changed my mind and everyone else should too

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hate him for what did to Manly but respect him as probably the greatest coach in the game at the moment.

I hope this dogs win 39-0 on Sunday. As much as I hate them and the grubs they have in their team, Hasler doesn't coach to injure players. Maguire is a cancer on the game who is guilty of coaching to injure. Souths DO NOT play fair they are filthy grubs and deserve nothing.

**** both teams but go the dogs on Sunday.

Des leaving is part innuendo/part fact/part rumour and all in the past
Des does one thing well, that is coach football sides through thick and thin and get the best out the roster he has
he did that at Manly and he is doing it at the dogs
I agree with one of the previous posters I hope the Dogs win because I detest the Bellamy learned McGuire illegal/grub tactics souths employ
I stand by my comment: everyone here should stop paying out the guy
it's not classy to hang on to past history
I like Des and respect Des and that's also mainly because I don't really know with full clarity what happened when he left Manly and nobody here does either

bazeagle said:
gotta admire Des
I don't care what happened regards his exit from Manly, he's a seriously good coach
he plays the mind games at a level up there with the great Sir Alex Ferguson ex Man U in my opinion
I don't mind 2V but in all honesty he's not in Des's class
so 100% get over yourselves who pan the guy out all the time, endlessly on these forums

Disagree 10000%

I am well and truly over all the 2011 rubbish now

It is done and dusted, I hated them in 2012, but I also admire the ability of Hasler to get this mob to the GF. we can carry on all we like about how they have had a lucky run etc and try to downplay the efforts, but the facts are the facts, he has now been in the GF 5 times in the past 11 campaigns, that isn't all down to a bit of arse

bazeagle said:
Des does one thing well, that is coach football sides through thick and thin and get the best out the roster he has
I agree with one of the previous posters I hope the Dogs win because I detest the Bellamy learned McGuire illegal/grub tactics souths employ
I like Des and respect Des and that's also mainly because I don't really know with full clarity what happened when he left Manly and nobody here does either
Weren't you the sole voice here who liked David Gallop? Lol
You aren't afraid to voice unpopular views, so credit to you for that much at least.

bazeagle said:
gotta admire Des
I don't care what happened regards his exit from Manly, he's a seriously good coach
he plays the mind games at a level up there with the great Sir Alex Ferguson ex Man U in my opinion
so 100% get over yourselves who pan the guy out all the time, endlessly on these forums

They were lucky to beat us (by a FG in Golden Point).

They were also average against the Panthers; especially in comparison to Souths demolition of the Roosters.

I don't admire, respect or even believe he's any better a coach than Tooves. So have a quick re-think.

If U want to be pedantic, think about what Tooves achieved with this side (this year). Even if a quarter of the unrest in the group is true, we finished above the Dogs.

U acknowledge there's issues at board-level (which is true at many clubs, and a few right now). So factor that into your comparison of Tooves and Des.

Then add Ballin, Buhrer, Choc and Gift to that game, and our 1-point extra-time loss. Had they played, or even just a couple, we'd have had far more chance and could easily be where your "golden-boy" Des and the Dogs are now.

That's how close it was this season.

Look at the whole picture, especially as a Manly supporter, and see it all in context please. Because I DO care (as do a lot of others still, in the Thread).

For mine, Tooves did a better job overall in the regular season (we finished ABOVE them) and had that unlucky loss to them in the end.

What we know as FACT (the manner in which Hasler left Manly) is more than enough for me to have no respect, admiration or appreciation at all for him; now and forever.

RiverEagle said:
bazeagle said:
gotta admire Des

They were lucky to beat us (by a FG in Golden Point).

They were also average against the Panthers; especially in comparison to Souths demolition of the Roosters.

I don't admire, respect or even believe he's any better a coach than Tooves. So have a quick re-think.

If U want to be pedantic, think about what Tooves achieved with this side (this year). Even if a quarter of the unrest in the group is true, we finished above the Dogs.

U acknowledge there's issues at board-level (which is true at many clubs, and a few right now). So factor that into your comparison of Tooves and Des.

Then add Ballin, Buhrer, Choc and Gift to that game, and our 1-point extra-time loss. Had they played, or even just a couple, we'd have had far more chance and could easily be where your "golden-boy" Des and the Dogs are now.

That's how close it was this season.

Look at the whole picture, especially as a Manly supporter, and see it all in context please. Because I DO care (as do a lot of others still, in the Thread).

For mine, Tooves did a better job overall in the regular season (we finished ABOVE them) and had that unlucky loss to them in the end.

What we know as FACT (the manner in which Hasler left Manly) is more than enough for me to have no respect, admiration or appreciation at all for him; now and forever.
I love tooves and don't like hasler at all but you are wrong once again @rivereagle .
Results speak for themselves hasler has got them to a grand final and we were left to watch the last 2 weekends. Put any spin on it you want des has achieved the better result this year as much as I hate to admit that.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bazeagle said:
You aren't afraid to voice unpopular views, so credit to you for that much at least.
decent memory there SER8

A lot of strong views here :)

You know, in 2012 I was very much hopeful of the dogs taking the premiership, even though still being sore at Des. Mainly due to my utter loathing of the drizzle.

I haven't been a league fan for as many years so many of you, so I don't have the same level of revulsion for the vermin. Considering as well all the "luck" the dogs have had as many have mentioned here, with favourable refereeing/judiciary/opposition injuries, and that they haven't really dominated anyone despite all of that... I just don't think they are deserving.

As much as the vermin have questionable strategies, they're still up against an avalanche of pressure given their history, and have shown some real ticker and focus through the finals. They seem far more deserving...

Fluffy said:
Inetersting that Hasler is now a great coach on the back of 1 poor refereeing call.

If the ref wasn't blind and hat rightfully blown the penalty for Reynolds being offside then this thread would never have started.

Its a fine line

I doubt the people who are singing Des' praises now would have been singing Toovey's if we had won.

ALinda said:
bazeagle said:

Call it what you will, I'm hanging on.

He's lost any respect I had for him and will never return.

I'm with ALinda. He defecated all over the club we (and supposedly he) love.

So Despicable. You're either with us or against us. As they say in the classics........you can't ride two horses with one arse.

bazeagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
bazeagle said:
decent memory there SER8
Lol, memory's not so crash hot but I do remember that :)

I'm not necessarily "wrong" @Bomack44 just because U disagree with me.

Apart from stating how I "feel" I also said why I "believe" my opinion.

I also did so to balance any scale in favour of Hasler here (even though a LOT of ppl agree with me in the Thread; and far more in the wider community). And I would've said the same thing regardless.

Results often speak for themselves. Equally, or more often, they're quantifiable. (I won't repeat myself; just re-read my post if U wish).

Even putting loyalty to Manly and 2V aside, I still believe he's just as good a coach, if not better than Hasler.

The arrogance and my "perception" of him and how he left isn't even a factor in my opinion (of his coaching abilities).

I'm just saying I don't like him or respect him anymore, as well.

(Now I'm done here).

Mavin said:
Pepi said:
Des is overrated. After he loses on Sunday he will have a 2/5 record in Grand Finals. Compare that to the true greats like Bennett and Gibson.
Toovey had 4 state of origin forwards out the other night and nearly rolled those gorillas. Penrith were awful last night and got within a try.

Bozo has a 2/4 record in grand finals as a coach. Is he over rated also.

And Toovey only has a 3 from 9 record in finals matches.

Mals said:
bazeagle said:
gotta admire Des
Looks like Baz has allowed Hasler to login using his username.

Hi Des [insert wave here]

Will this wave do?
mad0248.gif

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8