Championship Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeo forgot about them

Can not think of many players in the top flight who have had more clubs?

Maybe Lee Bowyer

Middlesborough
Newcastle
Leeds
West Ham
Birmingham?

Yes he has had a fair few also, add Charlton to that for sure, without looking it up on wiki i'm not sure who else if any. One player who has had a lot of clubs in Marcus Bent, one of our old blokes, 14 different clubs he has had. I did have to look this up for him
Brentford
Crystal Palace
Port Vale
Sheffield United
Blackburn Rovers
Ipswich
Leicester City
Everton
Charlton Athletic
Wigan
Birmingham City 
Middlesbrough 
Queens Park Rangers
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Funny i could have worn he played for Wimbledon (before the MK Dons days)

Possibly, thats the list of got of wiki but maybe they forgot someone. Given how many clubs he has had can understand that.
Also not the league but the league cup this morning we beat Millwall. Which is always a good thing, beating Millwall that is

Good victory for Ipswich over Millwall at the den, 2 -1, sounds like there were a few chances that went astray as well, so given that before the weekend they had won 22 straight at home that's a good result.

Now, since 3 L1 teams are into the next round (To my count) lets hope they get an easy draw against a L1 team at home to make the quarters.

First time for Ipswich into the round of 16 since 02-03 apparently so looking good, not that the LC means much anyhow.

Rusty link said:
First time for Ipswich into the round of 16 since 02-03 apparently so looking good, not that the LC means much anyhow.

No but the saying winning is a habbit and its very true. It is very early days in the league though but I just hope we can keep on winning.
A stat I heard while listening to the match on the net was that the last time we beat Millwall away in the Cup we won it. Although that was the FA Cup way back of course in 78. Not likely to happen this time but might be a good omen

LC means a heap to anyone not in the big 4!

For my hammers it is out only chance to get some silver (2-1 away at a ful strength sunderland was not bad at all!)

tractorboy link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=185393.msg296817#msg296817 date=1285130450]

No but the saying winning is a habbit and its very true. It is very early days in the league though but I just hope we can keep on winning.
A stat I heard while listening to the match on the net was that the last time we beat Millwall away in the Cup we won it. Although that was the FA Cup way back of course in 78. Not likely to happen this time but might be a good omen
[/quote]

Honestly I think the hardest month of football is over for Ipswich, playing two out of three relegated teams and two of the favs for the promotion in the first 7 games.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing when I got text from my Liverpool supporting mate to say Liverpool were out, I hoped we get them in the next round. Add Everton to that list as well. Bring on Man u in the next round I say

Any other Championship supporters out there? As much as I like talking about Ipswich I don't me and Russell turning into a Ipswich thread.

Meh, never could bring myself to jump on a big teams bandwagon just cause they are winning.

Nah, next round Ipswich to play Northhampton city and Man U v Arsenal, that would be great!

Also growing up in oz (not sure if you two lads did) all you used to see were the big 3 (arse, pool and Manu)

I'm from Ipswich so that why I'm a Ipswich fan, been here since I was 12. Went to many a game at portman rd that my Dad took me to. 

[quote author=Rusty link=topic=185393.msg297600#msg297600

Nah, next round Ipswich to play Northhampton city and Man U v Arsenal, that would be great!
[/quote]

Lucky guess Russell but good chance for us to win that and make the last 8.

Overnight scores

Burnley 0-0  Bristol City
Cardiff 2-1 Millwall
Coventry 2-1 Preston
Derby 5-0 Palace
Leeds 1-0 Sheff Utd
Norwich 0-2 Hull( GO HULL) LOL
Forest 3-1 Swansea
QPR 3-0 Doncaster
Reading 3-0 Barnsley
S****horpe 1-1 Ipswich
Watford 3-1 Boro