Captain Kennedy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
VETERAN Test back rower Ben Kennedy was today named Manly captain for the 2006 NRL season.

The 31-year-old former Newcastle forward takes over the leadership from Michael Monaghan.

Coach Des Hasler described Kennedy as the "best onfield leader in the club".

"Ben Kennedy is an inspirational player and an obvious choice as captain," Hasler said via a club statement.

"His first-up season with Manly was exceptional last year and the leadership won't affect his role in any way."

Advertisement:
Kennedy beat out Monaghan and new recruit Matt Orford for the role

Hoo bloody Ray

Only twelve months after a certain rogue web-site advocated that it happen.

I wonder where all the Rocker Moanaghan apologists are today and whether they'll apologise for the abuse they heaped on us a year ago?

will Monas spit the dummy now? interesting to see what is in the papers on this in the coming week.

Will Monnas now chuck a dummy spit over losing the captaincy? Kennedy should have been captain last year and is certainly the best candidate for the job.

This is a post I placed on MSE, i'm sure it will receive a favourable reaction.

"Great news, all over at silvertails are rejoicing over the news.

Many over there thought the same decision should of been made at the beginning of last season.

Well done Dessie on a good decision."

Good news

I dont think monas will kick up a fuss, seemed to have learnt to drag the party line in recent months.

will Monas spit the dummy now? interesting to see what is in the papers on this in the coming week.

Why would Monaghan spit the dummy? He still doesn't even know what position (if any) he's playing.

The best man for the job, congrats BK.

I wonder if there will be any protest Save Monas marches at Narrabeen by the lunatic fringe 'real supporters' over at MSE. :stupid:

[quote author=Garts]

Why would Monaghan spit the dummy? He still doesn't even know what position (if any) he's playing.
[/quote]

becuase he has a history of doing it

I am willing to give Monaghan benefit of the doubt.

The signs were that he was never going to be captain - after the No show at the Presentation Night.

Just hope it settles down now and he can concentrate on being a first grader!

congrats to BK....my only worry is that he did not want it earlier,i hope this does not bring his form down
i think Dessie has shown his hand with Monnas imo i think Monnas is going to play hooker interchanging with Dunners

and a huge thanks to Monnas for the last two years as captain

Last year, BK was regularly interviewed on radio programmes discussing Manly. He will more than handle the media side of things and we all know he's a fantastic leader on the field.

I guess BK had to much class to discuss private matters between the club and himself to the media.

he wanted it earlier it was always a foregone conclusion. They were pandering to the press. Though a few weeks back if you read the news articles closely it is mentioned that monnas would not be captain and that the duties were removed from him at the end of last season.

Anyways

Congrats to BK he is the ideal man for the job. well done. This will also bring some more media attention to manly and for the right reasons. I am very confident about the season now!

[quote author=The Fonz]
[quote author=Garts]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Terrible answer.

I'm willing to bet money on the fact Monaghan doesn't say anything negative about the appointment of BK.

[quote author=Garts]
[quote author=The Fonz]
[quote author=Garts]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Terrible answer.

I'm willing to bet money on the fact Monaghan doesn't say anything negative about the appointment of BK.
[/quote]

agreed. I dont think he will have anything bad to say either.

Fonz dont forget you have a little more inside info that we don't

[quote author=Garts]
[quote author=The Fonz]
[quote author=Garts]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Terrible answer.

[/quote]

I never said he would spit the dummy I was just saying it will be interesting to see what is said or printed. Comment is justified as it is backed up with what happened in the past. For what it is worth I dont believe he will spit dummy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4