Centre to replace?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Looking to the future with 2 club greats getting to the back ends of there careers, I was thinking Kerrod holland from the dogs would be worth chasing.... Good attack and defence plus can kick goals.... Move walker to centres with holland and look for a 5/8 to partner DCE... If not see how APi continues. Dogs surely wouldn't be in a position to throw huge coin at him.

It is not a secret that Snake, Matai and Lyon are fast approaching their respective use by dates. (I don't think it is this year).

You can be assured that every single players manager with a back that can tie his own boot laces has been, and will be in contact with Bozo.

Given the respective value of each of our retirees I think we could afford and will be looking at established top draw players, not bargain may go ok rookies.

Looking to the future with 2 club greats getting to the back ends of there careers, I was thinking Kerrod holland from the dogs would be worth chasing.... Good attack and defence plus can kick goals.... Move walker to centres with holland and look for a 5/8 to partner DCE... If not see how APi continues. Dogs surely wouldn't be in a position to throw huge coin at him.

Walker has to go to centre. He is a world class centre. This year will only help develop his passing and kicking skills similar to lyon. But we need speed. For those that watched the Brisbane game, james Roberts doesn't have walkers skill set but just burns players for pace constantly and either scores himself or puts the winger away. This is what we need out wide. Walker can still come in and look for the ball and get his hand on the ball from dummy half but we need him in the centers and another solid organsing half with a decent pass and kicking game.

Whether its api or i would of liked to have given isac john at least a few games in there or we go after a 5/8. So many coming off contract and all quite good players.

Ideally would love Manly to secure another rep forward and quality 5/8.

Salary cap only goes so far, if you can get a talented kids on reasonable coin why not.... More to spend on other centre spot or another position...... Not sure about snake, but matai and killer are still holding there own... To go around again, snakes time could be up.

I think we could afford and will be looking at established top draw players, not bargain may go ok rookies.
I think we will sign a couple of outstanding rookies, not bargain rookies. That's how we got Whare and Hiku - but the existing stars have endured, so they had to move on.

We already have Walker and hopefully the gun rugby recruit will be ready for next year, so that is one centre spot almost covered before we begin.

Sign the best most promising junior (or two) on the certainty there will be a spot opening up for them pretty soon.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
I think we will sign a couple of outstanding rookies, not bargain rookies. That's how we got Whare and Hiku - but the existing stars have endured, so they had to move on.

We already have Walker and hopefully the gun rugby recruit will be ready for next year, so that is one centre spot almost covered before we begin.

Sign the best most promising junior (or two) on the certainty there will be a spot opening up for them pretty soon.

Good idea. The hard part is knowing whether they will kick on.

For those that watched the Brisbane game, james Roberts doesn't have walkers skill set but just burns players for pace constantly and either scores himself or puts the winger away. This is what we need out wide.

In fairness the Knights lost their winger early so they had Tariq Sims marking up on Roberts at centre...massive mismatch in pace so it was little wonder he carved up.

We were offered Holland Late last year and we told his manager we didn't have enough room in the cap to sign him and Zorba recommended him to Des.

Very possible, but I think with 3 established stars leaving, one replaced by TT,
we will want at least one established star.

Out timetable will be for immediate success.

We had a bloke called Hiku. He goes alright in the centres. So does Whare.

We probably made a mistake moving on hiku. Still could of played wing and center this year with no doubt injuries an almost certainly. Tom t would also have got plenty of time on wing and full back. We might have been right on salary cap?

Walker and Hiku in centers for 2017 would have been ideal

After seeing Lyon being beaten by Semi on Thursday night, I think it's time to move him into the #6 & Walker moved out into the centre spot. Lyon's kicking game is better & Walker is faster…. seems like a no brainer.
I know what ur saying but walker was bought to play 6 and thats we're he will be staying.

I would put Mateo in the centres and Williamw 5/8
I would probably put an extra 26 points in the bank to cover what you are about to lose.

Ahhh, yet another wooden spoon for Parra. You guys are seriously catching up to the record set by Wests - you should have it by 2020. Oh hang-on was it 2 premierships by 2020 or 4 more spoons....I can't remember.

We were offered Holland Late last year and we told his manager we didn't have enough room in the cap to sign him and Zorba recommended him to Des.

We should've just ignored the cap. It doesn't seem to bother the Squeels. :rofl:

Only kidding. Who'd want to be thought of in the same vein as those cheating mongrels ?

I'd be looking at someone like Omar Slaimankhel for next year - can play wing or fullback - would come relatively cheaply and has a heap of speed and talent with a great step.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4