Centres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
In my opinion this position needs attention ASAP. If manly are entering the buying market this season, 2 centres please. Matai and Stephenson are good players but their defence is certainly lacking and their go forward doesn't pose the same treaths that many other sides have in the comp.

I don't know about anyone else, but when our side spread the ball, I don't get that same ominouse feeling that something is going too happen; like I do when watching the Panthers, Cowboys, Roosters ect.

we definantly need 1 top class centre, such as Matt King

As for Two, well we will have to see how the rest of the year goes

exactly. We cant use our wingers properly due to a lack of decent centres.

for eg. Hill for hoppa to score. Simple basic drawing a player pass to winger stuff.

agree but lets hope alberts comes thru, mattai can tackle and thats all, torrens was making him look ordinary

ive been a big fan of stepho but hek gasnier made him look stupid

and as 4 witt well no attacking option there thats 4 sure

Mattai is going OK 2nd game in first grade, give him time to develop as he is still young. He defended real well against Melb and only dropped a few tackles last night against quality opposing centres.

Our three best attacking players have been starved of the ball in attacking positions. HOWEVER, this cannot be put down to solely the inability of the centres. The ball in second man plays from the halves, and the dummy half has been too slow.

It is only one loss, but IMO Hill and Alberts might see themselves as the centres when we are at full strength. Alberts is extremely good at setting up his outside man.

heresay or have you seen him play??

I've seen him play a couple of years back when I was up in Queensland. He didn't appear like a superstar to me, i could be wrong, but he had some good pace, was solid in defence and seemed to have the ability to give his winger some space.

Wasn't about to beat four guys and score a 70 metre try, but he could draw in a couple and get a pass away.

Cheers, i know a lot of us are really eager and base our opinions on crusher - wasnt sure if you were taking it one step further.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4