Champions Trophy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Must interest in this ? For me it is 1 of the tournaments I enjoy, all the top teams there and a good format and done reasonable quickly

Is wide open which makes it even better this year. Poms were 1 of the favourites but after the way we have dished them up they have come back to the pack. South Africa are the side people or talking about but I'm not so convinced with their 1 day play at the moment. Can Gayle and Pollard fire and get the Windies to some big scores ?
We are the massive outsider but have the capability on the day to put on a special performance like we did last night. If the grounds are anything like that one should be in for some top games. Guptill's 189* last night was 1 of the best constructed innings I have seen, as was the whole innings actually, absolutely perfectly done under these current rules

WI v Pak was a ripper game last night

Pak got to 171, amazingly low score when you put in Misbah on 96* and Jamshed 50. Roach bowled an awesome spell along with Narine

Haven't seen a lot of the Paki attack but they bowled really well and Windies got there 8 down. Opening bowler Irfan at 7 foot tall is a real handful and bowled some absolute beauties !! Wahab was bowling about 10km quicker than I remember and was all over Pollard

I get some games on tv over here. The games are on at funny times but I stumbled upon aust having their butts handed to them by the poms.

As far as I know, aust v nz in a couple of days time.

BTW - if you're ever in nth america (or canada at least) just so you know...paki is an offensive term here. Not having a go (as I was surprised) just informing the world.

Moving on....there are some power teams in this tournament and I think 300+ is going to be par on some grounds (like tiny cardiff).

Has been a really good tournament so far.

Your boys are certainly in a massive slump at the moment but will probably find form against us !!

We beat SL by 1 wicket this morning, I woke up at 4 in the morning and thought I'd check the score and we need 5 with the last pair at the crease, was a tense finish ! Good to see Vettori back on the park, 27 months since his last ODI

Beating SL is a very good feat. Nicely done. I don't mind Vettori either. Hopefully Aust find something.

Someone should tell hughes that it's an 50 over game, not a test. Well actually Warne did on the commentary I was lisening too.

We hadn't beaten SL for 8 games so we were due !! Any type of mystery bowler always kills us so we have always struggled against them over the years

I'm hoping you don't find anything until your 3rd game.

Warne was certainly on about thrashing it around from the start lol, but I think these new regulations have changed the 1 day blueprint now.

We played the near perfect innings against England. After 10 overs were 36/1 then keep building and building towards the final assault which was 132/1 in the final 10 for a score of 359/3

And I found out where Luke Ronchi (sp) went. Back to you guys!

India thrashing the w.indies. Thought it'd be closer TBH.

Commentators are really trying to build the "Aust v NZ...and these two teams really don't like one another....no lost there!" I dunno, I like NZ'ers and I think the teams lift. I assume NZ really love beating aust (hey it's not my fault you cant hit a 6 off an underarm bowled (legal) ball). But to try and hype some level of animosity...well they're commentators I guess.

Should be a good one, and Aust's #1 seeding seems to be laughable at the moment.

Edit: I found it on tv from 2.30am till about 10am (Canada time - pacific) so I shall avoid this thread in case of any spoilers! Good luck.

Yeah Ronchi earned his spot but a bit underwhelming so far

Lol well I think like most nations around the world our players have very little time for Twatto but outside of that not sure there would be massive problems with Haddin no longer there, things got messy after he cheated a few years back

The games always have a bit extra to them though I guess. I'm expecting Twatson and Warner to have big games against us

Well it sounds like Warner won't be, reports he got on the sauce and started throwing a few punches so will be stood down

Finally recorded the game - my first since being in Canada.

Settled down....got to see the Aust innings

And then....

rain!

Waaaaaah!!! (manly wah).

1 point each...well that kicks aust in the sack.

edit - good to see vettori still bowling well (better half likes him as he plays in glasses)

And better minds than mine can set me straight but Hughes is the biggest waste of space ever to stick his head in a baggy green.

Hughes made a pretty good comeback to the side over the last summer, I wouldn't be writing him off too quickly

McClenaghan has a real knack of taking wickets for us, has had a great start to his career.

Big game tonight now, if England beat Sri Lanka that all but seals England and us going through to the semis

But...that would be unfair!

I don't see anything to write home about here! (hughes) But I think your reference went back a bit further than this table.

Recent matches
Bat & Bowl Team Opposition Ground Match Date Scorecard
0 Australia v New Zealand Birmingham 12 Jun 2013 ODI # 3369
30 Australia v England Birmingham 8 Jun 2013 ODI # 3365
14 Australia v India Cardiff 4 Jun 2013 Other OD
0 Australia v West Indies Cardiff 1 Jun 2013 Other OD
45, 6 Australia v India Delhi 22 Mar 2013 Test # 2085
2, 69 Australia v India Mohali 14 Mar 2013 Test # 2081
19, 0 Australia v India Hyderabad (Deccan) 2 Mar 2013 Test # 2076
6, 0 Australia v India Chennai 22 Feb 2013 Test # 2074
1, 19 Australians v India A Chennai 16 Feb 2013 FC
29 Australia v West Indies Melbourne 10 Feb 2013 ODI # 3334

A couple of 1 day knocks stick in my mind on his return, he definitely got a ton 1st game back and backed up with something decent the next game as well

Not a lot of your younger mob have really looked very impressive though, heard plenty about Smith and Khawaja before they debuted and they have looked very ordinary the times I have seen them

Bloody hopeless !!

The 1 time we need you guys to win you bottle it lol

India v Sri lanka could be a top notch semi, this Indian side has looked extremely impressive so far

Sigh - well aust has fast tracked a law so we can have that pakistani refugee play for us in record time!

India v sri lanka.... bit of a fizzler in the end.

roll on eng v india!

This Indian team could dominate for a few years if they keep them together

Dhawan looks like class, Kohli already has around 20 International 100s and still only young at 23, Dhoni still has time left in him, Ashwin and Jadeja go well in the spin department and Sharma, Yadav and Kumar are a good combo but could get expensive at times.
Kumar will be a key to their overseas fortunes for many years, not express but does a lot with the ball

Vettori had surgery! About a week ago. Hope it extends his playing. I like him.

Flashy India v dour England...weather permitting, could be a cracker!

Shame the rain got involved yet again but was a pretty good final, England somehow choked from an unloseable position

Vettori will probably only have another couple of years left in him max, been at it since 1997 now, talk is that he wants to make it through to the World Cup and pull the pin there

20 overs each and I thought Eng did well to restrict India to 129 (i think).

I was thinking what was dhoni doing keeping Ishant on bowling as he was going for 9 an over.

Then 2 wickets later.....hero decision!

The collapse of 4 or so seemed almost like a (hopefully they do it in the ashes) choke.

Funnily enough I found myself going for India.....must be because of the ashes looming.

India getting 30 off the last 3 overs compared to the poms kept them in it.

Still, a close and exciting finish.

I was going for India because they were the best side there and probably deserved to win it, they are a hell of a team now, have most bases covered

Now onto the real stuff

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4