Canterbury Cup Squad according to NSWRL - clearly does not include MWSE aligned players

MW66

Reserve Grader
Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles
  • Pio Nakubwai
  • Sam Manuleleua
  • Kenneth Korro
  • Alfred Smalley
  • Bilal Maarbani
  • Gus Garzaniti
  • Alex Seve
  • Fred Junior Manala
  • Joeseph Tramontana
  • Mitch Butfield
  • Michael Tupou
  • Topiese Taufa
  • Jack Hayson
  • Lucas Castles
  • Rhys Sciglitano
  • Edward Ipape
  • Zac Dockar-Clay
  • Dane Aukofalau
  • Reed Izzard
  • Tuimavave Afualo
  • John Folau
  • Denzal Tonise
  • Francis Laloua-Tui
  • Andy Saunders
  • Tyler Cassell

Perrett gone 100% Boncos
Falau is back
Mitchell should be there though Roosters still have him as part of them also?

I was under the impression that Ipape signed with Manly rather than Blacktown? Can anyone clarify if he is elligle to play NRL.

I thought he was siply here on a train and trial basis .... if he has signed with Blacktown I would take that as progress .... the signing of Levi gives us anothr year to devlope his game ...

Couple of good young players in that group.
Afualo is an ex-Oz schoolboy rep and is very skilfull,plays centre but might be a bit small to play centre at NRL level,could be a good 5/8.From the eels flegg side last year and was in the grandfinal squad that lost to us but don't think he played that game.
Castle was one of the captains of last years Tigers flegg side and a lockforward.
Seve is from the Dogs,originally from eels I think,a half or 5/8 and played in the same junior rep sides as Metcalfe I think.
Hayson is from the Warringah Rats rugby club,was their starting open side flanker(no.7)Has a good workrate and gets involved and some ability with the ball in hand I believe,might take some time to adjust to league I guess.
I believe that there are more guys in the squad like Ott that are not named,Workers will be fielding a side in the Sydney shield this year but did not last year,they have a cc and rmc trial coming up on 6th of feb I hear.

Last edited:
Got to hand to you Joe , your insight and detailed references to new additions or prospective signings for Manly lower grades and affiliated sides is always pretty awesome . Like Happily Manly and Holden V 8 and Brisse Kid for instance , your research capability also seems quite impressive .Pleased that the outside back Dane Aokofalau is still in the Black Town squad , seems to have some real ability , noticed that eager prop Deluis [ maybe wrong spelling and had a few outside issues last season ] hasn "t been retained but Saunders is . Maybe if Black town can get a bit of stability with their team make up on a regular basis , they could be very competitive [ as has previously been suggested ]

Couple of good young players in that group.
Afualo is an ex-Oz schoolboy rep and is very skilfull,plays centre but might be a bit small to play centre at NRL level,could be a good 5/8.From the eels flegg side last year and was in the grandfinal squad that lost to us but don't think he played that game.
Castle was the captain of last years Tigers flegg side and a lockforward.
Seve is from the Dogs,originally from eels I think,a half or 5/8 and played in the same junior rep sides as Metcalfe I think.
Hayson is from the Warringah Rats rugby club,was their starting open side flanker(no.7)Has a good workrate and gets involved and some ability with the ball in hand I believe,might take some time to adjust to league I guess.
I believe that there are more guys in the squad like Ott that are not named,Workers will be fielding a side in the Sydney shield this year but did not last year,they have a cc and rmc trial coming up on 6th of feb I hear.

As usual Smokin' your eyes are well on the ball. You must live the game or you're somehow working for the club. Amazing information you come up with.

Got to hand to you Joe , your insight and detailed references to new additions or prospective signings for Manly lower grades and affiliated sides is always pretty awesome . Like Happily Manly and Holden V 8 and Brisse Kid for instance , your research capability also seems quite impressive .Pleased that the outside back Dane Aokofalau is still in the Black Town squad , seems to have some real ability , noticed that eager prop Deluis [ maybe wrong spelling and had a few outside issues last season ] hasn "t been retained but Saunders is . Maybe if Black town can get a bit of stability with their team make up on a regular basis , they could be very competitive [ as has previously been suggested ]
Yeah,I like Aukafolau too,solid player.Look there are good players in the Blacktown squad who can/will contribute this year.
Saunders,Butfield,Dockar-Clay,Ott,Ipape,Izzard,Tupou,Smalley,Nakubawai,Koro,Aukafolau,Folau can all offer somehing at CC level(or higher) if/or called upon.Very hard to have stability if our NRL players are getting injured on a regular basis like last year,people bagged Workers perfomance last year but when you don't have the same side 2 weeks in a row and are playing with a side that has to deal with having 12 plus of the top 30 side injured(as well as Workers players injured) it is tough to be winning regularly.
Last year we found Miski as well as T-rex(Amone too if he didn't sign with Bunnies) as guys who can make the step up and that is what I prefer than winning games(though it would be nice...)Getting guys to provide depth and having a few of them develop and push for spots for the NRL side is more important I believe.No one cares if your reggies are premiers if your NRL side collects the wooden spoon.
As for DeLuis I am not sure if he is with them or not,I think he may have a case still to answer but there is a guy who could be his doppelganger training with the side.(it may not be him,could be someone else)

Yeah,I like Aukafolau too,solid player.Look there are good players in the Blacktown squad who can/will contribute this year.
Saunders,Butfield,Dockar-Clay,Ott,Ipape,Izzard,Tupou,Smalley,Nakubawai,Koro,Aukafolau,Folau can all offer somehing at CC level(or higher) if/or called upon.Very hard to have stability if our NRL players are getting injured on a regular basis like last year,people bagged Workers perfomance last year but when you don't have the same side 2 weeks in a row and are playing with a side that has to deal with having 12 plus of the top 30 side injured(as well as Workers players injured) it is tough to be winning regularly.
Last year we found Miski as well as T-rex(Amone too if he didn't sign with Bunnies) as guys who can make the step up and that is what I prefer than winning games(though it would be nice...)Getting guys to provide depth and having a few of them develop and push for spots for the NRL side is more important I believe.No one cares if your reggies are premiers if your NRL side collects the wooden spoon.
As for DeLuis I am not sure if he is with them or not,I think he may have a case still to answer but there is a guy who could be his doppelganger training with the side.(it may not be him,could be someone else)
Pretty spot on with your post there also and i guess that it serves a variety of purposes in having an affiliated club or region with a good junior and higher grade make up [ numbers wise anyway ] and away from the Northern Beaches , Always some good local talent coming through the Manly ranks but still a bit of a limited catchment area for N R L requirements in recent times . No doubt also helps to have a financially viable club as in Black Town . Note that the Manly feeder club at the time Sunny Coast won the Q cup ten or so years ago but before that i think that it was 1988 or so when Manly previously won a reserve grade G F and during the 1990 's i think that Manly reserves were regularly at the bottom of the table with most of the emphasis on a strong 1 st grade team . The north western regions of Sydney does not seem to have a direct connection with N R l sides [ maybe North Sydney juniors but not all of the regional spread out areas there again it would appear and i am sure that most N R L sides including Manly have talent scouts keeping an eye on things there .. Gives every indication of being a mutually beneficial and worth while arrangement with the Workers , ideally it can continue to develop and evolve well .

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2