Catch and pass, catch and pass, feet in sand

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've got a plan for 2018 I'm thinking of emailing to Kelly.

What we should do is go hard into the market over this off season and buy everyone on ridiculous overs. Force releases from other clubs all kinds of sheet.

Then next year we notify nrl we are over the cap and it was deliberate. Then we release our hooker and are all good to go hard at the 2018 premiership. 2017 can be a bonding experience for all our new recruits.

Might get on to him about that now actually.

Greenturd would go all Storm 2010 on Manly if we pulled a stunt like that. doesn't-matta got hit with a feather duster, we'd get hit with a full on artillery barrage and would be paying for it for a decade.

I have never been anti DCE just anti the ridiculous contract he was offered

Blame The Penn's, ZtH and Foran for that one. If they hadn't pulled the original contract offer the Quantum side put to DCE and decided to try and keep Foran despite it being widely known to almost everyone else that he wasn't going to stay.....it wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately as we know Foran strung them all along until Cherry signed with the Tits and then it ended up costing the club what it did with DCE's backflip contract.

I don't blame DCE for that, it was just one big stuff up from the club perpetrated by a guy sooking because his mate wasn't offered a contract. We were either going to lose both of our premiership winning, international halves or it was going to cost us BIG dollars to keep one.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure DCE has played any better than Ash Taylor this year. Plus the added money of supposedly having to buy Myles to keep him happy.

It is hard to believe that it has happened all season and is a big reason why the coaches are getting doubted. Go back to the basics. They must do ball work at training. It is frustrating to watch them in the oppositions quarter not get deep and run onto the ball. The left hand edge used to be good at that - Foran, Snake, Matai, Taufua

If you don't have the cattle the very least you can do is learn how to tackle. If the other team isn't scoring many points your chances of winning increase by a factor of 10!

You don't need talent to be able to defend well, that's something that can be coached, but wasn't.

A smart first year coach would have addressed our appalling defensive efforts from the previous year.

At the beginning of the season Barrett said that he wanted Manly to have the best defence in the comp.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/d41907f782e2a18a943cc5ceec16bb2b
Then he brings in Seibold from the Storm.
2015 - 10th ranked defence, 2016 - 12th.

Once the pack was settled, a lot of those guys started making progress and laid an OK platform (definite room for improvement though).

Injuries in the back line though never allowed for any consistency. We were always shuffling guys just to fill the holes we had week after week. One guy is back, someone else goes down.

Out of interest, from the 7 back line spots, I'd like to see the amount of games guys played together and in what positions. After DCE and once Snake's heart gave out, almost everyone played a bunch of positions across the games. Look at Tom Turbo. Started on the wing, played a few very good games at centre, moved to fullback. While that was happening Williame played ressies, wing, centre (badly), fullback (badly), back to wing. Wright same but chuck in 5/8! How can you get consistency out of that?

If you want to hope for something next year, start with health. That leads to getting a consistent team out on the park and from there, good things can happen, or at least start to take shape.

Once the pack was settled, a lot of those guys started making progress and laid an OK platform (definite room for improvement though).

Injuries in the back line though never allowed for any consistency. We were always shuffling guys just to fill the holes we had week after week. One guy is back, someone else goes down.

Out of interest, from the 7 back line spots, I'd like to see the amount of games guys played together and in what positions. After DCE and once Snake's heart gave out, almost everyone played a bunch of positions across the games. Look at Tom Turbo. Started on the wing, played a few very good games at centre, moved to fullback. While that was happening Williame played ressies, wing, centre (badly), fullback (badly), back to wing. Wright same but chuck in 5/8! How can you get consistency out of that?

If you want to hope for something next year, start with health. That leads to getting a consistent team out on the park and from there, good things can happen, or at least start to take shape.

It was a dogs breakfast all year, and I'm sorry but apart from a few coaching selections that were wrong, it's just not the coaches fault that from 1 week to the next and then again to the next that we had different combinations across the park.

For example how many 5/8's did DCE partner,

Walker
Lyon
Leary
Wright
Korisau

Have I missed any??

Now let's compare how many 5/8's have partnered the side that won the minor premiership.

Green

Then we add players out of position, eg Lewis Brown was a recognised back rower, who " could " fill in at centre, he's NOT a centre and that's where he played for most of 2016 and was bagged non stop because of it.

Will I Am, is barely a first grader, at best a fill in for an injured player, but ended up playing most of the year.

I could go on, but the thrust of this is, in 2016, if we can get a reasonable injury run, and some consistent sides week to week we will do better.

I hope!!

It was a dogs breakfast all year, and I'm sorry but apart from a few coaching selections that were wrong, it's just not the coaches fault that from 1 week to the next and then again to the next that we had different combinations across the park.

Walker
Lyon
Leary
Wright
Korisau

Have I missed any??

Now let's compare how many 5/8's have partnered the side that won the minor premiership.

Green

Then we add players out of position, eg Lewis Brown was a recognised back rower, who " could " fill in at centre, he's NOT a centre and that's where he played for most of 2016 and was bagged non stop because of it.

Will I Am, is barely a first grader, at best a fill in for an injured player, but ended up playing most of the year.

I could go on, but the thrust of this is, in 2016, if we can get a reasonable injury run, and some consistent sides week to week we will do better.

I hope!!
Mark, some on here probably believe Barrett is behind the injuries too @:mask:

Mark, some on here probably believe Barrett is behind the injuries too @:mask:

Barrett's a rookie, and can be blamed for some of the issues , selections , game plans and the way we seemed to approach games BUT, forgetting injuries for a moment and concentrating on combinations, how good would the Cowboys go if they didn't have Morgan, and Thurston was running on one leg and spent a sizeable amount of the year on the sideline???

I shake my head at times at how many on here dont look at the full picture.

I get they that they hate Twenty because a legend was sacked to put him there, but he's only been part of the problem in 2016.

Barrett's a rookie, and can be blamed for some of the issues , selections , game plans and the way we seemed to approach games BUT, forgetting injuries for a moment and concentrating on combinations, how good would the Cowboys go if they didn't have Morgan, and Thurston was running on one leg and spent a sizeable amount of the year on the sideline???

I shake my head at times at how many on here dont look at the full picture.

I get they that they hate Twenty because a legend was sacked to put him there, but he's only been part of the problem in 2016.
Agreed 100%

Look at Tom Turbo. Started on the wing, played a few very good games at centre, moved to fullback.

Tom actually played the opening 2 rounds at fullback. But it doesn't change your point about the backline. Snake, Jorge and DCE (and Parker) are the only players who played a single position. Hard to get anything consistent there.

Tom actually played the opening 2 rounds at fullback. But it doesn't change your point about the backline. Snake, Jorge and DCE (and Parker) are the only players who played a single position. Hard to get anything consistent there.
And DCE's the only one that had a consistent run in his spot. Snake was in and out with injury, ditto Jorge. Our three veterans in the back weren't able to offer much either. Matai admittedly looked good while fit but then he went down, Snake's head was never in it - not to mention he was shot health-wise and Lyon was too slow at centre and then when he finally offered stability at the 6 he was in and out again.

Walker
Lyon
Leary
Wright
Korisau

Have I missed any??

Green

I hope!!

And we only had one player that played every game....Lewis Brown!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4