Cant Wait for the Presser - I Bet Baret doesnt show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Chez gave a heartfelt apology to the crowd at Brookie for the game, the year and the cold, and promised to do better in 2019.

Then proceeded to run around the near empty stadium with his dejected team mates :clap:

No thanks nor apology to the crowd, or even an appearance from our CEO and Owners :lipssealed:

And that my friend says it all about the current situation. Zero leadership and the frustration I believe is flowing onto the field and the playing group.

I would be dreaming but would love dez back as head coach, tooves as assistant, donny head coach, max bought back into the club or a billionaire who was happy for football department to run it with the penns and Zorba going.
I really don't understand the point of holding onto the Franchise by the current owners.

Scott is basically in the US, Rick just reacts to ZTC's gripes and their name is being sullied constantly in the media :think:

The off season will be more eventfull than this miserable year :nod:

Chez is the only player to have played under the different ownership structures and our last 3 coaches.
It would be interesting to hear how or if anything in Manly's operations have in fact changed drastically @:cool:

Yet again last night Cherry had his pants pulled down by a halfback on half his salary. While the rest of the teams a shambles Cherry should probably start looking a little closer to home for someone to blame. He’s not employed primarily as a defensive player, he’s supposed to get his hands on the ball and organise the attack. A really good half should be able to contribute even when there’s no game plan and little support from the rest of the team. For example Green last year. And Green is by no means a great half.
We lost because we cant defend - 42 points against! This is not a half back issue. DCE is not the issue. We have the worst defence in the comp.

Yet again last night Cherry had his pants pulled down by a halfback on half his salary. While the rest of the teams a shambles Cherry should probably start looking a little closer to home for someone to blame. He’s not employed primarily as a defensive player, he’s supposed to get his hands on the ball and organise the attack. A really good half should be able to contribute even when there’s no game plan and little support from the rest of the team. For example Green last year. And Green is by no means a great half.
Cherry wasn’t the one missing tackles. Defense was our problem not attack. A lot of people love fainu but if you watch the replay he’s just not ready for nrl defence. He defends like 20’s. If you score 22 points in the first half you shouldn’t be dusted. I feel for him. He’s trying his guts out and there are a lot of blokes that just don’t look like they care

I would be dreaming but would love dez back as head coach, tooves as assistant, donny head coach, max bought back into the club or a billionaire who was happy for football department to run it with the penns and Zorba going.
I’d prefer DY RSL or Mounties (harbord diggers) to buy us. I don’t like the private ownership model. I think winning painted over some of the problems when max had us and it’s a shambles now.

The board oversight when there are private owners never seems independent enough and there is no accountability. At least registered clubs under nsw law have accountability provisions which are even stronger since all the parra rubbish and all our reports would be published. When we have private owners we just always have to take their word about what they are or aren’t spending. No one knows the truth

I really don't understand the point of holding onto the Franchise by the current owners.

Scott is basically in the US, Rick just reacts to ZTC's gripes and their name is being sullied constantly in the media :think:

The off season will be more eventfull than this miserable year :nod:

Chez is the only player to have played under the different ownership structures and our last 3 coaches.
It would be interesting to hear how or if anything in Manly's operations have in fact changed drastically @:cool:

Chez alluded to his gripes last night at the presser. Would be interesting indeed.:(

I’d prefer DY RSL or Mounties (harbord diggers) to buy us. I don’t like the private ownership model. I think winning painted over some of the problems when max had us and it’s a shambles now.

The board oversight when there are private owners never seems independent enough and there is no accountability. At least registered clubs under nsw law have accountability provisions which are even stronger since all the parra rubbish and all our reports would be published. When we have private owners we just always have to take their word about what they are or aren’t spending. No one knows the truth
Agree re the Mounties group - that would be ideal.

We lost because we cant defend - 42 points against! This is not a half back issue. DCE is not the issue. We have the worst defence in the comp.
I must have missed some of the play last night. I missed Chezzas 40 20s. The way he shadowed our forwards when we were on top handling the ball twice in every set of six, sparking back line moves, directing the forward runs, slipping deft little passes to unmarked runners. I missed his clever little kicks to control the game. Taylor’s not a great half but he contributed a lot more in the first half when they were under the pump and a lot more in the second half when we were under the pump. He wasn’t the star of the show but he contributed more than Cherry in general play and a crucial moments. To be honest though I may have missed some great plays by Cherry toward the end of the game. I was pretty drunk by then.

I must have missed some of the play last night. I missed Chezzas 40 20s. The way he shadowed our forwards when we were on top handling the ball twice in every set of six, sparking back line moves, directing the forward runs, slipping deft little passes to unmarked runners. I missed his clever little kicks to control the game. Taylor’s not a great half but he contributed a lot more in the first half when they were under the pump and a lot more in the second half when we were under the pump. He wasn’t the star of the show but he contributed more than Cherry in general play and a crucial moments. To be honest though I may have missed some great plays by Cherry toward the end of the game. I was pretty drunk by then.
I think you also missed the 34 points we scored @;)

Yep and he said it does not effect the players ... when they cross the line they have a job to do and are accountable and there are no excuses.... just “poor footy”

Pity his coach doesn’t think the same way
I watched the presser this morning. I thought Chez showed some real leadership there. He's been shut down by TB before but this time he did the shutting down of Trent and pu thet full responsibility of the dismal loss on himself the playing group.
I believe Baz and the way the club is being run needs to accept responsibility too. But Cherry acted like a man last night. A good sign from him.

‘It was like an under 20s game’: Barrett fumes at Manly capitulation

Trent !!!
You have our team playing like an under 20s team all fcking season mate .

Our under 20s were premiers not so long ago, and we won another junior comp right? Using under 20s as a simile to diss the first grade team shows that the coach has lost it, the club needs a respectful culture, with the junior teams taken seriously.

Let’s hope that winning culture from the juniors survives for the next generation.

As Arko said, Barrett should be on the bus back to Wollongong.

Another quote from Trent Barrett's presser;

“It was groundhog day a little bit and probably worse than the Penrith one,” Barrett said post match.

Well I wasn't too sure what our great coach was referring to, so as you do, you go to the urban dictionary for some guidance and it all now makes sense, and even gives us a clue on his relationship with Gus Ghoul.

Urban Dictionary: Groundhog Day

"When you are licking your mates asshole and you suck it so hard that a little brownpoop pokes its head out"

Our under 20s were premiers not so long ago, and we won another junior comp right? Using under 20s as a simile to diss the first grade team shows that the coach has lost it, the club needs a respectful culture, with the junior teams taken seriously.

Let’s hope that winning culture from the juniors survives for the next generation.

As Arko said, Barrett should be on the bus back to Wollongong.
You have made some very good points there and so has Arko

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8