changed my mind and everyone else should too

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mavin said:
Pepi said:
Des is overrated. After he loses on Sunday he will have a 2/5 record in Grand Finals. Compare that to the true greats like Bennett and Gibson.
Toovey had 4 state of origin forwards out the other night and nearly rolled those gorillas. Penrith were awful last night and got within a try.

Bozo has a 2/4 record in grand finals as a coach. Is he over rated also.
Didn't Bozo coach the Roosters side iin 1980 as well, so that makes it 2/5

Peter C said:

Correct.

Bozo in GF's....

1980 - Lost (Easts)
1983 - Lost (Manly)
1987 - Won (Manly)
1995 - Lost (Manly)
1996 - Won (Manly)
1997 - Lost (Manly)

I still can't believe with the teams we had that we only won 1 premiership from 1995-97.

We WAS robbed in '95 @HoldenV8

Unlucky to the "extra-go" the Noughts had at the death in '97, too!

And just agree. *I've OFTEN thought how close we could've been to 3-in-a-row if you think about it enough (or TOO much, perhaps) mate.

That mid 90s team only winning one premiership has denied them the chance to be in the discussion for one of the most dominant sides of the modern era when they should be.

Yes we were robbed in 95, but we still played quite poorly. 97 we were also robbed with a couple of crucial calls going against us at the wrong time and namely a knock on called against Cliffy which still gives me nightmares and of course that Newcastle team earning the nickname of Drugcastle.

Peter C said:
Mavin said:
Pepi said:
Des is overrated. After he loses on Sunday he will have a 2/5 record in Grand Finals. Compare that to the true greats like Bennett and Gibson.
Toovey had 4 state of origin forwards out the other night and nearly rolled those gorillas. Penrith were awful last night and got within a try.

Bozo has a 2/4 record in grand finals as a coach. Is he over rated also.

2 wins 4 losses isn't that correct?Wins 87,96 losses 80,83,95,97 Unless my maths suck that's 2 wins 4 losses. Also I'm not bagging anyone who has made a GF let alone is good enough to win 1 I sure as hell wasn't good enough as a player or coach.

RiverEagle said:
We WAS robbed in '95 @HoldenV8

Unlucky to the "extra-go" the Noughts had at the death in '97, too!

And just agree. *I've OFTEN thought how close we could've been to 3-in-a-row if you think about it enough (or TOO much, perhaps) mate.

'97 beaten by performance enhancing drug users.

Masked Eagle said:
That mid 90s team only winning one premiership has denied them the chance to be in the discussion for one of the most dominant sides of the modern era when they should be.

Yes we were robbed in 95, but we still played quite poorly. 97 we were also robbed with a couple of crucial calls going against us at the wrong time and namely a knock on called against Cliffy which still gives me nightmares and of course that Newcastle team earning the nickname of Drugcastle.

I've seen that '95 grand final a few (painful) times since ME.

Momentum is everything in a GF; and with 2 blatant forward-passes, AND an absolutely proven 7th-tackle try, the 17-4 scoreline to the Dogs, actually flattered them, IMO.

(And @johnbadseed THAT'S what I was implying re: '97 and the Knights).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4