Ch 9 Commentary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So people, if Gus hates Manly so much, why has he named Lyon, Matai, Taufua and Cherry-Evans in his team of the year ?

Gus is more interested in the seagulls. How many times did he mentioned the ****ing seagulls.

Alexander seems the most neutral of the lot.

swoop said:
the f**king seagulls.

Now that would've made great television!:)
Still, watching the seagulls peck at the ground because the worms are about earlier than normal is pretty riveting stuff. All these people that Ray caters for in his monosyllabic explanations of the game, must of been absolutely fascinated that they got a David Attenborough special as well.

In all honesty , the channel 9 coverage has been shambolic for years. The number of times they show replays of totally inconsequential incidents during the game at the expense of missing live action is gobsmacking and reeks of amateurism. The producer also thinks it's almost mandatory to change cameras when a break is made, or try opportunity presents itself after a kick , so the viewer loses total perspective of where exactly play is and whether the ball travels forward.

Ray Warren became a parody of himself years ago. The inane ramblings during the match are demeaning to a billion dollar code and I can only assume that the producer thinks it's somehow quaint to ignore what's happening on the field. His commentary suffers from perseveration. His new mission is to demonstrate to everyone that Dylan Napa is pronounced "Narper", so expect his name to be called many times next weekend. Now that he is finished calling "Widd-op" , he can concentrate on "Narper".

Compare this with the AFL coverage. Replays are shown simultaneously with live action , the commentators are always talking up the code and there is endless post match analysis .

CAMBO said:
I'd rather rabs, Gus and sterlo over warren smith, Ben Ikin and greg Alexander everyday of the week.
Too right! I can't suffer Ikin,
CH9 any day because of him.

Some people said Ben Ikin wouldn't make a commentators A#sehole,
But I'll stick up for him, I say he would.

The two main things I would change about Nein's commentary. First I would shoot the dummy who gave Brad Fittler a microphone. And second I would cut all those plugs for Nein's other shows such as The Voice, The Block and whatever Underbelly series they are running.

I watch league for the game, not to be bombarded with constant plugs by the commentators for the networks other shows.

Ray Warren actually asked last year during a Friday night game why they have to keep plugging Nein's other shows when those shows do nothing to promote the NRL telecasts.

Kiwi Eagle said:
It's amazing how differently people can interpret a commentary

I took a lot of Gus' comments as more of a compliment, because he was also adding to the comments about the tank being low how tough and courageous we were as well

100% correct. Gus has admired our club for some time now. Best football brain in the business.

Ray Warren, on the other hand, is embarrassing.

I'm not a fan of Fittler either.

At the end of the telecast warren said: "and so Cronulla go on through."

Top shelf that.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7