Captaincy debate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yeah your right there, i think even tho mona's kicking ain't flash it was better than walkers too. Plus mona's ain't a druggo!!

I dont see the point in all the Monas bashing.

I know he is not the player to lead us to a GF, the coaching staff also know this otherwise we would not have lured Orford.

However as long as he plays for us I will support the man in some capacity as he does have a dig when on the field.

I wish he was not on the roster next year but he is and I see no point in constantly laying the boot in when management think the same way but have their hands tied on the issue.

Hye we didnt lay the boot in this thread was about who should be captain not whether you want to go for a love in with monas.

The thread was who was better, most people stated that Kennedy was a better idea for captain and i agree. A few do gooders came in to defend captain calamity so we had to re-hash the old points

01. Andrew Walker
02. Jason Ferris
03. Michael Monaghan

If all at prime, Those other two players were fantastic. Monaghan is just fair. That said - NEXT to Walker Monaghan played really well. Orford is better than Monahgan, so I think we'll be ok.

Someone heard Zorba on the radio announce Witt to play 5/8 next year.

As for the thread, a captaincy should only be relinquished - not stripped. If Monnas feels he wants to step down, then that's fine. Otherwise, it would not be morale boosting to all the team to strip it.

I know this thread was not started to lay the boot in, I just thought I would put my 2 cents in when some did.

i remember 1 game this season a fool was giving Monas heaps and then he set up a try and he was genuinely upset Monas set it up. I could not believe it.

and I agree with Kennedy as capt especially when you consider Monas is no certainity to be 1st grade.

You are a funny guy Ryan, Ferris and Fantastic :lol: :lol: thats a good one.

He tried hard like Monas, thats it.

maybe they should have given him the captaincy

I do wonder why Monas was given the captaincy.

The only reason I can think of is the No 7 was on his back at the time.

i was thinking the exact same thing the other day. had he not been given that captaincy we wouldnt have him next year!

Garts - when Ferris played for The Sharks - he was very good. Manly just didn't know how to get the best out of him. A problem I find with all the current players, and the coaching staffs ability to get the best out of them. You'll note a lot of players with lots of potential come to Manly, and drop right off in form:-

Mcguinness
Huamono
Ferris
Kite

to name a few...

There are also some who have played better than they did with their previous teams - Hicks, Dunley, Kylie, Heckenberg and also BK as he was injured most of the time with the knights.

Ferris, very good my ar$e. average 1st grader at best. but I did like his spirit!!!!

Huamono came back to league from boxing so he had not played in years.

Kite came to Manly from the Dragons, you look better with quality players around you. He was not the main go foward man there either. Besides he went ok this season.

McGuiness, well I dont think he went any better or worse whilst with us and a centre is influenced by the quality inside him. We lacked quality!!!!

Are you serious Tookey & Garts:-

Hicks - was playing rep footy before his falling out with his then coach
Dunley - Now gives away 1.2 penalties per game than what he did under Brian Smith
Kylie Leuleuai - If he is now playing better, then I worry about how bad he was before. He isn't a standout. Lets put it that way.
Heckenberg - on par. But definately not better or worse.
BK - I suggest you look at his previous games at Newcastle.

Brent Kite - He has gone from rep player to coming from the bench at manly.

None of you can deny the coaching staff got "improvement" out of us this year.

It was the old one step forward (at start of year) - 2 steps back (11 losses from 13).

Des Hasler celebrates mediocrity.

Hicks played country, so does that mean King, Harris and Haumono improved becuase they made city/country? I agree with Tookey that Hicks has improved since moving from Penrith. The year he played Country was the year NO origin player took part.

Personally I never thought Kite was rep material and even said at the start of the year he would not be selected this year as he would not look as good in our team due to lack of quality players. I dont think his lack of rep selection is a result of our coaching staffs lack of ability.

U can not be saying BK has gone backwards, he has said it was the fresh start he needed and is playing better as a result and he almost won the daly m award. Did he do that previously at Newcastle?

I dont think Des celebrates mediocrity but lets not get into this again!!!!

Ok - next year we will have:-

Orford
Bell
Menzies
Kennedy

etc in the team. We'll SEE how Dessy gets this lot moving.

yes we will SEE. 2006 will be his test, if he can not get consistant results he will be under enormous pressure.

as for celebrating mediocrity, I thought you would be used to it being a former Bears fan and all Ryan. ;) :dance:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6