Ch 9 Commentary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Duh! Talking about stating the obvious?

How many times did they harp on about Manly have no fuel in the tank!
On & on & on....same crap cliche!

Until we score again!
The fuel tank must have miraculously re-fueled.

Then it's back to the empty tank again!

Dickhead Ray Warren has this journalistic approach to calling names.
Full-name first, then call them by their first name only!

He must be mates with a lot of young players 'cos he calls them as Peta & Jamie & Greg!

Retire Ray. Your use-by date has expired!

Can't get over how Gus turned on us. Instead of praising the effort all he could do was run us down.

I got a bit of confidence when Gus wouldn't stop saying how tired the boys were, he does the same thing with QLD in every Origin game. We know how that always pans out.

Kiwi Eagle said:
It's amazing how differently people can interpret a commentary

I took a lot of Gus' comments as more of a compliment, because he was also adding to the comments about the tank being low how tough and courageous we were as well

Agreed. Gus respects and admires our club and he was framing what an effort it is for us to have held on last night. We clearly were tired and the Sharks were starting to run over us.

He was just stating the obvious for effect, but no doubt he was impressed by what he saw from our boys last night.

Gus loves to death ride a team, because then he can wax lyrical about the win when it comes to pass.

as someone said he does the same with Qld. he knew we wouldnt lay down last night, he is very complimentary about this team.

of far more earth shattering news was Sterling giving Lyon a wrap as he lay injured, he hates JL with a passion after walking out on the eels, so for him to basically say he was tough and never gave in to an injury unless it was serious was a big call from the big nose.

And he was praising Lyon the pre match build up. But yeah Gus saying how look out on our feet in defence was true. But the facts were when we had the ball we still rolled up field and had chances in attack and still scored some points.

You're right Garts, when its boiled down most of what he says is true.

we were rooted, there is no doubt about it, but as you say we kept turning up.

I do not get all the hate for commentators. Just their opinion and as you say most of the time they are on the money. Many here just do not like their views.

I just wish they'd flick hadley who is the dullest commentator ever, and fitler who's about as good a commentator as he was a coach.

Gus death rode us for the last 15-20 minutes. I was ready to throw the nearest heavy object at the television.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

lismore_fan said:
Duh! Talking about stating the obvious?

How many times did they harp on about Manly have no fuel in the tank!
On & on & on....same crap cliche!

Until we score again!
The fuel tank must have miraculously re-fueled.

Then it's back to the empty tank again!

Dickhead Ray Warren has this journalistic approach to calling names.
Full-name first, then call them by their first name only!

He must be mates with a lot of young players 'cos he calls them as Peta & Jamie & Greg!

Retire Ray. Your use-by date has expired!

Lismore, Ray's should have been put out to pasture 10 years ago. I can't believe Peter Sterling said before the game he was the best commentator ever. He was never as good as Moose Mossop.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

None of their comments worry me. They are know nothings anyway.

But what did disturb me was 2V's comments that he didn't fully appreciate that the players were that tired (or something like that) after the game.

If a coach is unaware how tired the players are before, during and after the game that is a worry.

Ray explains "to the other countries getting this broadcast...."
Well duh, Ray.
If they didn't have an interest in the game they wouldn't be watching it.

'Tis a shame they don't have dual commentaries.
One as a general sporting commentary for the few who watch it without a real passion for the game or the team.....
and one for the Rugby League/ Manly supporters.

Having Ray & Gus discussing whatever but the actual game is so frustrating.

When Rex Messup called the game at least he was blatantly pro-Manly and he admitted it throughout the call.

Now we have "I'm 75 and still calling" Rabbits, who is just plain, past it!

COMMANDER said:
Can't get over how Gus turned on us. Instead of praising the effort all he could do was run us down.

Gus will always jump on and off bandwagons. Watch every origin, he's pro NSW and then when it looks like we are going to fall....yeh yeh QLD at the greatest....said so from the beginning.

Garts said:
I do not get all the hate for commentators. Just their opinion and as you say most of the time they are on the money. Many here just do not like their views.

I liked Warren in the early days (remember Amco Cup?) when all he did was call the game. Now, he is strongly self opinionated and believes his audience lives just to hear what he thinks. Guys, just call the action but keep your opinions to yourself!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6