off an afl with no lower grade footy. If schuster is as good as people say, perhaps s bench spot for him first and give Elliot a shot at fb first. Cust and Croker for mine kinda seem like the same player. So pick who you want to start at 6. Jetski needs to go as well

Des thinks Shuster a great young talent but they don't think he's ready between the ears yet for playmaker role. A run at 14 later on maybe at best.Albert is fit and maybe a chance with a few more losses, which are coming due to our anaemic backline. They were always going to struggle today against quality outside backs.Other than Horhay,Parker and DCE the guys out there today in the positions they were picked are not first graders.
Our depth is our weakness even though Des gets the best from them. Paseka and to a lesser extent Jetski not good enough.
We have a top notch run on pack, a couple of decent reserve forwards ,but without Tommy and Walks we are just making up the numbers until Shuster and Albert are ready for full time first grade and Funa develops hopefully.
The Knights fullback next week will be virtually unstoppable with our pedestrian backs.Require a herculean performance by the starting six and an improved DCE for the next eight weeks to sneak into the eight.Top 4 wont happen and that means no title.Our reliance on Tommy and no Fainu /Api combo is too great an obstacle even for Des.The 9 mess is just as big a blow as Turbot.
Albert is ready, he has played fullback his entire career, he knows what is expected there. Picking players out of position will hurt us.. he is the next number one could not play anywhere near as poorly as Garrick played today.

Des thinks Shuster a great young talent but they don't think he's ready between the ears yet for playmaker role. A run at 14 later on maybe at best.Albert is fit and maybe a chance with a few more losses, which are coming due to our anaemic backline. I suppose anything could happen with a couple of performances like that.But seriously,they were always going to struggle today against quality outside backs.Other than Horhay,Parker and DCE the guys out there today in the positions they were picked are not first graders.Our pack has to totally own the opposition for us to win now,which they can do - but every week?
The Knights fullback next week will be virtually unstoppable with our pedestrian backs.Require a herculean performance by the starting six and an improved DCE for the next eight weeks to sneak into the eight.Top 4 wont happen and that means no title.Our reliance on Tommy and no Fainu /Api combo is too great an obstacle even for Des.The 9 mess is just as big a blow as Turbot.
agree

Should never have let Api go..

I don't get this whole Api gone stuff, we let him go before we knew Fainu was a hard core gangsta amd needed to free up funds to re-sign the Turbo bros. Management can't be blamed for that decision...made sense at the time given the options and our salary cap situation

Stand corrected if we let him go after Fainu was charged

I don't think any changes to the named 1-17 are needed.

Unfortunately Des changed them up and only about 8 of our guys turned up to play. DCE was horrible.

The named 1-17 is fine.

Edit: Gojetski for Waddell or Sipley.

Last edited:
I don't get this whole Api gone stuff, we let him go before we knew Fainu was a hard core gangsta amd needed to free up funds to re-sign the Turbo bros. Management can't be blamed for that decision...made sense at the time given the options and our salary cap situation

Stand corrected if we let him go after Fainu was charged
As an out and out Api lover you are correct. It was just the timing (and Fainu ) fuuckup that has cost us. I watch Api at the Panthers, and he is killing it. It’s just horrible to think how we’d be if Fainu didn’t fuuck up.

Cant stand crocker at 5/8 but who else is there, would be another disruptive change.

Levi has to play less minutes, no footy smarts with the ball.

Gogetski to be replaced by Waddell

Garrick back to wing
I think cust is a gooden.. He has wraps on him from people like Joey and Freddy. I can see him being something special in the future. Invest in him now move Croker to 9 and levi to the bench. Schuster in for Gosiewski.. He is completely underdone, Schuster would be hungry for a shot

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6