changes of SOO 2?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
What changes would you make to the NSW side for SOO 2?

Mine would be:

1) Johns in for Kimmorley, Kimmorley has been in great form this year and the only reason he played poorly was because of the pressure. If he thinks that is pressure, wait till he is in front of 70,000 NSWelshmen wanting QLD blood and to level the series.
Obviously Johns has been out for a few weeks but stated last night “he’d be ready for SOO 2” that comment to me means “I will save NSW in 2005 if I get selected”. I like his passion and think he is the man for the job.

2) Simpson out for Kite, Simpson was average in the time he had on the field. Admittedly this reason could be why he was poor, but IMO playing without a genuine back up prop is suicide. Kite has been solid this year and proved his worth on the big stage last year.

3) Ryles out for Clinton, Ryles played like a blouse last night! If you can’t get hyped up for this game then you don’t deserve to be there. Clinton has worked his ass off in a poor side and should be in ahead of Ryles based on form and not reputation.

My line up would be:

1.Miniciello
2.King
3.Gasnier
4.Cooper
5.Rooney
6.Barrett
7.Johns
8.Bailey
9.Buderus
10.Clinton
11.Hindmarsh
12.Fitzgibbon
13.Kennedy

14.Wing
15.Kite
16.Ryan
17.Watmough

id give cronullas enforcer don tweedle a run at prop-he's the man for the blues.tough as they come and cant run ,catch or pass which are obvious prerequisites for the job anyway.

Johns is a total unknown. I think Orford should get a go at a rep game.....finally. At least then Manly could justify paying 450k for him.

From the sounds of things he is the RL Messiah! :)

I'd have Wedgie Man Stevens ahead of Clinton. If Watmough is going to get so little game time I would have Beaver in there instead, for his experience and defensive impact.

I don’t want to get sucked into the mona v orford debate but I wouldn’t play orford in a SOO because of the following reason:

He CAN NOT grab a see-sawing game by the scruff of the neck and turn it into a NSW win! He has shown this at least 3 times this year in regular games. From the top of my head the Storm were charging back against the Sharks but Orford could not grab the game, he kicked balls dead, passed balls behind players and was v.ordinary. The same can be said against the Bulldogs and Sea Eagles.

He has plenty of skills and when the Storm blow a side apart there is always praise for Orford’s skill, but when the game is a tight affair he is no-where to be seen except when lining up for a 20m restart after kicking the ball dead.

It’s a chance I wouldn’t want to take in the toughest game of the year!

In addition our forwards werent our problem last night. If you make any changes it would be one, Kimmorley. Simpson is in the side for his defence, we have attacking backrowers in Hindmarsh and Kennedy. Fitzy and Simspon are our defensive guys. Watmough or Beaver as strike players, wing as our quick man when forwards tire. In my opinion the side is perfectly balanced.

Lets face it, we drew the game and were comprehensively out played in the first half. You dont make wholesale changes to a side that draws a match.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4