Captain for 2017?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE and jake t co captain. Jake is ready and DCE is our marquee. Both manly players throughout their careers as well. Jamie buhrer vice captain.

Marty Tapau.

If he disagrees with the refs decision the refs gets a stiff arm.

If a player is not putting in at training the player gets a stiff arm.

If the media are asking stupid questions in the post match interview, they get stiff arms.

If a player is being a d##head at the pub. STIFF ARM

DCE will be captain. I would be very surpised if he wasnt.

it might have been part of his deal when he re-signed.

Perhaps Trent has been reading Silvertails?
Jack & Jamie as co-Vice Captains?
Hope that leads into next year.

Sea Eagles Coach Trent Barrett says the appointment of Jamie Buhrer as co-captain is a reward for the quality traits the back-rower shows on and off the field.

“He has really emerged as a real leader for us this year, Jamie. Through the tough times we have had, he really stood up and helped keep the team together,’’ Buhrer said.

The respected forward will share the captaincy duties against Parramatta Eels tonight with Manly junior Jake Trbojevic.

--------------------------------

J
amie's first go at Captain last night didn't go well for him as a player. He probably had his worst game of the year!

Have to agree that DCE doesn't need the added responsibility of being captain. Sure, keep him as vice captain, but don't make him captain.

I'd be happy if Jake and Ferris were named as co-captains next year with DCE the vice captain.

DCE should not be captain. He left our club last year for more money at the titans and has not loyalty in the team that made him what he is today. No way would I ever give my captincy to player like that. Jake trbojevic is standout for me

Seriously? It would seem the fact that he was all prepared to sign for just $700k before the Penn's pulled the original offer to concentrate on signing Foran has obviously escaped your notice. DCE never wanted to leave Manly and it was the Penn's who's loyalty was misguided.

Facts first, then post. The ignorance not shown might be your own.....

I'm sorry but DCE is not a born leader. Has struggled to lead the team around the park, doesn't need the pressure of captain on him as well.

I'd be comfortable with Jake. Has obvious leader qualities, is a Manly player through and through and will be here long term.
Totally agree with Jake being captain, this guy's so passionate for the club it looked like he was nearly in tears during the presser.

Just diverging. Hope ahead. The Reggies almost defeated second placed Cutters at Wollongong today losing 28-30 and leading at half time. Of significance, Meehan, Knight and Hopoate were playing in the forwards.

After tonight I really thought showed great leader ship on the field tonight. He was there in the huddle giving the boys a talk before golden point and was there for Tom when he made that mistake, he was there in the important moments and throughout the press conference he was calm and composed. Well done chez really proved to me you should be captain of this club. He is the face of our club. Jake just doesn't need that pressure early on to be a standalone skipper so Jake and DCE should be co captains. But DCE is a must.

Marty Tapau.

If he disagrees with the refs decision the refs gets a stiff arm.

If a player is not putting in at training the player gets a stiff arm.

If the media are asking stupid questions in the post match interview, they get stiff arms.

If a player is being a d##head at the pub. STIFF ARM
And if we are up and winning by 1 point in the last minutes of the game... stiff arm ;)

After tonight I really thought showed great leader ship on the field tonight. He was there in the huddle giving the boys a talk before golden point and was there for Tom when he made that mistake, he was there in the important moments and throughout the press conference he was calm and composed. Well done chez really proved to me you should be captain of this club. He is the face of our club. Jake just doesn't need that pressure early on to be a standalone skipper so Jake and DCE should be co captains. But DCE is a must.
i tend to agree with you here

cherry displayed a cool head last night. although he is not the man manager, he is quite sharp, and possibly the best placed to referee manage. Referee management to me is one of the principal responsibilities of a captain in today's referee driven game - and i think there's two aspects to this - speaking to the referee in a manner that gets him on your side, and being able to interact with the ref without it affecting the player's game. Cameron Smith is obviously far and away the best at this in today's comp.

As much as Jake is an inspiration and a leader amongst the group, i don't see him being best placed to interact in this manner. i can't imagine having to deal with these self important little f&^wads we have running the game without getting frustrated and letting it affect your emotional state. god knows it happens to me every time i watch a game!

DCE is the man i reckon. Co-captain maybe like lyon and kingie used to be, but with DCE there for ref management and media and Jake as pack leader and dude-who-mans-the-BBQ.

I have a great deal of respect for DCE and Jake. But for me I would go for Buhrer as captain. He has a cool no nonsense persona, doesnt lose it too often and for me is the Cameron Smith type who would speak logically with refs. Very supportive and inspirational with fellow players. Lyon was an excellent captain. Buhrer strikes me as having the same temperament, only a little more confident

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7