Ch9 Thumbs it's nose at QLD viewers for season opener on Thursday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Queensland falls victim to Channel Nine delayed reaction for season opener

Todd Balym
The Courier-Mail
March 04, 2014 8:02AM

WELCOME to Queensland State of Origin champions eight years in a row but still living in the rugby league dark ages.

The sunshine state will become the rugby league black hole of Australia on Thursday night as the only section of the entire country unable to witness the start of the NRL season live on free to air television.

Click here to read the full article.

I know that they have only just brokered a new broadcasting deal but the sooner the Nine Network loses the rights to broadcast the game of Rugby League, the better it will be.

So primitive, no HD, no Live - clauses that the NRL must include in their next Broadcast deal :idea:

Telstra still owns half of Foxtel, so they will rake it in at this rate :dodgy:

If anyone should not be whingeing about NRL coverage its queensland. The broncos get an arm chair ride and so do their supporters. Why would a bronco fan need foxtel.

I know there are other fans but essentially channel 9 does this because they believe the other crap will rate better. If queenslanders actually watched footy that didnt involve themselves as much we wouldnt be talking about this at all

They talk about Qld be the centre of Rugby League universe , decisions like this show they certainly are not, They are not supporters of footy they just support themselves. Bit of a fan v supporter issue there . Havnt seen one of them in a while

Might have to facebook the result for laughs

Spot on jbb/james, Qld and Vic are so insular they may as well be separate countries.
Have a look at their respective newspapers - Brisbane is split between Boncos and the Lions and Melbourne is all AFL.
My brother lives on Gold Coast and buys the Sydney papers so he knows whats going on in with the rest of the NRL.
If they gave a $hit, then Ch 9 would show the game which is what they are doing on Friday night.
It's smacks of QLD arrogance to blame the NRL. They conveniently omit the fact that the game isn't shown in Victoria either.

StuBoot said:
Spot on jbb/james, Qld and Vic are so insular they may as well be separate countries.

It appears to me that Queensland already thinks that they are a separate country because judging by media reports up here when they report on sports stars be it RL players or olympic representatives etc. in international events, they are QUEENSLANDERS. Australian status always comes second if it is even lucky enough to get a mention.

Jethro said:
StuBoot said:

It appears to me that Queensland already thinks that they are a separate country because judging by media reports up here when they report on sports stars be it RL players or olympic representatives etc. in international events, they are QUEENSLANDERS. Australian status always comes second if it is even lucky enough to get a mention.

CORRECT

Rounds two and three up here against the vermin and the chooks are delayed because of bronco mania; there's about 7 instances of this over all rounds.

cant see it live on nein and can't watch it live on foxtel.

I'm not from QLD, but I know they, like us,
love their NRL.
So, whoever's responsible, bombard all states with NRL because 1000's of Vic's are moving to QLD & bringing AFL with them. Their game won't change you & me,
but kids from traditional RL areas could go to AFL.

Jethro said:
StuBoot said:

Australia, that's in Queensland!

Hardly surprising. If it isn't Bonkos then it doesn't rate apparently and when the Bonkos fade they move on to the Reds, Lions, Firebirds or some other s**t Qld sporting team.

That's in Queensland!!!

Id be really dirty if it was Manly V Storm, actually no I wouldn't I'd be there as I am going down for round 1.

Yep all to do with the news and a current affair, and the competition with Chan 7

mickqld said:
Hardly surprising. If it isn't Bonkos then it doesn't rate apparently and when the Bonkos fade they move on to the Reds, Lions, Firebirds or some other s**t Qld sporting team.

Hey C'mon Mick, leave the Firebirds out of it. Super fit chicks in short skirts always rates here at the 'bat cave!:p

Well it was on last night here in Brisbane and that's in Queensland

Jethro said:
StuBoot said:

this is so true! did you know Australia is in Queensland.

vPyI6.gif

I wonder how many Qld people live in NSW and expect to see Broncos games live every week? Oh yeah, that's right....they're stupid hey? fmd

The replay of last nights game out rated the news and ACA by huge figures...

Gus was on twitter before trying to defend it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6