Centre of Excellence/new 3,000 Seat Grandstand at Brookie – timeline updates here?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is a story online from the Manly Daily, posted this morning, behind a paywall. Unfortunately it’s not in the current digital edition of the paper.

Last edited:
Brookvale Oval: Manly Sea Eagles one step closer to stadium upgrade

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are one step closer to getting their new home as the club confirms it has secured funding for the entire project.
Madeleine Wong, Manly Daily
March 4, 2020 7:00am

The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles are one step closer to a $33m Brookvale Oval upgrade.

Northern Beaches Council agreed to enter into a long-term lease arrangement with the Sea Eagles at its meeting last week.

It would allow for construction of a centre of excellence and northern grandstand, which has been long coveted by the club, pending development approval.

The modest plans paint a very different picture to the original proposal — a giant “fortress” with two towers and 23,000 seats, first pitched by Sea Eagles owner Scott Penn in 2015.

That plan included two large towers with residential and commercial premises.

Instead, there will be a new 3000 seat undercover grandstand; food and drink facilities; a state-of-the-art gym; rehabilitation pools and multipurpose education facilities.

Mayor Michael Regan said he was happy with the way negotiations were headed.

“I’m pleased with staff’s negotiations with the Sea Eagles and look forward to it progressing and going forward,” Cr Regan said.

“The development application is currently under assessment and is expected to go to a planning panel in coming months.

“There were some issues around heritage listed trees at the rear of the oval.”

The Sea Eagles had hopes the project would be complete by 2021 but timelines currently remain up in the air.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles chief executive Stephen Humphreys said there’s a long way to go.

“We lodged a development application last year and we are working with council so those discussions are ongoing,” Mr Humphreys said. “We are keen to get moving but the important milestone is the council approving the development application and we are still waiting for that.

“Securing the long term future of the Manly Sea Eagles is a big boost for the community. All the consultation we have conducted shows the community is overwhelmingly supportive of having a modern, fit for purpose home for the Sea Eagles at Lottoland for decades to come.

“We will be building facilities that will be state of the art and other stakeholders and parties in the community will benefit from that, as well as the programs we will host at the centre of excellence.”

Who would have thought that Brookie had "heritage-listed trees"?
That should mean that the Brookie Hill is a national treasure.

From the arrrr-teeee-cull

798128ae305c50843568ee252fb9d937

Seems baby Jesus and his old man really dont want to upgrade Brookie.

What do you think the chances of this happening now. I feel it will be shelved permanently. I hope not but seems govt will have some big red numbers on the balance books when this all works out.

What do you think the chances of this happening now. I feel it will be shelved permanently. I hope not but seems govt will have some big red numbers on the balance books when this all works out.
A major building project on Northern Beaches will create jobs and be great for Stimulating the local economy, plus money has already been allocated.
Here’s hoping anyway

Since it’s nearly ready to go I would think it fits nicely into the sort of stimulus that all levels of government are working towards.

Agree, government spending is now crucial so I'd expect it to go ahead.
The mega-stadia rebuild on the other hand not so sure there may be pressure to redirect some of those funds to other areas?

Maybe we can also ask essendon the name of their laptop supplier

fmd....can we imaging all that in Des' coaching box?

514d4fa4fe955129cb68c7f5278b9cba

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4