Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher

TROUBLED rugby league star Chris Walker risks having his Gold Coast contract torn up today after another off-field misdemeanour.
The former Queensland Origin wing's NRL career could be ended when a club disciplinary committee reconvenes this morning to hear evidence gathered by managing director Michael Searle about an incident in a bar at the weekend.
Walker, who is due to return from a broken thumb in two weeks, is understood to have been ejected from a bar for bad behaviour.
"We've investigated an incident and, in the interests of not denying anyone natural justice, there's not much more I can say," Searle said last night.
"This is not a criminal offence, there are no victims, but the players' code has been breached and that is something we've been very strong on from day one."
The Titans were generally perceived as the "last chance" for Walker after years of strife at Brisbane, Sydney Roosters, South Sydney and Melbourne.
After being rescued from the rugby league scrapheap, he recently joked that he would prefer to be referred to as "reformed" in newspaper articles.
But Searle said there was no clause in Walker's contract that he would be subject to zero tolerance, and he would not speculate on the likely result.
He said the disciplinary committee had been formed according to corporations law. He declined to name the panellists.
"The committee had a meeting today and we adjourned while I gathered some materials overnight," Searle said.
"We will reconvene tomorrow."
Walker's agent, Chris Orr, did not return calls last night.
NRL chief executive David Gallop said: "Gold Coast have advised us that they are dealing with an issue and they are keeping us informed."

:lol: he is such a meathead

He is one those chip on the shoulder types. never liked him and had to smile when he played for the rabbits and single handedly lost their game against us last year.

He has talent but its fast running out of time and so is his luck in Oz. Hello ESL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remember a few years ago when he was an attacking strike weapon (the "Walker's on!) era?

Now, he would rate a mention in attacking players.

Didn't he lose a Grand Final for The Rorters. FFS, he's more up and down than me !

hmmm the exact same line i used that you had a big sook over yesterday.

Guess you were just sooking to try and get sympathy votes or something.

hmmm the exact same line i used that you had a big sook over yesterday.

Guess you were just sooking to try and get sympathy votes or something.

Too easy Fluffy. Waaaaay to easy. I threw that in for you !!! :lol:

No doubt he has talent but he squanders it and he just has an attitude that makes almost everyone want to hate him. No surprises. Sort of like Michael Crocker.

Jatz,
I think that was his equally stupid brother Ben, kicked ahead with a two man overlap. Would have won them the match if he'd passed. I can't recall who in our backline was out of position at that time. I'll have to review my tapes.

Jatz,
I think that was his equally stupid brother Ben, kicked ahead with a two man overlap. Would have won them the match if he'd passed. I can't recall who in our backline was out of position at that time. I'll have to review my tapes.

:lol: Say it isn't so!

It really irks me that his family come out and try to excuse his behaviour behind the facade of depression.

FFS, a lot of people suffering from depression see no need to go and get blotto in clubs thrice weekly and brawl with anyone with teeth.

Why don't they come out and call it what it is - lack of discipline and character.

Kids, the lesson for this week is:

"A leopard will never change it's spots"

Chris Walker and Neville Costigan have both proven this and it's exactly why Manly didn't go for Faumuina.. no doubt he will be next.

It really irks me that his family come out and try to excuse his behaviour behind the facade of depression.

FFS, a lot of people suffering from depression see no need to go and get blotto in clubs thrice weekly and brawl with anyone with teeth.

Why don't they come out and call it what it is - lack of discipline and character.
Too true.

Big Willie was on TV also last night pleading he didn't mean it, it's all a misunderstanding and begging forgiveness. I know it is not directly related to depression but all we get is a constant stream of the same offenders doing the inexcusable then saying it wasn't so bad and that their career is back on track. Pig's arse.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4